shape
carat
color
clarity

New Mount

Sizzle

Brilliant_Rock
I had this mount made up for my 3 carat diamond, but haven't taken the plunge with the reset. It's very blingtastic. Im worried that it will look to "Real Housewives of ATL/NBA wives" for my lifestyle...

Attachments

• haloreset2.bmp
    587.3 KB · Views: 3,081
  • haloreset.bmp
    623.3 KB · Views: 3,080

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Forgive me if this comes off wrong but doesn't rocking an amazing 3ct stone already put your bling in that category? I prefer princess cuts in halos and think it would look beautiful!

catwalk82

Shiny_Rock
The only thing that truly matters is whether or not you love it :tongue: I think it would look amazing! wear it with pride!

Sizzle

Brilliant_Rock
kelpie|1289661507|2764371 said:
Forgive me if this comes off wrong but doesn't rocking an amazing 3ct stone already put your bling in that category? I prefer princess cuts in halos and think it would look beautiful!

Its so funny because it doesn't even seem that big to me anymore, but I guess you're right!

STEPHANSON

Shiny_Rock
as long as you love and feel confident you can rock anything !
its beautiful and im sure it will look stunning set and on your finger .

oranges

Brilliant_Rock
I cannot wait for these handshots :love: :love:

tigian

Ideal_Rock
I think it is going to look amazing with your stone.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Go for it!!!!

Seriously, a 3ct princess cut stone is already "blingtastic" and I think that having it set as a solitaire or as a halo will either way be stunning and "realhousewives" esq. I don't see anything wrong with it! You obviously had the setting made up because you like it, so ROCK IT! literally.... :love: :appl:

VRB1

Rough_Rock
The more bling the better in my world if you have a pillow of diamonds for your huge diamond you are doing well!!! ha ha but the good news is if you do not like it after you can always go back because your diamond will last for ever!!! good luck on your choice :appl:

EHR2009

Brilliant_Rock
I love a huge rock in a solitaire setting, but I also understand wanting something different. I also love that new setting, but you could always put a sapphire in it and have a killer right hand ring to go with your killer rockin' solitaire on your left hand :) Would you be able to wear your wedding band with the new setting if you reset your diamond?

What were the original reasons that you decided on a solitaire setting? I always go back to that question when I think I want something else. Blingy settings are always very tempting to me, but I have to think back to why I chose a solitaire to begin with... If you originally chose a solitaire with the idea that you would eventually switch to a blingier setting, than you might have your answer!

agatha.nl

Shiny_Rock
yes, it's totally big and must cost a fortune, but what is a diamond like that if not worn! take her out and enjoy!!! or i could do it for you :tongue:

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
EHR2009|1289680342|2764682 said:
I love a huge rock in a solitaire setting, but I also understand wanting something different. I also love that new setting, but you could always put a sapphire in it and have a killer right hand ring to go with your killer rockin' solitaire on your left hand :) Would you be able to wear your wedding band with the new setting if you reset your diamond?

What were the original reasons that you decided on a solitaire setting? I always go back to that question when I think I want something else. Blingy settings are always very tempting to me, but I have to think back to why I chose a solitaire to begin with... If you originally chose a solitaire with the idea that you would eventually switch to a blingier setting, than you might have your answer!/quote]

EHR, I love this advice. You once told me the same thing when I first joined PS and it put me in perspective and made me fall in love with my e-ring again! Great advice!

Sizzle, if you went and purchased this setting then you must love it! So do it!!!! You'll still have your current solitaire setting so if down the road you want to go back to a simple setting again it will be an easy fix to switch it back. And I love the Real Housewives...so rock it sister!!!! And we want pics!!!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
pics! pics! pics!

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Pics please! It will look AWESOME. If YOU love it then you should wear it. I personally like lots of bling :love:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
RESET that puppy right now! Yup, it will be pretty over the top, but only in the best way. And you can keep your solitaire and if you do not like it, then go back. Simple simon.

