shape
carat
color
clarity

New RB E-Ring Arrived! R.I.P. my beloved EC.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring that looks gorgeous on your hand! I love the setting! :appl:

Vinche

Rough_Rock
I recently lost my engagement ring too and I was devastated! I had a 2.16 Ideal Princess cut that was a beauty. I felt the same way, I didn’t want to get the same exact replacement because to me that ring had a special place in my heart and I wanted to get something different that I hope I will grow to love just as much (maybe it’s odd, but that’s how I felt). I will be getting my replacement on Saturday and can’t wait to see it! I did something similar to you, a round in a simple setting rather than a fancy shape with a diamond band. Yours is a beauty!!! I think it’s look exceptional on you!

LolaRVA

Rough_Rock
A408642F-7B04-4DA3-A613-B3F41E6B9CAD.jpeg
I recently lost my engagement ring too and I was devastated! I had a 2.16 Ideal Princess cut that was a beauty. I felt the same way, I didn’t want to get the same exact replacement because to me that ring had a special place in my heart and I wanted to get something different that I hope I will grow to love just as much (maybe it’s odd, but that’s how I felt). I will be getting my replacement on Saturday and can’t wait to see it! I did something similar to you, a round in a simple setting rather than a fancy shape with a diamond band. Yours is a beauty!!! I think it’s look exceptional on you!

So sorry for your loss, yes it’s devastating. Shocking, really. Worse part for me is that I didn’t even lose the ring - the entire head with center stone broke off, never to be found again. One moment there, doing normal activities, suddenly noticed a big gaping hole. Followed my a lot of jeweler drama that I’m trying to put behind me.

I still search through the house in hopes of finding the head and stone. I’m sure you do the same, it’s not fun.

Hopefully for both of us, our replacement rings bring closure and new beginnings. Have you posted stats for your new ring anywhere here?

LolaRVA

Rough_Rock
31C4FECF-3BE3-4C8C-8995-D6A2E4C9E105.jpeg B97D2148-82BF-441D-B3AC-7FB1037F8C13.jpeg
Beautiful ring that looks gorgeous on your hand! I love the setting! :appl:

I LOVE YOUR DOG! Mine says hi!
I am very happy with the setting. I was admiring in the car today, I love how much light passes through and there’s sparkle from every side. I went a little over budget for the G color strictly so I could see clear white from all angles. I think it was worth it!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
31C4FECF-3BE3-4C8C-8995-D6A2E4C9E105.jpeg B97D2148-82BF-441D-B3AC-7FB1037F8C13.jpeg

I LOVE YOUR DOG! Mine says hi!
I am very happy with the setting. I was admiring in the car today, I love how much light passes through and there’s sparkle from every side. I went a little over budget for the G color strictly so I could see clear white from all angles. I think it was worth it!
Hi back! :wavey:
A70ADC51-315A-47F6-9AFF-3D4F7F7C8C29.jpeg

Vinche

Rough_Rock
AECA272E-80A5-44EC-AA6A-D74268211BFB.jpeg
A408642F-7B04-4DA3-A613-B3F41E6B9CAD.jpeg

So sorry for your loss, yes it’s devastating. Shocking, really. Worse part for me is that I didn’t even lose the ring - the entire head with center stone broke off, never to be found again. One moment there, doing normal activities, suddenly noticed a big gaping hole. Followed my a lot of jeweler drama that I’m trying to put behind me.

I still search through the house in hopes of finding the head and stone. I’m sure you do the same, it’s not fun.

Hopefully for both of us, our replacement rings bring closure and new beginnings. Have you posted stats for your new ring anywhere here?

Wow I can’t believe the head fell off ☹️. I lost mine because it just slipped off my finger, I lost weight and it was loose on me. I didn’t even realize it until I was driving and I looked at my hands and realized it was gone! I do have a post on Show me the bling of pictures the jeweler sent me of my new ring. It’s a 3.04 SI2 I Color eye clean diamond, it’s truly a beauty! I can’t wait to get it. I just hope I love it as much as I loved my other ring. I get worried about the SI2 but when I inspected the diamond at the store I really couldn’t see any inclusions and it was the diamond that I kept on going back to. I’m glad you were able to replace totes with such a beauty! I posted pics of the new one and a hand shot of my old one

0BFDDFED-5DDE-4FF8-8A30-6C325A4A4B16.png A3ED0CD9-9214-4ACF-BBD2-80E2417E3C8C.png

LolaRVA

Rough_Rock
Beautiful! Now I’m wondering if I should’ve gone bigger...

