shape
carat
color
clarity

New Drop at AC Stones

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is the website down??? I want gemstones!! LOL.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, no! Did we crash it?!?!?!?

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
On the malaya garnet cushion, do you think the right side is cut the same as the left? What does the BB at the end of the description mean?

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/1/2009 6:25:02 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
Oh, no! Did we crash it?!?!?!?

For Mac users, it seems to work on Safari but not on Firefox

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/1/2009 6:40:57 PM
Author: cinnamon013
On the malaya garnet cushion, do you think the right side is cut the same as the left? What does the BB at the end of the description mean?
Ok, I figured it out - it''s the initials of who cut the stone.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/1/2009 6:16:34 PM
Author: Gypsy
Is the website down??? I want gemstones!! LOL.
The website is up for me.

Good luck, Gypsy!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay so... I think you all got the jump on those. Everything I clicked on was sold. Whoever got that Cab Chrome Diopside is a lucky gal. Okay... so next month. :)

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Gypsy,
This one is still available. What do you think? I like it, but hubby is at work so I can''t show it to him.... It''s one of the few left.

GA-1880 Malaya Garnet
SKU: GA-1880

GA-1880 Malaya Garnet(J) 2.47 ct., 7.3mm square cushion[Gec]. This Tanzanian malaya is a medium/dark orangish red and is flawless at 10x. BB

Price: $162.00

ga-1880g_1479_general.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi cin, for you? 7.3 is a nice size. Very pretty... my only concern is that it might be too dark. It''s a beautiful cut though, and would look really lovely for anyone looking for a great deep red stone. I''d go for it!

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
I have a spinel I ordered off ebay that is too dark as well. However, I think a good cut adds the life and the spinel I have did not do that. I''m still looking!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Okay, who took the Burmese spinel? That was gorgeous (and CHEAP)!

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
*sigh*

Yeah, I noticed last night too that so much is already sold. Wish I had more money!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/2/2009 2:29:00 PM
Author: Jelly
*sigh*

Yeah, I noticed last night too that so much is already sold. Wish I had more money!
Amen.
25.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/2/2009 2:15:03 PM
Author: princesss
Okay, who took the Burmese spinel? That was gorgeous (and CHEAP)!
I''m guessing that it is one of the ones that stepcutnut nabbed.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I just looked. It was LtlFirecracker!

I can''t wait to see what you do with it!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/2/2009 4:32:30 PM

I can''t wait to see what you do with it!
You''re right. Wonder which ones stepcutnut got?

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/2/2009 4:32:30 PM

I can't wait to see what you do with it!

:)

He sent it out today, I am excited.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
buying the big amethyst! It''ll be set in an LOGR for my mom

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Back again, didn't have internet for awhile!

I bought the small round Tsav, blue sapphire and hot pink spinel...but there was some issue when I paid and I had to go back and redo the order 10 minutes later and thought all went well and Barry emailed and said somehow that someone bought the spinel when I was redoing my order again---agrh, kind of stinks and makes me a little mad since the issue was on the websites end and I also paid for it!!! I was going to use all 3 stones together in stack rings, so now I will have to see if I can find another stone that can hold its own with the Tsav and Sapphire! Or return the other 2!!!

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/3/2009 12:08:33 AM
Author: stepcutnut
Back again, didn''t have internet for awhile!

I bought the small round Tsav, blue sapphire and hot pink spinel...but there was some issue when I paid and I had to go back and redo the order 10 minutes later and thought all went well and Barry emailed and said somehow that someone bought the spinel when I was redoing my order again---agrh, kind of stinks and makes me a little mad since the issue was on the websites end and I also paid for it!!! I was going to use all 3 stones together in stack rings, so now I will have to see if I can find another stone that can hold its own with the Tsav and Sapphire! Or return the other 2!!!
Oh the Tsav and the sapphire are pretty! Too bad about the spinel. I would love to see the photos of the two you get.

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/3/2009 12:12:37 AM

Back again, didn't have internet for awhile!

Oh the Tsav and the sapphire are pretty! Too bad about the spinel. I would love to see the photos of the two you get.

Barry said Monday or Tuesday for those two stones to be sent out, I will try and snap some pics. I'm kind of peeved, so they may not be staying.

