shape
carat
color
clarity

New EVS Designs Ring and The Proposal (w/ Pics)

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s beautiful, so simple and elegant, congratulations!

babs23r

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for the kind words. :)

If you're interested in EVS but are considering an in-house diamond, then it would definitely still be worth it to inquire with EVS. He can accommodate stones from other vendors, and his prices for custom will likely be much less than what most other in-house diamond supplier will quote you for the setting. :) My post above was just meant to outline the options available if you decide to go that route.

Everyone's situation is different, and it is certainly not a bad option to send the diamond directly to the designer if you're sure of your choice. But unless your situation necessitates sending the diamond directly to the designer, I still think it would be best to view the diamond in person prior to committing to setting it. The main reason is because no two diamonds are exactly alike. Two diamonds that are nearly identical on paper can still look vastly different in person. Heck, in the past few months we've seen so many posts comparing the SuperIdeal lines (Brian Gavin Signature/Black vs WF ACA vs CBI), with many people seeming to prefer one brand over the others, that it just seems prudent to view them prior to committing. Even within the same lines, there could be a wide variation in the appearance of the diamonds depending on the geometry. I think the one exception would be CBIs, as I've noticed they cut within an extremely narrow range of angles and would likely be the most "consistent" in their appearance. For both BG and WF, their CAs, PAs, tables, etc. span the entire ranges of what most on this site consider ideal, and you may prefer one geometrical configuration to the other (lower/higher crown, larger/smaller table, etc.).

All of the in-house SuperIdeal vendors offer excellent in-home viewing/return options (like HPDs See it to believe it program for CBIs), so it makes sense to take advantage of such programs if you're paying a premium for an in-house stone.
Thank you for some great informative information. This is why PS is a wonderful forum. Good people, good advice! Congrats on this new chapter in your life!!!! :appl:

Bling_of_Fire

Rough_Rock
Thank you for the kind words. :)

If you're interested in EVS but are considering an in-house diamond, then it would definitely still be worth it to inquire with EVS. He can accommodate stones from other vendors, and his prices for custom will likely be much less than what most other in-house diamond supplier will quote you for the setting. :) My post above was just meant to outline the options available if you decide to go that route.

Everyone's situation is different, and it is certainly not a bad option to send the diamond directly to the designer if you're sure of your choice. But unless your situation necessitates sending the diamond directly to the designer, I still think it would be best to view the diamond in person prior to committing to setting it. The main reason is because no two diamonds are exactly alike. Two diamonds that are nearly identical on paper can still look vastly different in person. Heck, in the past few months we've seen so many posts comparing the SuperIdeal lines (Brian Gavin Signature/Black vs WF ACA vs CBI), with many people seeming to prefer one brand over the others, that it just seems prudent to view them prior to committing. Even within the same lines, there could be a wide variation in the appearance of the diamonds depending on the geometry. I think the one exception would be CBIs, as I've noticed they cut within an extremely narrow range of angles and would likely be the most "consistent" in their appearance. For both BG and WF, their CAs, PAs, tables, etc. span the entire ranges of what most on this site consider ideal, and you may prefer one geometrical configuration to the other (lower/higher crown, larger/smaller table, etc.).

All of the in-house SuperIdeal vendors offer excellent in-home viewing/return options (like HPDs See it to believe it program for CBIs), so it makes sense to take advantage of such programs if you're paying a premium for an in-house stone.

Old thread but I am working with Eric now. I am a bit nervous because he's not mentioned at all on PS with the exception of your post; I found him because on Etsy he has a shop and the halos in some of his rings have the type of shared prong design I'm looking for. And DK didn't write back lol. Anyway the cads look great so I'm set to approve, but was worried as there are good google reviews and such but nothing on PS. Glad to see that you liked his work and your fiance's (now wife I am assuming) ring is beautiful!!!!

TreeScientist

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Old thread but I am working with Eric now. I am a bit nervous because he's not mentioned at all on PS with the exception of your post; I found him because on Etsy he has a shop and the halos in some of his rings have the type of shared prong design I'm looking for. And DK didn't write back lol. Anyway the cads look great so I'm set to approve, but was worried as there are good google reviews and such but nothing on PS. Glad to see that you liked his work and your fiance's (now wife I am assuming) ring is beautiful!!!!

Glad to hear you've found Eric. You have absolutely nothing to worry about. He is one of the most patient and thorough vendors I've worked with in any industry, and his bench does flawless work.

Just remember: Pricescope is not the be-all and end-all of gemstones and jewelry. It's a great place to gather information and recommendations when you're new to gemology, but it's also not an exhaustive source of knowledge. Like most forums, it has a tendency towards becoming an echo chamber, where a few very active posters continually proselytize about their favorite vendors. Of course, there's absolutely nothing wrong with this, and the "PS favorite" vendors are no doubt excellent... But constraining yourself to only the "PS favorite" vendors will mean you're missing out on a lot of other great gemologists/jewelers who are not parroted on this site.

And yes, my (now) wife still loves her ring. We've had a few other pieces made by Eric as well since this original post, and everything has been flawless. He'll be our one and only jeweler until he retires... which hopefully won't be for a long time. We still have a few other things we would like to have made in a few years. :)

Bling_of_Fire

Rough_Rock
Glad to hear you've found Eric. You have absolutely nothing to worry about. He is one of the most patient and thorough vendors I've worked with in any industry, and his bench does flawless work.

Just remember: Pricescope is not the be-all and end-all of gemstones and jewelry. It's a great place to gather information and recommendations when you're new to gemology, but it's also not an exhaustive source of knowledge. Like most forums, it has a tendency towards becoming an echo chamber, where a few very active posters continually proselytize about their favorite vendors. Of course, there's absolutely nothing wrong with this, and the "PS favorite" vendors are no doubt excellent... But constraining yourself to only the "PS favorite" vendors will mean you're missing out on a lot of other great gemologists/jewelers who are not parroted on this site.

And yes, my (now) wife still loves her ring. We've had a few other pieces made by Eric as well since this original post, and everything has been flawless. He'll be our one and only jeweler until he retires... which hopefully won't be for a long time. We still have a few other things we would like to have made in a few years. :)

Awesome! I’ll be sure to show you my finished product when it’s done!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results