I think it will cure your DSS.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
omg stop whatever you are doing and take that 3 ct puppy over to the jeweler and have that reset done ASAP then come right back to PS and post a million pictures!...now now...off you go!

reader

Brilliant_Rock
Its a yummy mount. What's not to love?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Blingtastic, indeed :love:

Sure it's over the top to some people, but then so is a 3ct rock :bigsmile: do what makes you happiest (and you know you'll be happiest resetting asap :devil: )

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
EHR2009|1289680342|2764682 said:

What were the original reasons that you decided on a solitaire setting? I always go back to that question when I think I want something else. Blingy settings are always very tempting to me, but I have to think back to why I chose a solitaire to begin with... If you originally chose a solitaire with the idea that you would eventually switch to a blingier setting, than you might have your answer!

Ditto.

Sizzle

Brilliant_Rock
When I got this setting I thought it would be a forever setting. It was just "basic". But as I wore it i found myself being unimpressed. The diamond sits low which I now know I don't like. It's not particularly interesting. But it goes wth my 5 stone truffle wedding band. The set is beautiful together. Just not "me". I'm a stand out in yo face artistic bling bling kinda girl and this set isn't. I just worried that the vlingnof my dreams might be seen as over the top. But the rest of my dress is kind neutral and boring 30s professional so I think I could rock a fabulous piece of jewelry and still be tasteful

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
I guess you did your choice...

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sizzle|1289926475|2768447 said:
When I got this setting I thought it would be a forever setting. It was just "basic". But as I wore it i found myself being unimpressed. The diamond sits low which I now know I don't like. It's not particularly interesting. But it goes wth my 5 stone truffle wedding band. The set is beautiful together. Just not "me". I'm a stand out in yo face artistic bling bling kinda girl and this set isn't. I just worried that the vlingnof my dreams might be seen as over the top. But the rest of my dress is kind neutral and boring 30s professional so I think I could rock a fabulous piece of jewelry and still be tasteful

You have to ask yourself: Do you love the 3carat rock in this setting? If the answer is YES then do it girl! Who CARES if you look like the house wife's on NJ? Those girls don't hold a candle to your rock! And even if everything else is 30's style (which is a great era to be sporting btw) you can still rock that ring. Or, you can get a 30's style setting for your rock and match :tongue:

Forget what everyone else thinks. If putting your stone in this setting is going to make you smile every time you see it/wear it, then do it. If you find it to be over the top for you, guess what? You have your old setting you can go back to until you figure out a nice happy medium! :bigsmile:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think you can rock that setting no problemo and look like a million bucks!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I say go for it. :bigsmile:

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
I'm in the camp that says "GO FOR IT!"

Yeah it will be a little over the top at first, but you'll get used to it FAST!!

What you have there is my dream ring!
I would wear that puppy with pride :praise:
It's GORGEOUS!!

P.S. I think if you are conservative in your overall style, a big fabulous ring like that is just a stunning look! A la Victoria Beckham. I love her style and she can really pull off those big rings in a very tasteful way.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Oh Sizzle, the new setting is gorgeous!!! I think that you should reset your beautiful stone.

I am a solitaire girl for right now, because it fits my lifestyle (SAHM, usually wearing jeans or yoga pants), I hardly ever get dressed up). But, for our 10 year anniversary, I am totally going for a blingy setting - probably a halo & sidestones. As much as I love the versatility, simplicity & ease of a solitaire, solitaires just don't have the wow factor like your beautiful new setting. I can't wait to see your reset!!!

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with the other posters here and vote that you HURRY OFF RIGHT NOW and set your beautiful 3 ct rock in this new setting. It is going to be uber-blingy and gorgeous. Wear your jewelry to please yourself. You know you can rock that new setting. It's just a matter of attitude. YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!! (but remember...we're all waiting for the pictures)! :naughty: :naughty:

Sizzle

Brilliant_Rock
Farleysmom|1289963059|2769454 said:
I agree with the other posters here and vote that you HURRY OFF RIGHT NOW and set your beautiful 3 ct rock in this new setting. It is going to be uber-blingy and gorgeous. Wear your jewelry to please yourself. You know you can rock that new setting. It's just a matter of attitude. YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!! (but remember...we're all waiting for the pictures)! :naughty: :naughty:

I'm hoping to go tomorrow. I'm just worried they'll want to keep it for days and days. I dont' want to part with my diamond!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can't wait to see it!

HeartingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Sizzle, I always say - life is too short NOT to surround yourself with things you love and make you happy!

Go, girl!! :appl: :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results