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your new ring is beautiful and I love a solitaire with an diamond band/eternity. Gorgeous. I hope you come to adore it. You can always upgrade later for a larger size. But if your hubby wouldn't have a heart attack, go for it now.

LolaRVA

Rough_Rock
Your new ring is beautiful and I love a solitaire with an diamond band/eternity. Gorgeous. I hope you come to adore it. You can always upgrade later for a larger size. But if your hubby wouldn't have a heart attack, go for it now.

Haha, I wouldn’t have a hubby anymore if I suggested an upgrade! Seriously though, I think this ring is a perfect fit and good balance of statement and sensibility. I like to wear my rings all the time, we’re very active and travel frequently, anything larger would get in my way. Preparing for baby, priorities have changed - stroller alone is $1,000 :shock: (chosen for function, but also very cool looking), in 2 months I say sayonara to my job forever :dance:, and what will college cost in 18 years??? Plus I’m picking up a new diamond pendant to round out the look... This ring was very financially practical without causing any additional stress during a very busy time.

PriceScope can be a dangerous place, easy to get lost in massive stones and become dissatisfied with what you have. It’s fun to look but dangerous to compare.

Although if someone offered me a 4ct asscher, I wouldn’t turn it down!!!:love:

Diamond425

Shiny_Rock
2D9C3CB7-D166-48BC-9B30-7BC69D5812AB.jpeg I totally understand how you feel. I just got an upgrade from my Marquise. It was a carat and a quarter to a 2 ct round. To me it looked smaller and it still does. I am getting used to it also. It’s s because the fancy cuts are long so the seem larger. The stacking possibilities are endless. That is what I like. In time you will love it as much.. I am enjoying playing with stacking. My old ring is my avatar. Here my new one. Congratulations on the baby and new diamond. :appl:

Blingalingaling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness!! I've never seen this before where the head of a ring just snaps off like that, without some kind of trauma! You'd think it would take some kind of force that you would have felt for that to happen! Did you fall at some point or hit it very hard that, maybe not at that very moment, but soon after it could have dislodged? And do you think the head was soldered on originally and not all one piece? Was your setting a custom setting or was it a stock setting? Have you gone back to the jeweler who sold it to you and showed them? I'd be interested to hear what they said.
I feel for you! That must've been a shock to find the head of your ring off and the diamond you love and were so attached to, gone!! I understand how you must feel, missing your EC, not knowing what happened to it!
I think your new stone is stunning and it looks perfect on your hand! It's a different look, completely, from the other stone, but it's not any less beautiful! It sounds as though you've already started to grow attached to your new ring and appreciate it for all of it's splendor-that's really good! I like the idea of stacking your ring with bands but even with just your wedding band, it is a gorgeous stone and makes quite an elegant statement! :)

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
it looks amazing! I'm sure after some time getting accustomed to a RB you'll love it. Play with how the facets sparkle and the fire, and soon you'll love the benefits of an RB :)

congrats on your lil babykins too!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@LolaRVA, congratulations on the new baby! So much more important than a bigger diamond! I know very well how expensive baby gear is-I have been buying it for my daughter for baby #2. But, who cares, it is so much fun! Enjoy your little one and all the joy they bring. It is a great time in your life! May God shower your family with blessings.

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The MRB looks lovely and large on your hand. It looks great with your band. You have very long and elegant fingers - perhaps part of missing the EC was because the elongated shape looked good on your finger. But yes, the EC won't have the same fire and sparkle as your RB.

Good luck with the pregnancy!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow!! I love the new MRB and setting!! Very elegant and timeless! And I also think it looks larger and whiter/brighter than the EC based on those pics... I feel like softer, more rounded shapes really flatter the hand more than straight/pointed edges. It's lovely... truly.

LolaRVA

Rough_Rock
Oh wow!! I love the new MRB and setting!! Very elegant and timeless! And I also think it looks larger and whiter/brighter than the EC based on those pics... I feel like softer, more rounded shapes really flatter the hand more than straight/pointed edges. It's lovely... truly.

I am LOVING the whiteness! My EC was an I, which I’m sure only I was aware of, but there was a slight tint and this MRB shines white from top to bottom!

LolaRVA

Rough_Rock
@LolaRVA, congratulations on the new baby! So much more important than a bigger diamond! I know very well how expensive baby gear is-I have been buying it for my daughter for baby #2. But, who cares, it is so much fun! Enjoy your little one and all the joy they bring. It is a great time in your life! May God shower your family with blessings.

Thank you! And agreed, baby is better than any material possession!

