shape
carat
color
clarity

New 1.81 studs from Distinctive Gems - Jonathan rocks

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I am thrilled. Jonathan at Distinctive Gems found a pair of diamonds for my new stud earrings that match almost identically and came in at a great price (he worked with my budget). He vets them personally before he sends diamonds out. I'm so excited. Wooohooooo! He was a dream to work with.

Last edited:

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Wow those are great! Can’t wait to see ear shots and more pics! I love Jon he’s so sweet

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
He mentioned a close match.
The dimensions of the cuts are almost identical.
Diamond 1

1.png
Diamond 2
2.png

Last edited:

123ducklings

Brilliant_Rock
Lucky you! They are lovely! Do you know how you’ll set them?

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Now that I have calmed down a little (I was a little too exuberant on the first post), I wanted to tell about the experience of working with Jonathan. This was my first time working with him and I was absolutely tired of trying to find a matched pair of studs by myself. I didn't want mass-produced studs, because I wanted to be sure they had a great cut. I spent hours weeding through steep/deep diamonds. It was so frusterating.

I had a lean budget and reached out to Jonathan and told him my priorities and budget. He didn't even laugh :)

For this project, it was size, cut, quality and color. Jon came back with these a few hours later. He explained that a matching (good) cut was most important for studs. The studs arrived at his office the next day where he checked them out carefully, sent ASETS and reports and the little video.

An outstanding experience. @Sprinkles&Stones I agree with you, what a lovely man. I'm sure I'll be back again for the next project and can see why he has such a solid fan base around PS. This was not a huge purchase by any means, yet he gave me top-notch service.

Last edited:

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
They are gorgeous!! Thank you for sharing your experience!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
@MMtwo, congrats on your stud upgrade! Hope to see earshots soon!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are stunning, I can't wait to see what you do with them!

I'll second you on Jon's service, I purchased a pair of moissanite studs from him a few years ago...not a large transaction by any means, but big enough for me, and he respected my budget, worked within it, and treated me like royalty. I'd never hesitate to buy from him again!

So how are you planning to set those gorgeous stones??

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
They are stunning, I can't wait to see what you do with them!

I'll second you on Jon's service, I purchased a pair of moissanite studs from him a few years ago...not a large transaction by any means, but big enough for me, and he respected my budget, worked within it, and treated me like royalty. I'd never hesitate to buy from him again!

So how are you planning to set those gorgeous stones??

Thanks Dandi. I'm glad you also had a great experience with Jon. They are going into simple 3 prong martini studs in white gold. When they arrive, I'll be back!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous studs!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Thank you. I expect them to arrive in the next half hour. Looking forward to see them!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am thrilled. Jonathan at Distinctive Gems found a pair of diamonds for my new stud earrings that match almost identically and came in at a great price (he worked with my budget). He vets them personally before he sends diamonds out. I'm so excited. Wooohooooo! He was a dream to work with.

STUNNING. :kiss2:
Wear them in good health and blingy joy @MMtwo!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
They're here!!. Even prettier than I had hoped. I love them very much.
Stats: approx .90/.91 ea, 6.2mm. clarity VVS/SI (picked for the size match)

20210402_113902.jpg

Alistra

Shiny_Rock
They're beautiful and they look great on you!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They're here!!. Even prettier than I had hoped. I love them very much.
Stats: approx .90/.91 ea, 6.2mm. clarity VVS/SI (picked for the size match)

20210402_113902.jpg

So gorgeous. Classic elegance. ❤️❤️❤️

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Soo pretty on you! Gorgeous diamonds wow! :kiss2:

MrsBlue

Brilliant_Rock
Perfect proportions on your ear too!! That's probably harder to achieve than finding good stones. Great job all around.

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous diamonds and I love the size on you. Perfect!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i love his videos also. Beautiful studs!! Congratulations!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, they're gorgeous @MMtwo! :kiss2: I can't get over how perfectly matched they are. They look just perfect on you! Congratulations!

musicloveranthony

Brilliant_Rock
WOWWW!!! Those are gorgeous. They look really great in hand and they look even better on your ears!

