shape
carat
color
clarity

New Lady in Waiting, Hoping to be part of the group!

Ariadne_Theia

Shiny_Rock
Premium
It happened! I got engaged this weekend. Woo!!!

We went on a small nature trail by the beach, up on to the cliffs and we ended up stopping under a grove of trees. I was reading the little sign that explained about the trees and I saw him go down on one knees. Funnily enough, I have zero memory of saying yes but apparently I did. So we got to tell everyone and everyone was really positive. I have two sisters and one instantly cried and the other one made fake vomiting noises, so that was pretty funny. And we set our date for next year, on our 10 year anniversary.

We are both a little stressed though. I mean at one point, his family was asking what the venue was and what the dress would look like and what our colors were and we had only been engaged for 4 hours. :shock: So while I know I need to do research on venues and stuff, I'm putting it off so we can just enjoy being engaged for a little while.

lmcriss

Shiny_Rock
Ariadne_Theia|1480355179|4103130 said:

We went on a small nature trail by the beach, up on to the cliffs and we ended up stopping under a grove of trees. I was reading the little sign that explained about the trees and I saw him go down on one knees. Funnily enough, I have zero memory of saying yes but apparently I did. So we got to tell everyone and everyone was really positive. I have two sisters and one instantly cried and the other one made fake vomiting noises, so that was pretty funny. And we set our date for next year, on our 10 year anniversary.

We are both a little stressed though. I mean at one point, his family was asking what the venue was and what the dress would look like and what our colors were and we had only been engaged for 4 hours. :shock: So while I know I need to do research on venues and stuff, I'm putting it off so we can just enjoy being engaged for a little while.

YAY!!!! Oh lady CONGRATULATIONS!!! I actually thought about you this morning and looked at Price Scope to see if you'd posted lately ;-) I'M SO EXCITED FOR YOU and your new FIANCE!! Have you gotten used to calling him your fiancé yet? ;-) I need to see pictures of this RING!! How's it feel on your hand?! Is it still totally weird and foreign to have something on that finger? And I'm so glad that you guys get to get married on your 10 year anniversary!!

Don't worry about the family, just do you guys and don't worry about family. Just enjoy being engaged!! I'm so so so SO happy for you! Is this the proposal that he had planned? :D :appl: :dance: :appl: :dance: :appl: :clap: :clap: :appl: :dance: :love: :love: :love: :love:

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very exciting, Ariadne!!! :appl: :appl: Congratulations to you and your fiance! Taking some time to enjoy engagement bliss before getting involved in wedding planning is a great idea as the latter can be stressful.

When do we get to see hand shots of your engagement ring?! :naughty:

Ariadne_Theia

Shiny_Rock
Premium
It's super weird to be wearing it. It's a heavy-ish ring so I am super conscious of wearing it. I keep fiddling with it and looking down to make sure it's real. The proposal is exactly what we planned, he just had to wait for a weekend when we were able to go. It's one of my favorite places to go and I've commented before about proposing under those trees a couple years ago. He remembered and decided that's what he wanted to do.

I apologize for the handshots as my hands are too wobbly to get super clear pics.

complete_1.jpg

complete_2.jpg

handshot_1_1.jpg

handshot_2_0.jpg

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ariadne, your ring is gorgeous! :love: And look at that finger coverage! :twirl: It looks perfect on you.

I'm a little jelly of your proposal location. DH proposed at a business that no longer exists so now we can't return to "our" place. Your cliff by the nature trail will likely always exist and be a nice place for you and FI to go. :clap:

lmcriss

Shiny_Rock
your ring is ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!! I had it pictured in my head but for some reason it doesn't look anything like what I imagined, it's SO MUCH PRETTIER!! It looks absolutely perfect on you and the sentimental value of it will make it an heirloom for generations to come!! Congratulations lady!! It only takes a couple of days to get used to it being on your finger. Just remember to clean it when you get out of the shower or let it it soak in a cleaning solution while you're in the shower. Keep those gorgeous stones bright!! :D

elizabethess

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Ariadne_Theia|1480355179|4103130 said:

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! Congrats!!!!!!!!!! :clap: :dance: :clap: :dance: :clap: :dance:

Super excited for you! And your ring, wowza! So blingy and beautiful on you :)

Even though we knew we were having a short engagement we still made a pact to have 1 month with no wedding planning, just to enjoy getting engaged :) That's what we told everyone, too, when they pestered us... "We're taking a month to relax and just enjoy being engaged before thinking about anything." I highly suggest you practice your own version of a polite way of telling people to back off :lol: Just for sanity's sake.

