shape
carat
color
clarity

New Alexandrite Pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

m76steve

Brilliant_Rock
hello shaunrice-i have pics of alex under flourescent lights-they show green very well-if interested 2 c-just ask-the pics are easy to reproduce by anyone...

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/25/2009 1:58:41 AM
Author: shaunrice
Ok, time for a setting hunt... As Alexis is extremely valuable, what is the safest way to set her in a man''s ring? I am also interested in surrounding her with 3mm round brilliant diamonds... Any ideas where I can start searching???
knoxjewelers.biz - they do lots of custom work.

If $$ is not an object, then Leon Mege, but I''m not sure if he does men''s rings.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Shaun - do you have any ideas about what you want to end up with? Do you want chunky, delicate, diamond accents, prong set, bezel set - c''mon give us a clue!!!!! Here''s a few designs that you could take ideas from (or not!) .......

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
The Alexandrite is beautiful and can''t wait to see you have it set. I have been looking for one myself but they are so hard to find.

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/25/2009 8:52:13 AM
Author: tourmaline_lover

Date: 1/25/2009 1:58:41 AM
Author: shaunrice
Ok, time for a setting hunt... As Alexis is extremely valuable, what is the safest way to set her in a man''s ring? I am also interested in surrounding her with 3mm round brilliant diamonds... Any ideas where I can start searching???
knoxjewelers.biz - they do lots of custom work.

If $$ is not an object, then Leon Mege, but I''m not sure if he does men''s rings.
Oh, if only.....
39.gif

I have never seen a PS''er with a Leon gent''s ring. I''d love to see that!

How about it, Shaun?
31.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, Shaun. Leon does make men''s rings.
31.gif

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/25/2009 12:06:15 PM
Author: Harriet
Oh, Shaun. Leon does make men''s rings.
31.gif
cough*enabler*cough

12.gif

RNgemlover

Shiny_Rock
I''d like something that prong sets Alexis with thick, flat topped prongs. Surrounding her 3mm round diamonds channel set. So, alexandrite prong set horizontally, diamonds around her... wish i could draw lol, but this is the best I can do lol! Warning you now, this is a horrid drawing lol, but the general idea is there.

uglydrawing.jpg

RNgemlover

Shiny_Rock
I just got Alexis back from appraisal, and almost had a heart attack. I knew that she was valuable, but I swear I had no idea she was worth THAT much. The jeweler said he was extremely conservative on purpose, but was confident that if the market improved she would be worth even more. I was terrified about having her get chipped before, now I am absolutely frozen in fear. Are prongs the safest course??? I want her secure, but I have an enormous fear of damage after my last fiasco... Really needing pro help here guys. Thanks so much for your advice thus far. (still having palpitations)

RNgemlover

Shiny_Rock
I bought the ring! Nothing special at all. I decided to go with the Ebay ring for now, as I have one like it. May do something for involved when I can spend around 10,000.00 for a phenomenal platinum piece... LOL!

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Shaun, Did you try Knox?? All you have to do is sign up and start a blog with them. Post your ideas and your beautiful drawings (giggle) and one of the designers will get back to you with some ideas. It''s actually pretty fun.

RNgemlover

Shiny_Rock
I didn''t try quite yet, I''m a bit strapped for cash. So I thought I''d buy this since I know the vendor, and save up some to buy a real knock out.

RNgemlover

Shiny_Rock
well, I bought another alexandrite from the same vendor lol! Should be here monday, and I''ll put some pictures on

RNgemlover

Shiny_Rock
I''m tracking my new alexandrite on Fed Ex lol! She''s coming!!! Getting closer!

RNgemlover

Shiny_Rock
Here is the new baby... Coming Monday by 10:30!!!!

pearalexissister.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Shaun, now that you have maybe finished your alex shopping, can you tell us your source? Your stones are beautiful!!!

RNgemlover

Shiny_Rock
Oh, I''m far from finished lol! Sorry lol!

RNgemlover

Shiny_Rock
Here is LIzzy, my new alexandrite. This is the finest color change I have ever seen in my life, and that includes museums!

newalexlizzy.jpg

RNgemlover

Shiny_Rock
Alexis is SET!!!

AlexisandTina.jpg

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
I have never seen such beautiful alexandrites, thank you for sharing your babies with us. Are there any videos of the color change, in either stone? It would be cool to see them in action.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Shaun,
No offense, but I know where you got that stone from. How can you tell it''s not a synthetic that''s been tumbled and made to look natural, but then recut? I would insist on a cert with that stone. Have you bought from that seller before and received certs to back up the goods as being natural? Thanks in advance.

RNgemlover

Shiny_Rock
NO offense my (you know what)! They are certified. Not only are they certified but they have both also been appraised by a certified gemologist. Here is an internal look. If you have nothing but dirt to throw, then do not comment on any of my threads ever again! How offensive can you be???

RNgemlover

Shiny_Rock
Here is an internal x20 shot. This is Alexis.

insidealexisfakemyass.jpg

RNgemlover

Shiny_Rock
Do you see those fingerprint looking inclusions? How about the perfect crystals? Fake my *$&@)*#! This is inside Lizzy x20 magnification. Again, fake my )*()(#)@#!~ See those rutile lines? In life they form a kind of opalescence that turns extremely red. I think you''ve been schooled enough. But if you''d like some more pictures of the internal workings of any of my alexandrites, feel free to ask.

insidelizzyfakemyass.jpg

RNgemlover

Shiny_Rock
Here are certificate, and appraisal on Alexis. The only thing I covered was the value because it is none of your business. Any other proof you would require??? Again, do not write anything that baseless and offensive on any of my threads again!

certfakemyass.jpg

RNgemlover

Shiny_Rock
p.s. other certificates are in the bank, but would love to splay them all out on the table for you one day.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Shaun,
I apologize if I offended you. Congratulations on your wonderful find.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results