shape
carat
color
clarity

New - Help Review This Diamond

RitaVora

Rough_Rock
This is my first time buying a diamond online from Blue Nile. I've done a lot of research and good light performance is important to me. I would like your input on this one diamond. The bank wire price is $20, 871.17 for a 1.72 carat round diamond. Can you please let me know what you think or your recommendations?

Here are the specifications:

Price Per Carat: $12,319
Carat Weight: 1.72
Shape: Round
Cut: Ideal
Color: E
Clarity: VVS2
Length/Width Ratio: 1.01
Depth %: 62.0%
Table %: 57.0%
Crown Angle: 34.5
Pavilion Angle: 40.6

Star Length: 50%
Crown Height: 14.5%
Pavilion Depth: 43%
Lower Girdle/Half Facet Length: 80%

Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Girdle: Slightly Thick (faceted) 4.5%
Culet: None
Fluorescence: Faint
Measurements: 7.61 x 7.67 x 4.74 mm

Your advice is very appreciated! Thank you!

bmfang

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The numbers for this stone look half decent. Only thing i’m Not too happy about is the slightly thick girdle all the way around. The video on the BN listing also looks half decent as well. Not sure if BN will be able to get the vendor to provide an Idealscope image or not however.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know these proportions individually meet the parameters recommended. That said I'd like to see the crown/pavilion angle combo be something more complimentary. Maybe a 35/40.6, 34.5/40.7 or 34.5/40.8.

Remember there are 8 crown and pavilion angles in a round diamond. GiA averages those and then rounds the crown to the nearest 0.5 degrees and the pavilion to the nearest 0.2 degrees.

That said pavilion depth is reported as 43% as opposed to 42.5% so perhaps the pavilions are all 40.6 or slightly better.

I'd like to see an idealscope or ASET image before committing but believe it has potential. See if BN will provide images.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is there a cultural reason for such high clarity and color? Or are you willing to see options that are G/VS and larger? Just trying to understand your preferences so we can point you in the right direction.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I know these proportions individually meet the parameters recommended. That said I'd like to see the crown/pavilion angle combo be something more complimentary. Maybe a 35/40.6, 34.5/40.7 or 34.5/40.8.
Read up on Garry's BIC designation in hca.
Agree on the rest of your comments.

Potentially favoring brightness with nice fire in the right lighting and if it had a smaller girdle very nice spread but the girdle makes it a bit smaller.
But,
The gia rounding may be hiding issues so more info would be needed as sledge said.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results