shape
carat
color
clarity

New Julia Kay Taylor pieces, plus other rings.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/25/2009 2:47:44 PM
Author: shimmer
I agree, your pics are amazing and your collection is gorgeous! I just love the JKT ring, I seriously can not stop staring at it! She did amazing work. It''s one of my all time favourite rings
36.gif

Hey there OMC twin
35.gif

Wow, that''s a huge compliment, thankyou - although I do think our tastes are very similiar
2.gif

I agree, Julia does do amazing work - I wish her lots of success.
5.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/25/2009 9:49:10 PM
Author: Elegant
OMG - I have been waiting for pics of the 3 stone ring!

runaround1.gif

G - O - R - G - E - O - U - S!!!

Thank you for taking your time to give us these perfect shots!

I was also wondering what your JM ring looked like after having it for some time. Still looks great!

Hey Elegant,
ha ha yes, sorry I had no idea folks were waiting in the other thread - I hope it was worth it!
I can say confidently the JM looks just as nice as the day I received it.
1.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Cindy! That''s great news about the pendant - will you go with a key design too? I''m sure you''ll enjoy working with her.

Thankyou sillysweetie, you always have such nice things to say about my pieces. Cheers for your kind comments
5.gif

Hi Marian, thankyou for the compliments. I''m afraid I don''t really do anything special - I''ve just followed the good advice I''ve learned along the way here...I just sorta wander around until I find favourable lighting (usually in the morn or the early arvo is best, not so much when the sun''s at the top of the sky), than make a nice backdrop of flowers etc. and snap away. I''m pretty sure I just got lucky in that my camera has a good macro setting, lol..

Hey Gailey, thankyou lovey!

Aww, cheers Flygirl, they are very flattering comments, I appreciate it. Hopefully more to come, ha!
35.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/26/2009 11:37:25 AM
Author: gemgirl
AJ.... honey, you''re killing me!! When did you find that gorgeous 8.5mm tourmaline? I''m just dying for a beautiful pink tourmaline. Every time I check Barry''s inventory, the great stuff is already accounted for. Between Pinky and now this ring?........... ker thump!!!!!!! (that''s me keeling over) I love it, it''s gorgeous. I could never get enough of your gorgeous pinks.

OK, question- when you bought Pinky and now this stone, was the color represented on your computer monitor very close to their color when you received them? That''s what makes me hesitate somewhat in buying colored gems without seeing them in person first. They say everyone''s computer monitors are a little bit different, but I''m anxious to take the plunge!

Wear both of your pieces in good health. They''re beautiful. I love the key too with the sneaky little diamond on the bail
2.gif

hey there Gemgirl, how are you?
Firstly, thankyou for your kind comments, lol..
TBH, both Barry gem''s that I''ve bought have been pure coincidence - he has just seemed to have exactly what I wanted (already cut and hanging about), when I enquired! A lil while back someone bought one of these lovely peachy pink tourms from one of his drops, I emailed and luckily he had another ready to go.
I''ve actually never purchased anything on the monthly sales, and am kinda glad they are gone...between you and me..
2.gif

I can say that with pretty much all my gem purchases (about 10 now), the colours have been very true to the vendors photos - and always better IRL
5.gif

The cushion (or "pinky", lol), from Gene is pretty much exact to his photo - although in real viewing its nicer as it changes it''s tone alot and is very bright.

This peachy pink tourm from Barry was the first and only "tricky" stone I''ve had with regards to photos - the photos I''ve shown in this thread are very true to life of its colour, but this one is a real colour-shifter depending on lighting. When I first received it, it was showing up golden in pics ! Now that it''s bezeled though, I think the colour is even more improved.
I''ll attach Barry''s photo of it - imho, it''s very close, but the real deal is much prettier.
2.gif

So, in a very long winded answer - yes, you''re correct the computer monitor thing is a bit of a concern. But I think as long as you are purchasing from one of the cutters that have good reviews for representative photography, you''ll be fine.

hope that helps a lil, and thankyou again for the compliments!
35.gif

peach tourm1 BB AJ.JPG

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fantastic pics, aj!! Just gorgeous.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, aj, everything looks AMAZING! You know I love your taste and all of your rings are TO DIE FOR! I absolutely love the three stone with the 3 different colors stones! What a fantastic setting! I agree with you-she nailed that profile! Not to mention that great key necklace! And all those colors...I''m seriously drooling over here! Wear them in good health!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful collection. All look very elegant and. . .I''m not sure how to describe this, but look especially "finished," if you know what I mean. They have a quality of being impeccable. Oh, I''m not sure what I''m trying to say.