Ariadne_Theia

Shiny_Rock
Premium
mary poppins - Thank you so much! I hope it will always be there, it's a state beach and one of the only places those trees grow. (: I am sorry your proposal spot went out of business.

lmcriss - Thanks! My descriptive skills are terrible. :p I've been trying to keep it clean, if only my RHRs would get the same love. Lol.

elizabethess - Thank you! I am loving the bling. I think it's a great idea to try to keep the wedding planning out of the holidays and maybe start fresh in January. I know everyone is just so excited they want to talk about it all the time.

I found another reason to love Christmas, the lights off the tree make my ring light up with so many rainbows. I am loving it! I am so excited that I am going to Grace's trunk show this weekend and I want to start looking at wedding bands. :halo:

lmcriss

Shiny_Rock
Ariadne_Theia|1480468382|4103591 said:
mary poppins - Thank you so much! I hope it will always be there, it's a state beach and one of the only places those trees grow. (: I am sorry your proposal spot went out of business.

lmcriss - Thanks! My descriptive skills are terrible. :p I've been trying to keep it clean, if only my RHRs would get the same love. Lol.

elizabethess - Thank you! I am loving the bling. I think it's a great idea to try to keep the wedding planning out of the holidays and maybe start fresh in January. I know everyone is just so excited they want to talk about it all the time.

I found another reason to love Christmas, the lights off the tree make my ring light up with so many rainbows. I am loving it! I am so excited that I am going to Grace's trunk show this weekend and I want to start looking at wedding bands. :halo:

Merry Christmas ladies!!! :D :love: Wishing you all infinite amounts of joy, health, love and prosperity for 2017!!!

Ariadne- How was the trunk show? Did you find your wedding band?

Ariadne_Theia

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Happy Holiday! I hope everyone has a happy new year!

The trunk show was so much fun. I love playing with jewelry. I found a possible wedding band. I found out alot about what I actually liked with my ring and what I didn't. Turns out, most of the bands I love as standalones do not work with my ring. I probably should have seen that coming.

I am currently emailing wedding venues. Which is super stressful, especially since nothing can really be done until I have one. Ah, the joys of wedding planning.

What is everyone up to and how were your holidays?

lmcriss

Shiny_Rock
Ariadne_Theia|1482777995|4109672 said:
Happy Holiday! I hope everyone has a happy new year!

The trunk show was so much fun. I love playing with jewelry. I found a possible wedding band. I found out alot about what I actually liked with my ring and what I didn't. Turns out, most of the bands I love as standalones do not work with my ring. I probably should have seen that coming.

I am currently emailing wedding venues. Which is super stressful, especially since nothing can really be done until I have one. Ah, the joys of wedding planning.

What is everyone up to and how were your holidays?

Our holidays were really nice! My fiancé doesn't have a ton of family, but we had one of his uncles come down to spend Christmas with us and it was SO nice!

What kind of rings are you looking at that you like with your ring? What kinds of rings don't you like?

We've been casually looking at rings and thinking about ideas as well. I rediscovered a men's/women's wedding band set in our estate case that I got excited about for about a day. The women's ring fit and looked SO pretty next to my ring. I've been thinking about not even having a wedding band since my ring is such an odd shape and possibly just having a simple right hand ring that I can wear on my left hand if we go camping or under gloves. Unfortunately, the men's band looked HORRIBLE on him! It was way too thin and yellow gold looks terrible on his skin tone. Who knew? :lol: Ironically, we've had this set in the store for forever and the women's band sold individually just before Christmas. I should get that excited about all of our expensive jewelry and maybe we'd go through inventory faster ;-) What does your fiancé want in a ring?

What kind of venues are you guys looking at? Emailing venues is not the most fun thing I've ever done, and honestly freaked me out to the point of just wanting to elope. Good luck lady, I'll get better once you put that deposit down. We just booked ours so now the headache is the guest list :-/

Ariadne_Theia

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I am glad you had a nice visit with your future family!

I was totally sold on wanting to get a diamonds band because, well, I love diamonds. But ring is so weird that most of them just look odd. I did find a curved band that fit my ring like a glove but I decided that I like a straight band better because otherwise it just sort of blends into my ring.
I've been looking into vintage engraved bands recently. A plain band with my ring looks a little stark but too much going on just makes it complicated. I really need to go to the mall and try on a few more styles just to make sure.
My fiance (oooh, how fun to say) is probably going to get a cheap tungsten band or something similar because he hates wearing rings and he probably won't wear it that much so he wants something really basic. I am trying to have him go for black cobalt chrome. But whatever he likes, I guess.

