shape
carat
color
clarity

nervous as heck...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/28/2007 10:25:18 PM
Author: SuzyQZ
Cehra:

The natives appear to be getting restless....
6.gif

Can you throw us a bone? or maybe some cake?

We wouldn''t want a revolution on our hands LOL!
2.gif

Keep the faith, you''ll know when you find the right designer, you''ll just click.

Just make sure that we are the FIRST TO KNOW!
1.gif
bahaha I missed this thread getting bumped LOL I posted some pics in the thread on hangout...there''s some details there. I''ll drag the pic here anyway :) and might as well talk about the shank since I didn''t before....the shank I want a 2mm raised center area that is rounded to mimic the U curve on the long side of the diamond and I want that part of it matte.... to either side I want set at a 45* angle 1.5 point melee (maybe maybe 2 pointers if they fit) so that the sections are 1.5mm wide (but on angle so the area to set them will be wider than that) so the total ring is 5mm wide. It''d be nice if it could all squeeze into 4mm but I want the center section to be wider than the diamond sections. And rather than the diamonds just ending or continuing around the band I want the diamonds to come to a decorative conclusion after a bit. The V on this is too pointy for me - what I''ve really been wanting are gothic arches and while that is what I *drew* for my jeweler, I didn''t put it in terms of architecture or have pics of buildings etc. which I do now hahaha So the prongs and the decorative conclusion I want to be in the spirt of gothic architecture. I want milgrain and possibly other detailing around the melee, posibly double rows to accentuate the illusion of it being 3 separate bands from the top... I don''t want ANY taper to the band all the way around. I want the sides and bottom of the shank to be square but slightly comfort fit, no hard or pointy edges. I dunno if that is enough for you to picture things but I don''t want to bore anyone LOL
cbringdevel.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/29/2007 3:23:54 AM
Author: kcoursolle

Date: 1/26/2007 1:50:33 PM
Author: TravelingGal
You''ve answered your own question...you don''t want to wait for MM and you are too much of a control freak for LM. Let WF do it. You can''t be freaked out to talk to a salesperson, because at some point, you''re gonna have to.

Someone here once did a great, concise, CLEAR powerpoint they handed off to the jewelry maker. Maybe you can start with that. Seriously, you need to take a deep breath and just jump in. That tweezer/ring holder thing is going to break before you get this ring done at this rate.

And I say all this in the nicest way.
2.gif
Admin asked me to put my ppt thread in FAQ, here''s the link:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/ppt-slides-for-a-custom-wedding-band.54948/

It definitely made the communication process very simple and quick!
yeah... I know... I was right with ya when you were doing your ring!! But your ideas are so *consise* and I don''t have that gift LOL I could make the PPT but trying to get the ideas organized in my head is the tough part!!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/31/2007 3:21:31 PM
Author: Pricescope

Thank you again kcoursolle, you did your legwork!

Hey Chehra, not to thread-jack Gypsys thread i picked up your picture and made one of the adjustments to the wax as i understood it.
Let me know is it''s right one, should be done to higher extend or it''s not what you meant and i wil re-ajust it more.

What i meant before though is i don''t think your prongs should be made thru wax proses, maybe hand work will do better.
Well... I like the look of 4 Vs but only if the stone was square.... for my stone I like the U and the V but where the arms of the U and the V intersect or bypass it is too high. when looking at the stone in the bottom left position the V prong is just about right but the U prongs need to be moved closer together so that they''re a) bisecting at a lower angle and b) hitting the facet junctions correctly.... as it is in these pics hey''re hitting the corner kite facets a little and I want them right between the kite facets to frame them :)

You''re very sweet - I hate to waste your time in this though... I do appreciate it but I think I''m lousy at communicating myself!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey Cehra... hon? Where would the melee and the milgrain be??? I''m confused. Sorry.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/31/2007 6:27:17 PM
Author: Gypsy
Hey Cehra... hon? Where would the melee and the milgrain be??? I''m confused. Sorry.
LOL no problem - I''ll scan something in in a bit... or post a pic from my other computer that has something similar...

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Cehra, i got you and no prob, i will try re-ajusting, but was the "lowering of U-prong and moving it''s bottom closer to cule" the right move or not?

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/31/2007 7:02:23 PM
Cehra, i got you and no prob, i will try re-ajusting, but was the ''lowering of U-prong and moving it''s bottom closer to cule'' the right move or not?
well.... it could potentially cause an issue for me because moving it closer in would mean lowering it down so the diamond will clear it... otherwise the U bar would go THROUGH the diamond. Which is why I''ve been thinking of needing to add some "webbing" somehow... kinda like this LM but with no melee on it and being cut a *little* lower and going all the way under the stone... It is a departure somewhat from the original plan and I love the original plan but this has potential too if the other doesn''t work. I could just leave the U prong lower but I don''t want it so low because the point of the bowl is to cup the diamond.... in fact a bit of "webbing" in the V might be good too....

r162-04W.jpg

I actually feel somewhat flexible as to how the prongs and the bowl interact (and there are a bunch of ways this can happen - I just really would like the gothic arches) - it''s the placement of the prongs in relation to the crown facets that I''m really set on. I want them like the far right image below:
cbprongs.jpg

I''ll post the gothic arch from my other computer....