Congrats.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do you have a link to the garnet ring you have? The story behind that one?

lulu

Ideal_Rock
I''m not usually much for colored stones, but I love your bezel rings.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/28/2009 12:39:39 PM
Author: MC
Beautiful collection. All look very elegant and. . .I''m not sure how to describe this, but look especially ''finished,'' if you know what I mean. They have a quality of being impeccable. Oh, I''m not sure what I''m trying to say.

Congrats.

Hi MC - don''t worry, I know what you''re getting at, lol..thankyou!
You are correct though, the finish on my jewellery is very important to me.
Both the Julia and James M pieces have impeccable finish - but still with some
*very tiny* hints that you know they are totally handmade - I''ve really come to
appreciate that element
1.gif

Of course there is a thread on my garnet ring, ha ha..
here is the finished prouct with lotsa pics

and here is the original thread from when I got the stone - warning, it''s pretty long as there was mucho discussion.
5.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/28/2009 12:20:31 PM
Author: thing2of2
Wow, aj, everything looks AMAZING! You know I love your taste and all of your rings are TO DIE FOR! I absolutely love the three stone with the 3 different colors stones! What a fantastic setting! I agree with you-she nailed that profile! Not to mention that great key necklace! And all those colors...I''m seriously drooling over here! Wear them in good health!

Hiya Thing,
aw, thanks honey for the lovely comments - yep, I reckon Julia nailed the whole thing.
Infact, I''m hunting for a new stone just so as I can work with her again, lol..[:devil:
3.gif

Hey there Dandi, thankyou hon!
35.gif

Hi lulu - thankyou. Yeah, I used to be a solely diamond person too, before PS - but CS are fun and satiate that desire for a new project when you don''t have the $ for diamonds, lol..
I certainly don''t have anywhere near the kinda collections other PS''ers do, but I''m working on it
2.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
oh, btw Julia was sweet enough to feature my ring on her home page - http://www.juliakaytaylor.com/

(if the pics don''t show up at first, just refresh).
5.gif

honey22

Ideal_Rock
AJ, your new ring is simply gorgeous. Such clean fluid lines, and I am loving the yellow gold. Your whole collection is just lovely, you have great taste!!!!

HeartingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hey AJ,

Boy, girl you have been busy lately, haven''t you??
9.gif
9.gif

I love, love, LOVE the cut of the tourmaline - reminds of an OEC, as a matter of fact!!

The ring looks FAB - I think Julia did a phenomenal job!

Pretty soon, you are gonna need more fingers
31.gif
31.gif
(Hey, personally, I would have another digit or two added surgically than stop buying jewelry
9.gif
).

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/30/2009 12:00:03 AM
Author: HeartingDiamonds
Hey AJ,

Boy, girl you have been busy lately, haven''t you??
9.gif
9.gif

I love, love, LOVE the cut of the tourmaline - reminds of an OEC, as a matter of fact!!

The ring looks FAB - I think Julia did a phenomenal job!

Pretty soon, you are gonna need more fingers
31.gif
31.gif
(Hey, personally, I would have another digit or two added surgically than stop buying jewelry
9.gif
).

ha ha, hey there Grace! Long time no chat
35.gif

Thankyou for the comments on the ring - yep, me love Barry''s cuts...me buy more, have Julia make more pretty things
11.gif
9.gif
41.gif

No need for more fingers, just look like a crazy lady by wearing different jewels every day around ppl who don''t know/care for jewelery
3.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/29/2009 4:28:47 AM
Author: honey22
AJ, your new ring is simply gorgeous. Such clean fluid lines, and I am loving the yellow gold. Your whole collection is just lovely, you have great taste!!!!

hello honey! How ya been?
Cheers hon for the compliments
13.gif

litebrite

Shiny_Rock
Arjuna, you take some of the loveliest photos on PS. I wish I could take photos a quarter as good as yours. And of course some really gorgeous pieces - Julia did a great job with the 3 stone.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/31/2009 2:34:27 PM
Author: litebrite
Arjuna, you take some of the loveliest photos on PS. I wish I could take photos a quarter as good as yours. And of course some really gorgeous pieces - Julia did a great job with the 3 stone.
ditto, such lovely photography that Julia posted your pics on her website
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results