I totally understand your dilemma with the wedding band. It's such a unique style that you sorta have to find that one in a thousand band that is going to match in some way. But you have such an advantage working in a jewelry store, I am jealous.

Ooooh. What venue did you decide to go with?

My main problem is getting married in December. Even though SoCal is warm, I still don't want to have it outdoors in case it is cold or rains. But because the weather here is so nice, a lot of venues only have outdoor ceremony areas. So my search is rather limited. I am checking out some downtown hotels and a few county clubs. It is surprisingly hard to get some places to email you back. Everyone says once you get the venue, it gets easier. But I have a feeling that it really doesn't.

lmcriss

Shiny_Rock
Ariadne_Theia|1482946858|4110056 said:
I am glad you had a nice visit with your future family!

I was totally sold on wanting to get a diamonds band because, well, I love diamonds. But ring is so weird that most of them just look odd. I did find a curved band that fit my ring like a glove but I decided that I like a straight band better because otherwise it just sort of blends into my ring.
I've been looking into vintage engraved bands recently. A plain band with my ring looks a little stark but too much going on just makes it complicated. I really need to go to the mall and try on a few more styles just to make sure.
My fiance (oooh, how fun to say) is probably going to get a cheap tungsten band or something similar because he hates wearing rings and he probably won't wear it that much so he wants something really basic. I am trying to have him go for black cobalt chrome. But whatever he likes, I guess.

I totally understand your dilemma with the wedding band. It's such a unique style that you sorta have to find that one in a thousand band that is going to match in some way. But you have such an advantage working in a jewelry store, I am jealous.

Ooooh. What venue did you decide to go with?

My main problem is getting married in December. Even though SoCal is warm, I still don't want to have it outdoors in case it is cold or rains. But because the weather here is so nice, a lot of venues only have outdoor ceremony areas. So my search is rather limited. I am checking out some downtown hotels and a few county clubs. It is surprisingly hard to get some places to email you back. Everyone says once you get the venue, it gets easier. But I have a feeling that it really doesn't.

Are there venues that offer indoor and outdoor options? What are the rainy weather options? I mean it DOES rain there sometimes doesn't it? I found it was difficult to get places to email me back, but I figured it was because the size of our guest list varied wildly (5-75 approx.) Glad to know they weren't just discriminating against the probability of a small wedding. I think the rest of the details end up being pretty fun (dress, jewelry, food, music, pictures, etc.) but our guest list is proving to be just as frustrating as the venue. We ended up choosing an old boy scout summer camp for ours. It has a GORGEOUS lodge that will be our rainy day option, and rustic cabins for guests to stay in in they choose to. It sits on a private peninsula on a gorgeous mountain lake and was surprisingly in our budget. We're going to be doing pretty much EVERYTHING by ourselves, but I think it's going to be really fun for the people we can invite :) How big or small is your wedding going to be? Have you thought about your guest list yet?

Ariadne_Theia

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Sorry, I took so long to come back. I've been very busy running around venues and emailing them.

Your venue sounds gorgeous!!! We are looking for places for indoor ceremonies but because the weather is so nice in SoCal and winter is off season, alot of places only have outdoor spaces. We are also having around 75 people. Our main budget problem is hitting the food and beverage minimum with that few people. In two weeks, I go back home for my dad's birthday and I have more venue tours scheduled and a appointment at a bridal salon. I need to book a venue soon so it's pretty stressful!

Ariadne_Theia

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Any new details? Did you have some wedding band ideas? :naughty:

lmcriss

Shiny_Rock
Ariadne_Theia|1484787293|4116394 said:
Any new details? Did you have some wedding band ideas? :naughty:

Well, we're cutting it kind of close so instead of sending out regular save the dates we just sent out an email to people who would be traveling from out of state with information about the area and our venue so that if they want to start making plans they have something to go on that isn't just a cute "save the date!" card. Slowly, we're getting the guest list hashed out so that's good :D UGH his ideas for wedding bands are that he wants the tread from his motorcycle to be on BOTH of our wedding bands (we're going on a motorcycle road trip for our honeymoon). He thinks it would be sweet and sentimental to remember our trip (like our MARRIAGE isn't enough of a reminder of why we wear rings ;-)) and because the touring bike that we'll be on has a fat tire in the back and a skinny tire in the front, so wouldn't that make for a cool wedding band because the two tires need to work together to make the bike work? I told him I'd look into a company that does rings like this at work but that I'm not thrilled with wearing motorcycle tread on my finger for the rest of my life lol... so that's where we're at :razz: What about you? any new developments with your venue search? Have you found wedding bands yet?