LolaRVA

Rough_Rock
Thank you everyone AGAIN for the reassurance!
Oh my goodness!! I've never seen this before where the head of a ring just snaps off like that, without some kind of trauma! You'd think it would take some kind of force that you would have felt for that to happen! Did you fall at some point or hit it very hard that, maybe not at that very moment, but soon after it could have dislodged? And do you think the head was soldered on originally and not all one piece? Was your setting a custom setting or was it a stock setting? Have you gone back to the jeweler who sold it to you and showed them? I'd be interested to hear what they said.
I feel for you! That must've been a shock to find the head of your ring off and the diamond you love and were so attached to, gone!! I understand how you must feel, missing your EC, not knowing what happened to it!
I think your new stone is stunning and it looks perfect on your hand! It's a different look, completely, from the other stone, but it's not any less beautiful! It sounds as though you've already started to grow attached to your new ring and appreciate it for all of it's splendor-that's really good! I like the idea of stacking your ring with bands but even with just your wedding band, it is a gorgeous stone and makes quite an elegant statement! :)
It’s a crazy story, huh? No trauma as I’m certain I would’ve remembered an impact strong enough to separate properly bonded platinum. I posted a thread to Rocky Talky when this all happened in May - The head of the ring was in fact changed 7 months prior when I switched my original 1.4 MRB to the EC. I went straight to the jeweler the day the head disappeared, it was not a pleasant experience. The store manager said he’d replace the stone but then his boss wouldn’t allow it. Bad business, I try not to think about it. Options were insurance or lawsuit, husband and I agreed that it wasn’t the right time for the latter.

So as you might imagine, I was traumatized and considered not replacing the ring at all, as the thought of having another was more stressful than it was exciting. I think that’s part of my challenge attaching to this new piece. Hopefully as my anxiety fades and I enjoy admiring day-to-day, I will grow more comfortable and attached.

I did stop by the mall the other day, enjoyed admiring it in different lighting and mirrors!

LolaRVA

Rough_Rock
2D9C3CB7-D166-48BC-9B30-7BC69D5812AB.jpeg I totally understand how you feel. I just got an upgrade from my Marquise. It was a carat and a quarter to a 2 ct round. To me it looked smaller and it still does. I am getting used to it also. It’s s because the fancy cuts are long so the seem larger. The stacking possibilities are endless. That is what I like. In time you will love it as much.. I am enjoying playing with stacking. My old ring is my avatar. Here my new one. Congratulations on the baby and new diamond. :appl:
It’s so funny how our eyes and brains work, I agree it’s the length that drew us to our fancies. From your pics, no question that the round is a huge improvement from the marquise, so much brighter! Congrats!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
W:love:W!

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
930AAD45-142B-4BFD-A865-04B6885538ED.jpeg 8030E2D5-5974-476F-A157-6C92B05BAACC.jpeg 61FEE6FC-C71F-4D06-AC23-B9E898B31ED7.jpeg
After catastrophic loss of my first ring, I finally received my replacement! It’s beautiful but I think I’m still processing the loss of my first. Original emerald cut center stone (R.I.P :cry2:) was 2.64 carats. New RB is 2.39. My husband was never a fan of the EC and it was very important for me to choose something that he’d like as well (he wants me to wear what I like but he also paid for and has to look at it all the time...). I was also so heartbroken by the EC loss that I wanted to do something entirely different. No other fancy shapes impressed me, can’t go wrong with a beautiful RB. But it feels so small! I know, absurd to call >2c “small” but I think the EC had more finger coverage. I figured the slightly smaller RB was okay given that it has so much more sparkle, and of course cost/carat for RB is higher... I also had RB set as low as possible on simpler setting, the EC was awkwardly high for me. For replacement I wanted something very classic, secure, and clean, almost non-existent to just showcase the stone. When I was looking at RB stones, all the larger ones looked too big or were way over budget. The stone is GIA XXX, G color, SI2, set in platinum, size 4.25 finger (may need slight downsize later but currently pregnant so wanted some room to swell). HCA is 3.7 but I selected it after personally viewing and comparing multiple stones of varying scores, it was the one I repeatedly liked best within my budget. Depth is 62.6 so I’ve lost a little carat weight there, but it was really negligible on comparison. I couldn’t sacrifice more on color, as I would’ve constantly looked for warmth in H or I. The stone really is beautiful, so clear and white on face and sides.
I’m not trying to seem ungrateful by any means, but this is the last ring I plan to get and I always second-guess big decisions. Can I please get some encouragement, and also knock some sense into me that I haven’t significantly “downsized”? I think I’m getting caught up in the numbers in my mind. Please tell me I’m being crazy!

I think it is gorgeous and looks amazing on you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results