shape
carat
color
clarity

new and not sure if my diamond is low quality

aimer87

Rough_Rock
I just received my engagement ring. Its a princess cut. Very good polish good symmetry and faint flourensce. Si1 color h. I love everything about it but ive been noticing in sunlight it looks really weird im not sure if its due to flourensce or if its normal. Any opinions would b great

20140813_121919.jpg . In sunlight and shade 20140813_121939.jpg direct bright sunlight

Diamond_Hawk

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
aimer87,

It will be difficult to give accurate feedback without a few additional details. Can you tell us which lab graded your diamond? A 'soft-labs' SI1 faint could actually be an I1 Strong (example) at a stricter lab. While we cannot tell a lot from photos, the image you posted does not seem to have any noticeable blue haze - can you describe what you mean by 'weird'?

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

aimer87

Rough_Rock
Its gia graded. I took it to Saxons and got to see it under blacklight and it did have some blueish purple areas towards the center. As for clarity he assured me there were no clouds he said he was grading it he would call it vs2. By weird i mean its still crystal clear even under a loupe in the sunlight it doesnt get opaque or cloudy it just looks blueish but still sparkles n throws fire. Ive heard flourensce can make a stone look hazy and i don think thats what it is cuz its still very clear. Thud is my second stne because the first one did get cloudy looking at least to. Me lol everyone else swore they didnt see it. But now this one gets dark in the sun. Im not sure if i should b concern. The secon i spin around and change my angle or pull my hand down farther it goes back to being more whitish

drk14

Brilliant_Rock

aimer87

Rough_Rock
And sorry fir the u,helpful pics they are from my cell 1407950427840.jpg 20140813_121919.jpg

aimer87

Rough_Rock
Oh geez you have no,idea how happy i am to hear that. My fiance would have def giveb me a serious head shake if we had to return again and keep looking lol

drk14

Brilliant_Rock
aimer87|1407956045|3731646 said:
Oh geez you have no,idea how happy i am to hear that. My fiance would have def giveb me a serious head shake if we had to return again and keep looking lol

Glad you feel better! =)

As it so happened, I just came across these pictures of a well-cut, completely non-fluorescent round diamond (from HappyNewLife's SMTB thread). The second picture is in direct sunlight.

photo_2_100.jpg photo_3_78.jpg

If anything, this type of behavior in sunlight is more likely than not an indicator that you have a bright, high-quality diamond. So enjoy your beautiful ring! :sun:

aimer87

Rough_Rock
Is it true that if my diamond was turning blue from flourensce that it would appear thru the whole diamond even from the side and no just face up

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
aimer87|1407950808|3731597 said:
I love everything about it but <snip>
This is a sign of spending too much time in the Internet.

That said, diamonds reflect what's in the environment around them. Blue sky, blue diamond. If you looked at it in a red room, it would pick up a bit of red.

aimer87

Rough_Rock
Lol you are exactly right. I panicked and the internet is full of so many explanations im guilty of this quite a bit but ive learned alot on this site and everyone is very helpful so thanks for all your help. That's why i figured id ask here instead of continuing to drive myself crazy researching.

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
that's my diamond up there and it's really well cut. I think it's just a direct sunlight "thing" :)

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aimer - your diamond is lovely, and I love the contrast of swirly swoops of your setting against the princess cut center. Enjoy your new ring!

aimer87

Rough_Rock
Thank you very much. I,love the setting especially and was shocked he had picked it out all alone lol. I think he got ideas from this site cuz we had looked at everyone's beautiful rings about a hundred times

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your diamond looks beautiful! Enjoy it!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results