I was planning on setting the Tsav in YG, the Sapphire in WG and the Spinel in RG bezel stack rings, so now the projects kind of shot to heck!!! I need a small round that I can set in RG, haven't come up with one yet!

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/3/2009 12:16:35 AM

Barry said Monday or Tuesday for those two stones to be sent out, I will try and snap some pics. I'm kind of peeved, so they may not be staying.

I was planning on setting the Tsav in YG, the Sapphire in WG and the Spinel in RG bezel stack rings, so now the projects kind of shot to heck!!! I need a small round that I can set in RG, haven't come up with one yet!
Oh that would be too bad not to keep them. I'll take them if you don't decide to keep them! Or you could just have him cut a third stone for you in the right size and color.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Stepcutnut,

I am sorry about the spinal. I was tempted by that stone. I put it in my cart, but than decided not to buy it (for budget reasons) and took it out. Hope that did not cause any problems :(. That was a beautiful stone. But the sapphire and tsaviorite are beautiful as well. I hope whatever you decide works out.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/3/2009 12:16:35 AM

Date: 1/3/2009 12:12:37 AM

Back again, didn''t have internet for awhile!

Barry said Monday or Tuesday for those two stones to be sent out, I will try and snap some pics. I''m kind of peeved, so they may not be staying.

I was planning on setting the Tsav in YG, the Sapphire in WG and the Spinel in RG bezel stack rings, so now the projects kind of shot to heck!!! I need a small round that I can set in RG, haven''t come up with one yet!
Barry may yet come up with one for you. Another possibility is a 4 mm royal rhodolite garnet from Rick at Artcutgems. I spent a few days this week playing around with them for a future project, and while they do vary a bit, some of them have a great pink sparkle. Here are some that I was considering. Prices are VERY reasonable.

4mms4828.JPG

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Got my stones. The spinel is great. Love it. The tourmiline is ok. Great cut, picks up some gray at some angles. But for the price, I am keeping it. I am super busy over the next few days, so won''t be able to do pics for awhile. But I hope you all get yours soon. Oh, I also got a 4 prong pick up, I thought that was nice.

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
My Tanga garnet arrived today also! The cut and size are perfect but I am wondering if the stone is too dark? This is my first colored stone purchase so I am not really sure. In bright light it looks terrific and flashy but in low light it is very subdued and is almost a dark grape color. I love it all the same and plan on getting a better idea of the stone''s performance tomorrow. I would love to post pics but my photos are dreadful and I left my camera at a friend''s house over the holidays
27.gif

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Glad to hear that a few of you have received your stones and like them :)

Mine will be a few more days, but that's fine. I think I found a winner for the 3rd stone for stack rings...

May set all in WG, but I am still leaning towards setting the Tsav in YG, Sapphire in WG and now the Tourmaline in RG---I have seen this combo(teal stone set in RG) and really liked the combo, will have to wait until the stones arrive to say for sure.

I think Barry may be cutting my stones for the pave 3 stone setting as well, we'll see if I can make up my mind on stone/color combo.

3 rounds for stack rings.jpg

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
very pretty color combo!

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/6/2009 9:38:51 AM
Author: LtlFirecracker
very pretty color combo!

Thanks, I hope I love all the stones in person and that non of them are too dark! :)

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/6/2009 9:22:46 AM
Glad to hear that a few of you have received your stones and like them :)

Mine will be a few more days, but that''s fine. I think I found a winner for the 3rd stone for stack rings...

May set all in WG, but I am still leaning towards setting the Tsav in YG, Sapphire in WG and now the Tourmaline in RG---I have seen this combo(teal stone set in RG) and really liked the combo, will have to wait until the stones arrive to say for sure.

I think Barry may be cutting my stones for the pave 3 stone setting as well, we''ll see if I can make up my mind on stone/color combo.
Yea, stepcutnut on finding a third stone. Hope you love it!

I picked up my three garnets this morning. The two cabs are going to need a nice shiny bright backing to bring out the color best. They both have a lovely almost cat''s eye effect as you turn them in the light, which I love. I got the 5 mm mandarin spess, and it is a little orange sparkler. Very attactive stone.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results