Ariadne_Theia

Shiny_Rock
Premium
That sounds so exciting! But I am with you on the tire wedding bands. Plus wouldn't that be uncomfortable? I can just imagine getting the pattern from the tire imprinted on your neighboring fingers.

It sounds like you are making wedding planning progress and that's fantastic! I am seeing my last few venues this week but I may have found the one. It's a hotel that is part vintage, part modern. They have this great atrium where we could get married and the ballroom area is really cool. So it's the top of my list right now. Wedding band wise, I got nothing. Most of the styles I try just look weird with my ring and since when I fidget, I rub my hands and squeeze my fingers, I have a history of wearing the engraving off rings super quickly which is unfortunate since engraved bands look better with my ring so far.

Did you get a dress yet?

lmcriss

Shiny_Rock
Ariadne_Theia|1485278756|4119074 said:
That sounds so exciting! But I am with you on the tire wedding bands. Plus wouldn't that be uncomfortable? I can just imagine getting the pattern from the tire imprinted on your neighboring fingers.

It sounds like you are making wedding planning progress and that's fantastic! I am seeing my last few venues this week but I may have found the one. It's a hotel that is part vintage, part modern. They have this great atrium where we could get married and the ballroom area is really cool. So it's the top of my list right now. Wedding band wise, I got nothing. Most of the styles I try just look weird with my ring and since when I fidget, I rub my hands and squeeze my fingers, I have a history of wearing the engraving off rings super quickly which is unfortunate since engraved bands look better with my ring so far.

Did you get a dress yet?

Hey Lady! Long time no talk! How did all of your venue appointments go? the place you were describing sounds gorgeous! Did you choose that one? Or another one? Where are you in your process? Your date is in December right? (Can't remember exactly, just that it's your dating anniversary)

Today marks 4 MONTHS for us!!! WAHOOOOOO! I'm nervous about it though. We're doing mostly everything ourselves (probably including food) so it's going to be stressful but hopefully fun :) I just really want it to be super casual and laid back and mostly FUN! I just REALLY want everyone to have lots of fun! I got my dress in December off of Ebay and knew ahead that I'd have to alter it, so I'm working with a friend to get the perfect fit. Have you looked at or bought your dress yet? Have you done any sending of save the dates or anything?

Are you guys doing anything fun for Valentine's Day? I think ours is going to be pretty laid back this year since it's in the middle of the week...

I think My FI finally gave up on the motorcycle ring idea (:-\) I feel kind of bad because he could do that by himself but apparently if I didn't do it too the symbolism would be gone... So We're back to square 1 with his ring and I'm back to probably not having a wedding ring unless he really insists on it. Have you made any progress on your ring?

Ariadne_Theia

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hi! I know it's been so long. I am almost done with the venue, I hope. Next weekend, I am taking the fiance and my parents to see the place I liked and hopefully sign a contract. I am getting married 12/30 so I really had better get this nailed down. :wall:

I am so excited you for you! You are soo close. I am sure getting all the stuff ready will keep you really busy but I bet it will turn out beautiful. I definitely want to hear more about your dress. Had you tried it on and a store and then found a deal? Or is it a style you knew you wanted for awhile? I've been doing some dress shopping but it's been hard because tulle is really in now and I am much more of a satin type of lady.

I usually con my fiance into cooking me a nice dinner on Vday so I think we'll do that and exchange some chocolates and call it a day. We like the holiday but it's a nightmare to try to go out and do anything that day cause everyone else is out celebrating too.

I am sorry your fiance didn't get his tire ring. As I recall, you were pretty ambivalent about having a band at all right? I have looked at I swear, every band in the world. I think a vintage one would be best as the new ones just have a style clash with my ering. But I am making my fiance pick it out. I can't decide and I love all the jewelry he gives me because he picked out for me. And since he dodged a bullet on picking out my engagement ring, I think it's only fair. :naughty:

What do you still have left to do for the wedding? Are you and your fiance getting really excited now?

lmcriss

Shiny_Rock
Ariadne_Theia|1486925601|4127826 said:
Hi! I know it's been so long. I am almost done with the venue, I hope. Next weekend, I am taking the fiance and my parents to see the place I liked and hopefully sign a contract. I am getting married 12/30 so I really had better get this nailed down. :wall:

I am so excited you for you! You are soo close. I am sure getting all the stuff ready will keep you really busy but I bet it will turn out beautiful. I definitely want to hear more about your dress. Had you tried it on and a store and then found a deal? Or is it a style you knew you wanted for awhile? I've been doing some dress shopping but it's been hard because tulle is really in now and I am much more of a satin type of lady.

