shape
carat
color
clarity

nervous as heck...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Oooooo....Scott......excuse my drool here. Love those omc!

Scott Terence

Shiny_Rock
Those pics were posted by DiaGem, I just thought it would be appropo to repost them here for us OMC addicts
emangel.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2007 7:22:33 PM
Author: lumpkin

Date: 2/3/2007 5:48:00 PM
Author: Cehrabehra

Date: 2/3/2007 4:26:14 PM
Author: lumpkin

Cehra, make sure they drill holes for seats for the meley. You will be sooooooo sooooooo sorry if they dont.
oh yes not only that but I''ve got putting a high polish on the seat/hole AND a thorough cleaning prior to setting on my list LOL

LOL! You are very thorough. I''m sure you will end up with a breathtaking ring. I''m so glad I get to live vicariously through you! I really can''t wait to see it, even though it''s still in the beginning stages of the processes.
90% of the design has been finished in my head since... october? the other 10% I''m flexible about still and would like input on. The orig jeweler did a good job of getting out as much as she did. I really do feel grateful that I have pics of the wax because imagine trying to explain it to someone long distance without those LOL I think she got about 80-90% of the head correct and I know the shank is easy so that was never a concern. I''m hopeful that it isn''t at the beginning anymore... I''m hoping that I''m on the verge of getting it DONE DUDE! ha!!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2007 8:57:29 PM
Author: Scott 00
Those pics were posted by DiaGem, I just thought it would be appropo to repost them here for us OMC addicts
emangel.gif
oh of course it was diagem... I wish I had one of his stones... sometimes (since I have no idea who cut it) I imagine that it was he... but I know this isn''t quite his style LOL I do wonder who is responsible for it sometimes though - I feel like I adopted a child with no way to find the birthparents!!

gail013

Shiny_Rock
Cehra-

As someone who went thru custom ring torture myself, I knew I had to have someone local do it. I had to be able to go in and look at it, try it on etc, and really talk with someone. I did include specific directions in writing, and used the examples someone had posted here that she gave her jeweler. I''m sorry I can''t remember who posted that, but it was very helpful. Custom is very difficult, and you know exactly what you DON''T want. I would be way too nervous to ship that stone off and hope for the best, considering what you have been through. I felt very bad as I wanted to use Maytal-she was very sweet. I plan on using her for a RHR down the road. My ring design evolved as I worked with the designer in a way that I don''t think could have happened had we not had so much contact. What I also underestimated was the help I got from the owners of the store who helped my vision along and told me what not to do based upon their experience. I was really amazed at how impossible it was to find a setting that I liked.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2007 5:14:24 AM
Author: gail013
Cehra-

As someone who went thru custom ring torture myself, I knew I had to have someone local do it. I had to be able to go in and look at it, try it on etc, and really talk with someone. I did include specific directions in writing, and used the examples someone had posted here that she gave her jeweler. I''m sorry I can''t remember who posted that, but it was very helpful. Custom is very difficult, and you know exactly what you DON''T want. I would be way too nervous to ship that stone off and hope for the best, considering what you have been through. I felt very bad as I wanted to use Maytal-she was very sweet. I plan on using her for a RHR down the road. My ring design evolved as I worked with the designer in a way that I don''t think could have happened had we not had so much contact. What I also underestimated was the help I got from the owners of the store who helped my vision along and told me what not to do based upon their experience. I was really amazed at how impossible it was to find a setting that I liked.
Well I don''t have confidence in anyone here in portland - they might be great but I just... I am really leaning toward working with a ps jeweler because they have incentive to turn out a good project. Whomever does this knows it is going to get plastered all over the site in minute detail and I''m sure they would rather put out a piece they are proud of than one that looks funky. It''s like insurance I guess. I don''t plan to be horrible, but I also feel nervous. I''ve had people I trust tell me the waxes I got from local were horrible (I suspected as much) and I know they deteriorated over time and were a work in progress... but I feel way too nervous to work local again LOL I started getting the feeling that in the end when I got my ring it would be like oh tough poo if you don''t like it - not, lets see if we can tweak it. I dunno... I''m nervous in general but I''ve gotten a good feeling from Wink. And storm thinks ocean is awesome and I value his opinion. I''m waiting to hear back from she and maytal. I''m a little nervous going with maytal because she does everything by hand and on the one hand it would be a superior piece, but on the other I think I might have to let go of more control than I''m comfortable with. The people I worked with locally didn''t sketch or do cad so it was all in the wax, add some here, take some there... I think I would be most comfortable working with someone who used CAD first. I need to get a sarin of my stone.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results