shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT New IDJ 5.5ct cushion!

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know about anyone else, here, but the LAST thing I'd be worried about is what my friends think....lol!! I'd have absolutely no problem wearing that beauty to work...or anywhere, for that matter!! It's beautiful & there is no such thing as "too big"!!! I love it!! Your friends (if they're really your friends) will love it & support your decision! They don't have to wear it (what a shame), and if you love it, and your DH is good with it, then life is good!!!
Congrats on a beautiful upgrade! Wear it in good health & try not to blind anyone, this summer!!! ;-) :lol:
CRM

pommom

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for being so supportive!!! I do adore it and am very lucky to have the ability to do this - and my hubby's support in my decision!!!

Skhii

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations on your major upgrade! I love the openness of your setting! Is it a custom setting, and do you have any pictures of the gallery side to share? What's your ring size? Thank you for sharing!

pommom

Rough_Rock
Hi there! Yekutiel of ID Jewelry had this setting ready made (to support a larger stone). I think it may be similar to the Tiffany Novo setting, and I asked him to make double prongs out of the sides which were initially single prong. (I'm on my phone mid-air so sorry for any redundant image uploads!)

Congratulations on your major upgrade! I love the openness of your setting! Is it a custom setting, and do you have any pictures of the gallery side to share? What's your ring size? Thank you for sharing!

IMG_9581.PNG

IMG_9556.JPG

aac2013

Shiny_Rock
W:love:W. Enjoy, it look fabulous on you hand.

Madison2

Brilliant_Rock
I have been busy and not much time to play and look at all the lovely rings on PS.
But tonight I had some down time after work and well your post did it for me! What a pleasure to come on this board and find this gorgeous ring on your finger and it looks really stunning! The diamond Yekutiel chose for you is breathtaking! I am a lover of cushion diamonds so I really love your diamond.
Yektutiel did a great job upgrading your stone. Its magnificent and classy at the same time.
Wear it in good health and don't worry about what the girls in the office think. I know how you feel because every time I wear one of my diamond rings the girls in my office just stare and I love it. I wear my rings proudly and so should you.
All the best and may you have many more years of happiness with your husband and this gorgeous diamond.
Well Done!
:appl:

Last edited:

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a breathtaking ring pommom!
Please post more pictures when you land!
Safe travels

pommom

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the kind words!! Madison - I have been flipping my stone inside in the office, although I work with a bunch of dudes so hopefully they're oblivious! You're right though: I should just get over it. I'm home with my parents this weekend and they asked what kind of stone it was b/c they couldn't believe the size. And best of all Yekutiel found it for a total steal!!! I'll be shameless here and post a few more pics ;-)

IMG_9594.JPG

IMG_9598.JPG

IMG_9602.JPG

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOAH!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's really BIG! I love the setting!

Roi

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your huge upgrade! The ring looks great on you! It is such a pleasure to watch beautiful rings :appl::love::appl::love:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just looking again. It looks great on you. Don't worry about what others think. I would wear it wherever I felt safe. Enjoy it as much and as often as you can.

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is a truly beautiful diamond and the perfect simple but elegant setting for it (great call on the double-prongs!). Congratulations!!! And isn't Yekutiel just a doll? Just hearing his voice makes me smile :))

I do understand what you mean about your concern for safety and what others think. When you have a diamond that large, it's smart to be aware. Just be careful. And when you're out to make purchases that you want to haggle on, leave it at home :lol:.

pommom

Rough_Rock
Thanks ladies!! Yes Yekutiel is great - he is such a master of finding amazing deals - I spent far less per carat on this than I did on my 2 carat (even though it's way bigger!).

I have definitely been more alert when out with this ring, but if anyone asks I'm definitely going to say it's a fake.

IMG_9655.JPG

IMG_9662.JPG

IMG_9657.JPG

pommom

Rough_Rock
Thanks!!! I'm so bad at taking photos of my diamond with one hand. I'd do a flower shot but I just finished killing my orchid which is a tall order in and of itself... :(

pommom

Rough_Rock
Ok a couple more!!!! I haven't really told anyone in real life about this except my parents who saw it this weekend so I guess I'm just going to use the internet as my outlet valve <3

IMG_9679.JPG

IMG_9680.JPG

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh, don't worry about it being too much ;-)

You definitely can handle it!

Blingalingaling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love everything about your new ring!!! The spread is fantastic! Can you share the specs on your stone? Is it GIA certed? What is the depth? It's absolutely gorgeous on you! What size is your finger?
Wear it in good health and enjoy every minute of it! :love:

pommom

Rough_Rock
You guys are all so sweet and supportive! I had a nightmare that I had to return it and I woke up super stressed.

My finger shrank to a size four since my original e-ring... I'm not sure how that happened because I've definitely gained weight since my wedding!

It is AGS certified.

Here are the specs: http://www.agslab.com/reportTypes/gdqrnc.php?StoneID=104087331001&Weight=5.51&D=1.

Shape and Style: Cushion Modified Brilliant
Measurements: 10.56 x 10.29 x 6.67 mm
Color Grade: J
Clarity Grade: SI1
Carat Weight 5.516
Fluorescence: Negligible
Comments: Additional clouds are not shown.

Polish: Ideal
Symmetry: Ideal
Table: 64.7%
Crown Angle: 31.0
Crown Height: 10.4%
Girdle: Faceted, 2.7% to 6.3%
Girdle Description:
Pavilion Angle: 39.2
Pavilion Depth: 51.2%
Star Length: 0%
Lower Girdle Length: 0%
Total Depth: 64.8%
Culet: Pointed

Blingalingaling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you for sharing your specs with us, Pommom! Someday, I'd like to have a stone like yours! I hope you are enjoying it and showing that baby off! It is truly amazing and I love the way you have it set!:appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results