I usually con my fiance into cooking me a nice dinner on Vday so I think we'll do that and exchange some chocolates and call it a day. We like the holiday but it's a nightmare to try to go out and do anything that day cause everyone else is out celebrating too.

I am sorry your fiance didn't get his tire ring. As I recall, you were pretty ambivalent about having a band at all right? I have looked at I swear, every band in the world. I think a vintage one would be best as the new ones just have a style clash with my ering. But I am making my fiance pick it out. I can't decide and I love all the jewelry he gives me because he picked out for me. And since he dodged a bullet on picking out my engagement ring, I think it's only fair. :naughty:

What do you still have left to do for the wedding? Are you and your fiancé getting really excited now?

I love that you're making your fiancé pick out your wedding band :razz: I should do the same with mine if we decide that I'm going to have one. We decide that I'm not going to have one, and then he thinks I should, and back and forth. I have two that I like that are similar to the one we had in the store just in case we decide to get one after all :razz:. He is just getting a plain titanium band but won't pick one. :roll: :wall: For someone who really doesn't want or need a lot of say in this wedding planning stuff, he sure does need and want a lot of say! haha!

I cooked for him on Valentine's day. Since our anniversary was the next day we kind of agreed that I'd cover Valentine's day and he'd cover our anniversary. They were two really really nice days :D What did he make for you? Did he do anything special since you're not just his GF anymore ;-)

My dress is kind of a long story lol. I had a dress that I bought because I loved it back in 2008. It was a simple vintage style calf length dress that is still really beautiful. However, I tried it on right after we got engaged and decided that it looks like a nightgown on me :razz: So I found another dress that I liked on Ebay. It was in my price range and I thought it was really pretty. Plus, I figured that if it came and I didn't like it that I could always resell it. Well, it's honestly the prettiest dress that I've ever seen let alone worn :) Plus, if there was ONE thing that I didn't want to do for my wedding it was go to into a bridal salon and have some saleswoman trying to sell me a dress I can't afford and trying to pressure me into "saying yes to the dress" like what happened when my sister got married lol. What kind of dresses are you trying on? The satin dresses sound beautiful! What kind of silhouette are you looking for? Are you going to wear a veil? How has your dress shopping experience been?

Ariadne_Theia

Shiny_Rock
Premium
What do the 2 bands you like look like? (I love ring pics all day long)

Aw, that's so sweet that you had two romantic days back to back! I hope you did something nice for your anniversary. We just had some rainbow pasta (which made it feel very fancy) and my fiance bought me the giant microbes "kissing disease" plush. Which was pretty amusing.

That's fantastic about your dress. It was clearly meant to be. I totally understand about tastes changing. What I wanted to wear for my wedding a couple years ago vs. now is very different. I've tried on maybe 15 dresses so far. I found one shop I really like so I've been concentrating there. I am definitely getting a ballgown which works with the fact that we've picked a hotel ballroom. I thought I wouldn't want to wear a veil but I feel more bridal when I have one on so I'll probably get one. Are you wearing one? Have you decided on any accessories? I have a dress that I tried on that I really like but not in that color so the shop is going to borrow a sample in the color I like so I can see it on. I have my fingers crossed that I like it.

All I've got done so far is asking the bridal party and picking a venue so I feel really behind but I think it will sort itself out.

lmcriss

Shiny_Rock
Ariadne_Theia|1487808466|4132357 said:
What do the 2 bands you like look like? (I love ring pics all day long)

Aw, that's so sweet that you had two romantic days back to back! I hope you did something nice for your anniversary. We just had some rainbow pasta (which made it feel very fancy) and my fiance bought me the giant microbes "kissing disease" plush. Which was pretty amusing.

That's fantastic about your dress. It was clearly meant to be. I totally understand about tastes changing. What I wanted to wear for my wedding a couple years ago vs. now is very different. I've tried on maybe 15 dresses so far. I found one shop I really like so I've been concentrating there. I am definitely getting a ballgown which works with the fact that we've picked a hotel ballroom. I thought I wouldn't want to wear a veil but I feel more bridal when I have one on so I'll probably get one. Are you wearing one? Have you decided on any accessories? I have a dress that I tried on that I really like but not in that color so the shop is going to borrow a sample in the color I like so I can see it on. I have my fingers crossed that I like it.

All I've got done so far is asking the bridal party and picking a venue so I feel really behind but I think it will sort itself out.