I've been following Jonathan for over a decade. One could probably say i'm a fanboy! haha. But I've always been nervous to reach out to him to ask for help sourcing a stone or pair. I didn't realize it was a service he did. Now i know what I'm going to do when i'm looking for my next stone!!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
They are beautiful! With the affordability of such beautiful MMD stones, I don't know why anyone would get mined studs.

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
Wow - they are gorgeous! And they look perfect on you. I also really like the setting. I am considering lab diamonds for studs if I go up in size (I currently have 1 ctw) and I will definitely consider reaching out to Jonathan!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
HI everyone. It's been a crazy week (new job) and I am sorry for my delay in replies.

@Sprinkles&Stones thank you. Jon really is a great guy to work with.

@sparklynurse thank you!

Thanks @123ducklings :)

@Dandi I am glad to see you also had a great experience buying studs with Jonathan. It's the word of mouth from PSers that means so much with a purchase.

Hi there @Slick1 - thank you!

Thank you @tyty333

Hi @Alistra. Thank you so much!

Hugs @missy thank you so much. They feel so big but I am sure I'll grow right into them. Thanks for the sage advice to buy for DSS.

@bling_dream19 thank you so much. New bling is so much fun. It's a happy day.

Hello @MrsBlue. Thank you. I took the advice of another PSer and bought fake studs to help decide on the setting and the size. It was very helpful.

Hi @kgizo , thank you so much!

@whitewave his videos are always fun to watch. Thanks so much for the kind words. I'm glad to read you're feeling better.

Thank you @junebug17. I think the pair match was very lucky. I didn't have any idea what I was doing when I was trying to pick not only good stones but well matched stones. I am so thankful to have his help.

WOWWW!!! Those are gorgeous. They look really great in hand and they look even better on your ears!

I've been following Jonathan for over a decade. One could probably say i'm a fanboy! haha. But I've always been nervous to reach out to him to ask for help sourcing a stone or pair. I didn't realize it was a service he did. Now i know what I'm going to do when i'm looking for my next stone!!

Hi @musicloveranthony. Thanks so much for the sweet compliments. He will help people either shop at some of the big vendors as a concierge. In this case, he acquired these through his own vendors. He is so lovely to talk to and knows his angles. He's just like the man on his videos. Fun and personable.

They are beautiful! With the affordability of such beautiful MMD stones, I don't know why anyone would get mined studs.
Thank you @jaysonsmom. I feel the same. I could not even consider these if mined. I love the sparkle not the price tag.

Wow - they are gorgeous! And they look perfect on you. I also really like the setting. I am considering lab diamonds for studs if I go up in size (I currently have 1 ctw) and I will definitely consider reaching out to Jonathan!

Hi @OdetteOdile, thank you. The settings are very simple Stuller martini settings. The whole experience was turnkey. He asked about my hopes and dreams, I told him my budget and that was that. I have an issue with overthinking big purchases. The peace of mind was wonderful.

Skidiamond41

Shiny_Rock
@MMtwo hey! So your post inspired me to pull the trigger to reach out to Jonathan to help me find my forever pair. We selected mine yesterday now I am trying to select a setting. I really like how yours look on your ears. Can you tell me which setting you went with and would you be willing to show me a profile pic of them??? Also, how comfortable are they?? I’ve never worn martini earrings before.
PS I am new to posting so hopefully I tagged

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Hi @Jchap41! Congratulations on the earrings. Jonathan put these in Stuller 3 prong martini settings. I have found that I can't sleep in larger studs, but I think that's the "price to pay" for large studs. Wearing through the day are great . No issues. It might be worth a quick trip for cz studs to see if you like martini or basket settings on you.

Please see if these pictures help?
20210422_145210.jpg
20210422_143903.jpg 20210422_145200.jpg

Skidiamond41

Shiny_Rock
@MMtwo Thank you so much for the images! This was very helpful!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results