shape
carat
color
clarity

New Drop at AC Stones

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Barry just put up his January drop on Artistic Colored Stones. Link

Lots of lovely garnets are included.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/1/2009 12:39:09 PM
Author: akmiss
I made my first colored stone purchase! Planning on starting the New Year right (everyone knows that the colored stone gals are the most fun....)
2.gif
Excellent choice, akmiss! You will be thrilled with it.
1.gif

And, we are great fun!
2.gif

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/1/2009 12:39:09 PM
Author: akmiss
I made my first colored stone purchase! Planning on starting the New Year right (everyone knows that the colored stone gals are the most fun....)
2.gif

I am VERY excited! Here is my stone.
www.acstones.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=139&idproduct=2605

LOL........ I think us colored stone gals are quite "colorful" indeed!

What a beautiful choice! He really does have some beautiful stones. I may have to invest in one in the New Year..!!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When you buy a stone from him, does the website automatically show it''s sold after you checkout and pay? I know that when I''ve bought stones from other sites, it doesn''t show it''s sold right away, and I''ve lost out on gems that way.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/1/2009 12:54:08 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
When you buy a stone from him, does the website automatically show it's sold after you checkout and pay? I know that when I've bought stones from other sites, it doesn't show it's sold right away, and I've lost out on gems that way.
Yes, it shows as sold right after you checkout and pay for it. Several are already sold this morning, including a couple of the garnet cabs that I purchased.
3.gif

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/1/2009 1:00:02 PM
Author: Fly Girl

Date: 1/1/2009 12:54:08 PM
When you buy a stone from him, does the website automatically show it''s sold after you checkout and pay? I know that when I''ve bought stones from other sites, it doesn''t show it''s sold right away, and I''ve lost out on gems that way.
Yes, it shows as sold right after you checkout and pay for it. Several are already sold this morning, including a couple of the garnet cabs that I purchased.
3.gif
I was admiring those cabs
1.gif

They are fabulous! I am glad you got them!

Thanks to Coati, I was looking at James Meyer''s wedsite and he has some amazing bezel set cabs!

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
He has some lovely garnets!!!

Congrats on some lovely purchases ladies!

A couple small stones are headed my way as well, for bezel stack rings :)

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! And wow, I woke up and got on the internet way too late to catch any of these great finds!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just curious, how are his pictures next to his stones? I know Dan Stairs pics are usually lighter than the stones, but are his darker, lighter, exact? It looks like many of them are very dark, but I''m not sure.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Ooh - that garnet looks like such a yummy raspberry color, akmiss - just gorgeous
30.gif

I''m not surprised someone snatched up that tsavorite already - I was kind of eying it and thinking it would make a lovely bezel-set pendant...

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
About every stone I clicked on was already sold! Oh, well!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/1/2009 2:11:18 PM
Just curious, how are his pictures next to his stones? I know Dan Stairs pics are usually lighter than the stones, but are his darker, lighter, exact? It looks like many of them are very dark, but I''m not sure.

I''ve found his pictures to be fairly accurate. Here is his description and photo of a little blue sapphire that I purchased last month. I think it looks a bit dark in his photo.

S-1762 Sapphire(J) .65ct. 5.2x4.4 Supernova oval[Gec]This little sapphire has a pure blue color and is ideal for a small ring. I cut it from a well shaped crystal in a parcel from Burma and perhaps it was too small to attract anyone''s attention.Flawless at 10x too! BB

s-1762g_909_general1.jpg

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/1/2009 2:29:05 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
About every stone I clicked on was already sold! Oh, well!
I was up at 8AM Alaska time just to get a look. In previous drops, I always missed out by a matter of minutes
15.gif

It would be nice if there was more than one drop a month.....

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
And here is my photo of the blue sapphire. I think it is a bit too dark to bezel set for a stacking ring. I''m still thinking about that project. I may yet go ahead with it, and just enjoy the flash of blue when the light hits the stone.

IMG4845sapcrop1.JPG

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/1/2009 1:50:40 PM
Author: stepcutnut
He has some lovely garnets!!!

Congrats on some lovely purchases ladies!

A couple small stones are headed my way as well, for bezel stack rings :)
Awesome!
1.gif
Which stones did you pick, stepcutnut?

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I got a couple, I was post call so I took a 5 minute break. I have officially started my stacking ring project. What do you guys think of these?

spinel

tourmaline

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
TL - I can''t speak for BB (at least until later this week), but when Barbara owned the site, I was very impressed how close my tsavorite was to the photograph.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/1/2009 3:15:11 PM
Author: LtlFirecracker
I got a couple, I was post call so I took a 5 minute break. I have officially started my stacking ring project. What do you guys think of these?

spinel

tourmaline
I think those are adorable, LFC! Can''t go wrong with the price of that little spinel and the awesome cut. The colors will go well together, too.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Thanks flygirl, thanks for putting up a pic of that sapphire. That stone was my motivation to get on the site this morning. It is dark, but very pretty. It still might work in a bezel setting.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/1/2009 3:24:49 PM
Thanks flygirl, thanks for putting up a pic of that sapphire. That stone was my motivation to get on the site this morning. It is dark, but very pretty. It still might work in a bezel setting.
So glad to hear that sapphire was your motivator. After I purchased it I exchanged a couple of e-mails with Barry last month, and told him that stacking rings were hot right now, and smaller stones had a market.
2.gif

I'm thinking of putting my blue sapphire into a half bezel stacker, to allow more light to the stone. I could stack it with my ruby half-bezel stacker (photo attached), and maybe add my diamond solitaire, and have a patriotic red/white/blue look.
1.gif

ETA-Thank you, coati!

RubyProf3929a.JPG

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
ooo FG--I vote half bezel stacker--cool!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Flygirl - I love that idea, I think that setting would be perfect for your sapphire.

I saw in his newsletter that he would have smaller stones, I am glad that he was clued in :). It was a nice way to end a long shift with no restaurants open in the hospital (I had to mooch for dinner off the other resident and didn't have my coffee this morning). And I spent less than a night on the town.

ETA: Where do you get your settings????

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/1/2009 4:06:04 PM
Flygirl - I love that idea, I think that setting would be perfect for your sapphire.

I saw in his newsletter that he would have smaller stones, I am glad that he was clued in :). It was a nice way to end a long shift with no restaurants open in the hospital (I had to mooch for dinner off the other resident and didn't have my coffee this morning). And I spent less than a night on the town.

ETA: Where do you get your settings????
LTC - I used the same jeweler to set my ruby as I did for this garnet ring. Link

Coati - Glad you like the idea. Setting the sapphire is definitely on my list of projects for 2009.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
FG: I just saw those Cabs on his website
30.gif
They were to die for. I can''t wait to see how you will set them. The colors are gorgeous. I love them. I am so happy you bought them

Linda

dancingflame

Shiny_Rock
Love the square cushion Malaya!! Must... not... give... in...
23.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/1/2009 5:20:50 PM
Author: dancingflame
Love the square cushion Malaya!! Must... not... give... in...
23.gif
That''s the one I wanted, but I''ve decided I have enough gemstones, and I should probably work on setting the ones I have. That one rocks! You should get it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results