Oh! What color is the dress you're looking at??!!! I want to see what it looks like :D How on earth have you tried on 15 dresses without totally losing your mind?! The very idea of being inside a bridal boutique makes me break out into a sweat lol When will the boutique have the dress in? What kinds of veils do you like? I'm wearing my mom's :) It's going to be my "something old". I always used to play in it when I was growing up, and there wasn't anything that epitomized being a bride more than her veil so she's letting me have it :) It's a 2 tier (has a blusher) fingertip length with a rigid headpiece. The bottom tier is lined in lace. It's beautiful and I can't wait to wear it :D

I had to look up what a giant microbe kissing disease plush was and they're so CUTE!!! What's the story about them?

Tell me about your venue!!! I want to hear all about it!!! :D Have you thought about colors yet? Are you having your ceremony and reception at the same place?

Have you thought about your accessories yet? My boss picked up some GORGEOUS keshi pearls for my necklace and earrings. I'm still trying to figure out what kind of clasp I want on it. It's going to be my "something new" and somehow I"m going to incorporate Montana sapphires into my "something blue". I'll probably borrow something from the store for "something borrowed" :D

Have you looked into photographers/officiants yet? The officiant is our big headache now. We're less than 4 months out and we still need to find someone to marry us lol. The laws here are SUPER lenient on who can perform the ceremony and we were going to ask a friend of my fiance's. However, he's battling cancer and isn't doing well. Now we're trying to find someone, ANYONE lol.

Here are a couple of pictures of the bands that I like... We'll see how this whole ring thing goes :razz:
stuller1_0.jpg
stuller2.jpg

Has your fiance come through on a band for you yet?

Ariadne_Theia

Shiny_Rock
Premium
The engraving on those bands is so pretty! They look like they'd be great stand alone bands too.

Your mom's veil sounds beautiful. I think lace veils are so elegant. I am not sure how I survived so much dress trying on. I found a shop that I really love and the owner is super fantastic, no pressure so that's really helped. And I am picky. About pretty much everything so I am not surprised it's taken so long. The dress I am waiting for is a peach underlay with ivory lace. I've got my fingers crossed that it looks good. I tried it on in white/white and it was a little too marshmallow looking. :lol:

Oh the V-Day thing was because I've had mono many many times and my fiance is medical student and he thought it was funny. I think he wanted to be able to say "I gave Ariadne mono for Valentine's Day". He's a dork.

My venue is this downtown hotel. It's super cool with dark wood paneling on the walls and really high ceilings. We are getting married in the atrium and having the reception in the ballroom. We have decided to go with a NYE theme and do silver and gold and white. I am pretty excited about it.

I love the idea of your pearls and sapphires! You are so lucky to be able to borrow from the shop. :naughty: I wish I could do that too.
Oh yikes, the officiant struggle is real. I am sorry about your friend. It's super hard to just pick someone off the internet to do your ceremony. We've only just started looking for one for ours.

lmcriss

Shiny_Rock
Ariadne_Theia|1487883175|4132695 said:
The engraving on those bands is so pretty! They look like they'd be great stand alone bands too.

Your mom's veil sounds beautiful. I think lace veils are so elegant. I am not sure how I survived so much dress trying on. I found a shop that I really love and the owner is super fantastic, no pressure so that's really helped. And I am picky. About pretty much everything so I am not surprised it's taken so long. The dress I am waiting for is a peach underlay with ivory lace. I've got my fingers crossed that it looks good. I tried it on in white/white and it was a little too marshmallow looking. :lol:

Oh the V-Day thing was because I've had mono many many times and my fiance is medical student and he thought it was funny. I think he wanted to be able to say "I gave Ariadne mono for Valentine's Day". He's a dork.

My venue is this downtown hotel. It's super cool with dark wood paneling on the walls and really high ceilings. We are getting married in the atrium and having the reception in the ballroom. We have decided to go with a NYE theme and do silver and gold and white. I am pretty excited about it.

I love the idea of your pearls and sapphires! You are so lucky to be able to borrow from the shop. :naughty: I wish I could do that too.
Oh yikes, the officiant struggle is real. I am sorry about your friend. It's super hard to just pick someone off the internet to do your ceremony. We've only just started looking for one for ours.

