shape
carat
color
clarity

New babies!

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kevin is doing great!!! She moved out of the nest box and into the coop today with the babies for a while and ate and drank which was a relief. I didn't see her do that during the day so I was wondering if she was getting enough food.

I washed miss pasty butt and Kevin was a little anxious but soon realized I wasn't gonna hurt her chick. She's so gentle with them, it's adorable. I got a cute little pic this afternoon!!!

IMG_4074.JPG

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So adorable!! Love your updates!

Q

Queenie60

great thread! Thank you for sharing your lovely pets and what a great coop!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is one of the sweetest threads ever. Thank you Soxfan for sharing your babies and their momma with all of us here.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Freakin adorable!

simurgh

Rough_Rock
This thread is awesome on many levels ... thank you so much for sharing!

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So cute!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wanna baby pig.
SO says, "NO WAY!"

Last edited:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I puffy HEART this thread!! Cuteness overload!!:love::love::love:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sooo happy for Kevin and the baby chicks!

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone! I am so tickled that you love my babies as much as I do. New updates and pics! Moved Kevin and babies into the run today. It's going to be very hot through the weekend so it will be fine. I put a nest box in the corner but she HAD to choose the other corner. :wall::wall::wall::wall:Hubby is on way to petco to get a nice large cat igloo for them to hunker down in! So they are now in the run area. The other chickens including my rooster are TERRIFIED of chicks and mom, so no one is gonna mess with them. :lol: They can now scratch for their food like they would outside and Momma can get some adult layer feed and poop in peace!!!

My buffs waiting for me to open the garage and give them treats:roll

IMG_4079.JPG

The set up and you can see why I'm annoyed why she set up there. My son and I both had to take a shower after laying everything under there AND having to put shavings in the corner!:lol:

IMG_4092.JPG
IMG_4088.JPG

And a video of Kevin teaching babies to peck and scratch for their food:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love::love::love: Omg SO adorable!!! Too funny that everyone is afraid of momma and the chicks! Wow, you take great care of your roosters and chickens soxfan, they all look so healthy and...well, beautiful! Thank you for sharing this, such a day brightener :appl:

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love::love::love: Omg SO adorable!!! Too funny that everyone is afraid of momma and the chicks! Wow, you take great care of your roosters and chickens soxfan, they all look so healthy and...well, beautiful! Thank you for sharing this, such a day brightener :appl:

The only one I was really worried about was rooster. He heard them peeping and hopped up to investigate. I have never heard the noise Kevin made when he did. His eyes got huge and he almost fell over backwards trying to get out of there. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

My neighbors checked on them yesterday and told me that the rooster was making a LOT of noise and insisted on perching right next to the coop when they checked on mom and babies. He was protecting them. He's a good rooster!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your coop is a mansion! I love it! I see in the pics of your chickens that they must get to be out during the day? Mine were out all day but had to be in at night because we have coyotes that are very bold after dark.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your coop is a mansion! I love it! I see in the pics of your chickens that they must get to be out during the day? Mine were out all day but had to be in at night because we have coyotes that are very bold after dark.

Yes, they free range all day and come into the coop at night:)

katharath

Ideal_Rock

I was also thinking how robust and beautiful they all look - just blooming with health and well being. It's lovely to see. Quite obvious that you take excellent care of them!
(And of course I love the name Kevin, lol - oh I love that movie so much!!).

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The only one I was really worried about was rooster. He heard them peeping and hopped up to investigate. I have never heard the noise Kevin made when he did. His eyes got huge and he almost fell over backwards trying to get out of there. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

My neighbors checked on them yesterday and told me that the rooster was making a LOT of noise and insisted on perching right next to the coop when they checked on mom and babies. He was protecting them. He's a good rooster!

I feel like that could be said about most husbands too. Don't get on a female's bad side. :naughty::P2

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We spent the day outside yesterday because it was so beautiful. My parents were in town for a visit. I walked in for a few minutes, and when I went back outside, I saw that Kevin had taken the babies out of the coop for a field trip! She taught them how to scratch for bugs and I saw on the littles eat one! :-o

Then she took them into the woods and taught them how to dust-bathe. All the other chickens just ignore them and let her do her thing. SO cute..

IMG_4102.JPG IMG_4103.JPG IMG_4107.JPG IMG_4115.JPG

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just caught up on this whole thread - thank you for the perfect start to my Sunday! :D

LOVE the story and the pics of her happily mothering them!! And the coup is gorgeous - and Layla, I didn't know pigs could smile :love: ::)

PattyCo

Brilliant_Rock
It is so great to hear that "Kevin" is doing so much better since she has a little family to love. And it is so nice to see them all in the new pictures and videos.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
She taught them to dust bathe today. I can't believe, that at four days old, they copy her. they were dirt-covered little fluff balls.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She taught them to dust bathe today. I can't believe, that at four days old, they copy her. they were dirt-covered little fluff balls.
This is just the cutest thing ever. I love it!

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is so unbelievably CUTE!!:love:

Thanks for starting the thread, made my day!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is so increadible! What a soul of mother she has. And good job providing such a beautiful environment for them!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg LOVE these new pics!! :love::love::love::love: So stinkin' cute!! :appl: I can't get over how happy Kevin is to be a momma, so heartwarming!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my gosh...Kevin looks just so pleased to be a Mommy and looks to be a very good one!

Your chickens are so cute!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results