shape
carat
color
clarity

New moissy ring from Sin City on the way!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since selling my OEC, I have been looking casually for another smaller one because I miss the OEC sparkle. Then I was on IG checking stories and I notice a moissy ring Diana posted. It's an 8mm OEC in a 14K white gold vintage setting!

So that is on the way and I will come back and share when I have it! My first experience with moissy in this cut was not great (Harro) so hopefully this will be perfect.

IMG_7190.jpg

IMG_7191.jpg

IMG_7192.jpg

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wowza! Stunning!
New bling is so exciting.......I'm looking forward to seeing it on your hand!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ahhh! I saw that and asked about it! So happy you’re getting it! It’s gorgeous! Can’t wait to see it on you!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh sorry @Slick1, hope I didn't step on your toes there! It is a big size and it will fit on my middle finger of my right hand. Figure I'll try and make sure I like it before I consider resizing it.

She had the other three stone too in the Stuller setting, that one went fast!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh sorry @Slick1, hope I didn't step on your toes there! It is a big size and it will fit on my middle finger of my right hand. Figure I'll try and make sure I like it before I consider resizing it.

She had the other three stone too in the Stuller setting, that one went fast!

Oh my goodness, no! I’m so happy you got it. Really! Thank you though. I really have been trying to be good. Then I bought the avc three stone, so I really am good! I look forward to seeing it on you though. And if you change your mind, well...let me know! :lol:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is so stupid but I am actually nervous about this ring coming tomorrow. I just hope that it doesn't look the same as the first Moissanite OEC I had (Harro with a tiny culet maybe too small in fact) there was always obstruction in the center so it looked black when I looked at it on my finger.

Not sure why I am posting, maybe just to get it off my chest, maybe for reassurance if anyone else has Moissanite from Sin City, maybe because I am just crazy!

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful. Is there a thread where I can read about moissy stones?

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is so stupid but I am actually nervous about this ring coming tomorrow. I just hope that it doesn't look the same as the first Moissanite OEC I had (Harro with a tiny culet maybe too small in fact) there was always obstruction in the center so it looked black when I looked at it on my finger.

Not sure why I am posting, maybe just to get it off my chest, maybe for reassurance if anyone else has Moissanite from Sin City, maybe because I am just crazy!

I thought it looked lovely in her video and I might’ve watched a couple times. :lol: Fingers crossed you fall in love with it!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful. Is there a thread where I can read about moissy stones?

There are so many here in the fashion forum. You can do a search for Moissanite on PS and if shouls bring up all of the threads.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought it looked lovely in her video and I might’ve watched a couple times. :lol: Fingers crossed you fall in love with it!

Thanks, it's reassuring that you saw it and thought it looked good AND own multiple moissanites. Is it typical that the OEC cut has obstruction? I have dark hair so maybe that was a factor?

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, it's reassuring that you saw it and thought it looked good AND own multiple moissanites. Is it typical that the OEC cut has obstruction? I have dark hair so maybe that was a factor?

I feel like I saw Dreamer_d saying that obstruction is common in OECs on a thread recently. I can't recall which thread though so sorry for being unhelpful! :roll2:

But this one does look like it's got bright light return under the table with some different coloured petals in the last photo. That suggests to me that those central facets are not all on/all off which can be a wierd effect you see sometimes in the well-cut OECs (I dislike it because it looks like a navel to me and once I see it, I can't unsee it). So fingers crossed it's as pretty as its pictures suggest.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@foxinsox, I don't know why I am such a ball of nerves about this as it was relatively inexpensive. Thank you for the reassurance about the cut that is good to hear

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@foxinsox, I don't know why I am such a ball of nerves about this as it was relatively inexpensive. Thank you for the reassurance about the cut that is good to hear
I’m keen to see hand shots when it arrives. I hope it’s pretty

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope it turns out to be awesome! The setting is really beautiful, too.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Should be here this afternoon, I will update once I have it!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And it's delayed...maybe tomorrow.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bills are never delayed LOL!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@StephanieLynn, the stone looks really pretty to me! I hope you love it. And that setting is just beautiful!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here it is! So, it is a beautiful ring, I really believe this is a very nicely cut moissanite but it's just not my jam, I have learned to stay in my antique and vintage lane going forward.

I'm going to list this in Pre/loved later but @Slick1 you expressed interest first so you get first right of refusal. It is unfortunately raining today so this is the best I can do with pictures for now. The ring is a size 10 vintage white gold setting, really nice setting too.

IMG_7284.JPG

IMG_7288.JPG

IMG_7289.JPG IMG_7285.JPG

IMG_7286.JPG IMG_7287.JPG

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@StephanieLynn Aww, you are so kind! Thank you! It’s very pretty but definitely not as gorgeous as your new vintage pieces! I am sorely tempted but must resist as I am on a bling ban right now....but thank you for thinking of me. I wish I could.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m pretty sure Diana accepts returns. Have you asked?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m pretty sure Diana accepts returns. Have you asked?

She does, I haven't asked, figured I would see if anyone is interested first as I really hate to return things.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful, but sometimes it's so hard to know for sure if you'll like it based on photos alone.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You know, I'm going to live with it for a while, it's kind of growing on me, especially the setting. Maybe when the sun comes out in oh maybe a month I'll post some more pictures lol!

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
You know, I'm going to live with it for a while, it's kind of growing on me, especially the setting. Maybe when the sun comes out in oh maybe a month I'll post some more pictures lol!

If it helps, it's a very pretty ring! I really like how it looks.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @MeowMeow, I will say that this moissanite is leaps and bounds better than the Harro I had. It's kind of ridiculous because Harro is expensive so they should be great and maybe some cuts are but the OEC was not.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results