Your dress sounds absolutely STUNNING!!! I want to see pics when you decide it's "the one" :D I'm also glad that you found a place that doesn't make you feel pressured. That's one of my worst nightmares and best way to lose my business forever. I swore after going into one store with my sister that I'd never step foot in another one and I haven't. How big of a ball gown is it? Have you given any thoughts about what to wear under it in regards to petticoats/crinolines? My dress is a little fuller than an A line but not as full as a full on ball gown so I've been trying to figure out what to wear under it so it's not dragging all over the campground and getting horribly dirty :razz:

I love the "I gave Ariadne mono for valentine's day" thing :razz: It's so cute especially coming from a med student :love: How have you had mono many times? I thought you could only get it once? That sucks I'm SO sorry! I had it one time my freshman year of college and UGH I can't imagine ever having it again... It was literally the most sick I have ever been and I didn't even have it to the extent that most people get it.....

I can't even get over your VENUE!!! I'm so glad that you found one and it sounds absolutely AMAZING!!! I love your theme and it just sounds like it's going to be SO BEAUTIFUL!!!! Have you seen the movie "Age of Adeline"? If you haven't, you need to. It's the BEST recent "girl" movie ever, has a phenomenal cast, and a lot of it centers around these big fancy new years eve parties :D. Your wedding sounds so GLAMOROUS! I hope you're not opposed to sharing pictures after it's all said and done ;-) I want to see how beautiful it turns out! Have you started going through catering and figuring out menus yet?

I know it kind of depends on your dress but have you thought about what kind of jewelry you're going to wear? Is your fiancé as excited about everything as you are?

Ariadne_Theia

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Have you gotten it hemmed? Or does it have a train? I am definitely going to have to get whatever dress I picked hemmed, I didn't think I was that short but I am tripping on all the fabric when I try them on. While I've tried on some of the big poofy ballgowns, I like the smaller ones so that I feel like I can fit through doorways. Though all the ones I've liked so far have had trains which means I'll have to figure out the extra step of bustling it at some point.

I wish you could only get mono once. I had it 4 times. It was truly awful. I haven't had it in years and years and I hope to never have it again.

Ooooh, I haven't seen that movie but I'll have to add it to my list! We have looked over the catering a little bit as it done through the hotel's restaurant but we don't have to decide anything until the summer. They have this great 3 course plated dinner so you get a salad, entree and a dessert and my fiance and I have sweet tooths, so we are excited to keep having dessert. :lol: What kind of food are you having? Have you gotten a cake or any dessert plans?

I think I'll probably end up wearing pearls. The dress I am thinking about is lace and to me lace and pearls just go together. I mean, I'm not above using the wedding to get more jewelry. :naughty: My fiance is not very excited. He's busy with school and party planning is not his forte so he is content to let me do all the wedding stuff. Have your fiance been involved in the planning?

lmcriss

Shiny_Rock
Ariadne_Theia|1488069815|4133682 said:
Have you gotten it hemmed? Or does it have a train? I am definitely going to have to get whatever dress I picked hemmed, I didn't think I was that short but I am tripping on all the fabric when I try them on. While I've tried on some of the big poofy ballgowns, I like the smaller ones so that I feel like I can fit through doorways. Though all the ones I've liked so far have had trains which means I'll have to figure out the extra step of bustling it at some point.

I wish you could only get mono once. I had it 4 times. It was truly awful. I haven't had it in years and years and I hope to never have it again.

Ooooh, I haven't seen that movie but I'll have to add it to my list! We have looked over the catering a little bit as it done through the hotel's restaurant but we don't have to decide anything until the summer. They have this great 3 course plated dinner so you get a salad, entree and a dessert and my fiance and I have sweet tooths, so we are excited to keep having dessert. :lol: What kind of food are you having? Have you gotten a cake or any dessert plans?

I think I'll probably end up wearing pearls. The dress I am thinking about is lace and to me lace and pearls just go together. I mean, I'm not above using the wedding to get more jewelry. :naughty: My fiance is not very excited. He's busy with school and party planning is not his forte so he is content to let me do all the wedding stuff. Have your fiance been involved in the planning?

Well, we got catering and the cake checked off the list this weekend! yay! :dance: We're doing a BBQ dinner (I have always wanted a big pig roast but we don't have enough guests to justify buying a whole pig ;-)) and we're doing a two tier white wine cake with this totally decadent buttercream frosting and having one layer as this phenomenal raspberry filling and the other layer is going to be lemon curd. My fiancé actually really enjoyed and had fun at the cake tasting so that was such a relief. Besides the cake, I'll probably put together a cheesecake and it's Western PA tradition to have an assorted cookie display on the cake table. So there will be LOTS of sweets! :love: :dance: We're meeting with an officiant on Saturday and hopefully we can take it easy and NOT do wedding stuff on Sunday. Your plated dinner sounds so elegant! What kinds of options do they give you for food? Have you thought about cake or anything yet?