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
let me see if these two pics help you.... (and actually I appreciate this because if I can work through it HERE then I can transfer the info to the jeweler!!!)

Okay.... first pic is kinda what I want the band to be like except the center raised part to be wider and matte and the diamond melee part to be at a sharper angle.

076CO18.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
this one is the shape of the ring I want but with my head on it and the raised section between these two rows of melee plus the melee on a 45* slant.... with the milgrain along the row of melee like this:

RC382.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
cehra, did you ever see lll''s knife edge pave wedding set? is this more of the steeper angle your wanting or still not steep enough?

KT_201oct05.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/31/2007 8:05:07 PM
Author: mrssalvo
cehra, did you ever see lll''s knife edge pave wedding set? is this more of the steeper angle your wanting or still not steep enough?

KT_201oct05.jpg
ack I lost my post LOL I saw a ring - a cushion - recently in smtr hat had the same shank as this.... and yes this is what I want - half face up hide side up but with a section in between the two of plain metal. I''ve never seen this ring before or this shank in yellow gold! How timely!!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
here''s another random pic - of a gothic arch upside down.... the shape of the V part that I want.... and if there is "webbing" then it could be where the curved line is above the pointed arch.

I know this is going to be fairly unusual ring.... which is all the more why I want a jeweler who really can get into this an enjoy the process. I''m very excited - the last jeweler got so close and I just know someone who isn''t ailing (and perhaps more talented) could really dig their teeth into this and turn it out. I''m hopeful!!!

gotharch1.jpg

:)

Brilliant_Rock
C, is the yellow gold from Mrs. S timely because you are going to do yellow gold, or because it shows the ridge of metal between the knife side? I love that Leon with the pink-ish stone you just posted!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
okay this unfortunately showcases just how BAD my photoshop skills are (Paintshop to be exact) but maybe this will help on the shank..... this is where the diamond melee detail would "decoratively end" on the shnk.... the pink liines are where there would be milgrain, the green arrow signifies where it would be wider, considerably wider.... and the blue dotted white "stone" is where I might put in something of color or just some etching or more milgrain or something to go with the rest of it.

this is all stuff I didn''t even GET to with the other jeweler.... I''ll show a pic of the first interpretation of it that was sorta close...

gotharch2.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
this is from the first incarnation of the ring that was done without my direct input by the first jeweler.... she actually came quite close considering she really hadn''t heard what I wanted - but it is definitely lacking the detail I wanted and I want the center section raised a little to set it apart. I also don''t think I want the diamonds to go quite this low on the side but I''m open on that.

cbshank1.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/31/2007 8:39:26 PM
Author: :)
C, is the yellow gold from Mrs. S timely because you are going to do yellow gold, or because it shows the ridge of metal between the knife side? I love that Leon with the pink-ish stone you just posted!
oh just timely because of that thread in SMTR about the return of yellow gold :) I''m not going to do yellow gold, but I did spend a couple days contemplating rose gold LOL I''m just going to stick with white gold and not go for the superduperest white gold out there. I just wish I could get that superlightest yellow gold with a tinge of pink hahaha

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
and I know this seems so goofy to have all of this architecture in here, but even before I found PS these were the inspirations of what I wanted.... I just never thought to bring it up here or to a jeweler because it seemed weird... and it still seems weird but it might get my point across!

anyway this is what I invision for the side U prong.... I always thought of it as these arches that curve up over the edges of the stone.

gotharch3.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
one more for now..... you know I might be able to do the shallower U scroll IF I pull it out to the side and have it slope along the blue angle rather than maintaining it at the pink angle I have now... AND it would also add to the authentic gothic arch look from the front view as well......

please someone tell me I''m making sense LOL This is why I never posted any of this LOL The design really isn''t all that hard I don''t think, but my explaining of it is challegned... if it is any consolation when I was in *person* with the jeweler it all went very well hence why the ring even got as close as it did before she fell ill....

gotharch5.jpg

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/31/2007 7:15:21 PM
Author: Cehrabehra

Cehra, i got you and no prob, i will try re-ajusting, but was the 'lowering of U-prong and moving it's bottom closer to cule' the right move or not?
well.... it could potentially cause an issue for me because moving it closer in would mean lowering it down so the diamond will clear it... otherwise the U bar would go THROUGH the diamond. Which is why I've been thinking of needing to add some 'webbing' somehow... kinda like this LM but with no melee on it and being cut a *little* lower and going all the way under the stone... It is a departure somewhat from the original plan and I love the original plan but this has potential too if the other doesn't work. I could just leave the U prong lower but I don't want it so low because the point of the bowl is to cup the diamond.... in fact a bit of 'webbing' in the V might be good too....