When you buy your dress in a boutique like that do they give you any kind of discount on alterations? I was pretty lucky in that my dress came the right length. Actually it could be like an inch shorter if I wanted to make sure it doesn't touch the ground and get super dirty so I'd just have to wear something with a bit of a heel. I'm pretty lucky that my dress looks just as gorgeous with the train as it does bustled so all of the pictures of it will be gorgeous :D Did the dress you were looking at come in and did you get to try it on? I know what you mean about pearls, plus they're just so BRIDAL!!!! My mother wore my grandmother's pearls at her wedding, but another aunt got them when she passed away. I hope she appreciates them! What kind of pearls do you like? The ladies on the Pearls forum are SUPER knowledgeable and helpful when it comes to answering questions and making suggestions :D

I feel like I've been overwhelming him with wedding plans the last few weekends, so he's bee feeling kind of unenthusiastic and burned out on the whole thing. I get how your fiancé wouldn't be that into it. Being in school while doing planning sounds incredibly overwhelming. How have you been doing? Have you found a job and made some friends yet? Have you adjusted to your new city? How's the décor in your cute little apartment coming along?

I watched Age of Adeline the other night just because I started thinking about it. It's a really awesome story and it feels glamorous :D I may have exaggerated the new years eve parties a bit, they're not the center of the story line but they're part of it and they're beautiful :D I hope you like it!

Ariadne_Theia

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Oh my gosh. Your cake sounds soo good. I love the idea of multiple desserts. Because really, who wants to pick just one. I hope your officiant meeting goes well. I am sure you'd be happy to check that off the list!
We are probably going to go traditional wedding food, a chicken and beef and fish. That's not really our preference but our parents want it and they are contributing so as long as it takes good it's fine by us. We are going to probably do a little more fun food for the cocktail hour like mini tacos (we are from SoCal, lol). I am thinking about skipping the cake. Right now I want to do a stacked churro cake and maybe hire this cotton candy vendor to spin some cotton candy for the guests. We are probably too far out to pick anything though.

That's is so perfect that dress was the right length and everything. I am sure it's going to be gorgeous. I am still waiting on the sample to come in and I am so impatient. I would love to wear a triple strand of white/cream pearls because I love the look and I would love to wear them for other occasions too but I probably have to make sure it would work with the neckline. I am definitely in love with the idea of pearl drops for earrings. Do you have pics of your dress or veil? (That you can post without spoiling the surprise for your FI)

Wedding burn out is real. I feel like even I have been getting burned out and I adore weddings. I always think I won't bring up the wedding today but then I always do. Thankfully my fiance hasn't complained too much about it yet. I am trying to get into yoga and zumba because I could use a little more movement but wow do I suck at them both. I know I'll get better but I have to laugh at myself when I see myself trying to do it. We have decided to look for a new apartment when our lease is up this summer. Blegh to having to move everything again but we want to try living in a different area of the city. So if the wedding wasn't enough, we want to add apartment searching and moving again. How's life outside of wedding planning?

Ariadne_Theia

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Well, a lot has happened. The dress I was looking at the bridal store came in, and I didn't like it. They also had a dress that I thought I would never in million years wear but they convinced me to try it on and low and behold, it was the one. So I have a dress and veil and a headpiece.

The florist search took forever! Mostly because it was something my mother cared about and she kept changing her mind....and the budget. But we finally found a very nice lady who is set to make the flowers for the wedding.

Now I think I am supposed to be looking at invitations and stuff like that but I am putting it off. I get stressed when I try to do too much wedding stuff at one time.

Just thought I'd check in and see how things are going. :wavey:

lmcriss

Shiny_Rock
Hi! :wavey:

What's your dress look like? What about your veil? Sorry I haven't been on in forever, life has been so busy! What kind of flowers are you doing? OMG MY WEDDING IS IN 16 DAYS!!! What else have you gotten accomplished? Are you freaking out yet? There's soooo much to do and from what I read there's so little time to do it!:errrr:

Ariadne_Theia

Shiny_Rock
Premium
It's a beautiful champagne fit and flare dress. It has a ginormous train with roses. It's super ridiculous and I love it. I got a nice horsehair veil so it has the ribboning around the edges. I am planning on all white flowers with mostly roses and hydrangeas. I am trying to get the guest list finalized and the wedding website up and running. (Parking is a bear near the venue so we figured we needed a website so we could explain all the options)

Are you SO excited? What do you have left to do? What did you end up with for rings? It will be a beautiful wedding, I know.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results