I actually feel somewhat flexible as to how the prongs and the bowl interact (and there are a bunch of ways this can happen - I just really would like the gothic arches) - it's the placement of the prongs in relation to the crown facets that I'm really set on. I want them like the far right image below:

I'll post the gothic arch from my other computer....
Not necessarily Cehra, think of U printed on piece of paper - flat, right? That's what you are holding on to, but it does not have to be in one plane.

Roll your imaginary paper starting from the side of U's bottom as you are going to make a tube , U is not flat anymore and its bottom can be moved under the stone more without lifting it higher up.
Same can be done to a V, the result would be - the whole base of the basket is smaller, the basket itself - less square.

Think about it and let me know if it's an option, then i will try to make a pic, not going to be easy..

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/1/2007 1:10:58 PM

Date: 1/31/2007 7:15:21 PM

Cehra, i got you and no prob, i will try re-ajusting, but was the ''lowering of U-prong and moving it''s bottom closer to cule'' the right move or not?
well.... it could potentially cause an issue for me because moving it closer in would mean lowering it down so the diamond will clear it... otherwise the U bar would go THROUGH the diamond. Which is why I''ve been thinking of needing to add some ''webbing'' somehow... kinda like this LM but with no melee on it and being cut a *little* lower and going all the way under the stone... It is a departure somewhat from the original plan and I love the original plan but this has potential too if the other doesn''t work. I could just leave the U prong lower but I don''t want it so low because the point of the bowl is to cup the diamond.... in fact a bit of ''webbing'' in the V might be good too....

I actually feel somewhat flexible as to how the prongs and the bowl interact (and there are a bunch of ways this can happen - I just really would like the gothic arches) - it''s the placement of the prongs in relation to the crown facets that I''m really set on. I want them like the far right image below:

I''ll post the gothic arch from my other computer....
Not necessarily Cehra, think of U printed on piece of paper - flat, right? That''s what you are holding on to, but it does not have to be in one plane.

Roll your imaginary paper starting from the side of U''s bottom as you are going to make a tube , U is not flat anymore and its bottom can be moved under the stone more without lifting it higher up.
Same can be done to a V, the result would be - the whole base of the basket is smaller, the basket itself - less square.

Think about it and let me know if it''s an option, then i will try to make a pic, not going to be easy..
is the pic below kinda what you mean? That the U from the shank side would look still like a shallow U but from the V side it would just be higher up and angled away from the diamond like the green line above? the pink line is the way it has been and it has to go all the way under the diamond to clear it - but if it is angled up (and the angle could follow the same gothic lines!!) then it wraps more around the stone... you know, I might like this even *more* and it would solve so many issues I think.

gotharch6.jpg

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Cehra, that''s how i adjusted wax shape to demonstrate "curves", i understand your Gothic desire very well it''s just hard to translate to thick wax model for me.
The ring in the insert has no double prongs, i made it for underneath the diamond space modeling.

C_BWAX1.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2007 12:17:39 PM
Cehra, that''s how i adjusted wax shape to demonstrate ''curves'', i understand your Gothic desire very well it''s just hard to translate to thick wax model for me.
The ring in the insert has no double prongs, i made it for underneath the diamond space modeling.
wow, you really have an amazing talent. I think this head you''ve designed would be really fantastic for an asscher or square cushion!! Thank you :)

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pricescope

I can see now what you were writing about about rolling up a paper ''U'' or ''V''. This solves the height of the stone but may make the Arch less obvious than the original design was supposed to look. I suppose it is all trade offs, when you think about it most Cathedral rings are arched and ofcourse are high set.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2007 2:25:38 PM
Author: Pyramid
Pricescope

I can see now what you were writing about about rolling up a paper ''U'' or ''V''. This solves the height of the stone but may make the Arch less obvious than the original design was supposed to look. I suppose it is all trade offs, when you think about it most Cathedral rings are arched and ofcourse are high set.
yeah... but you know, the V arch was never a problem, it cleared the ring without problem in just the right place. The jeweler needed to bring those in a *little* to straighten them out but it wasn''t for lack of room to do so. And I guess I was imagining "rolling" diferently - I was picturing I guess rotating so that instead of | the prongs were more / in the front, but not in just an arbitrary way.... but rather in a way that continued the whole arch theme LOL I think the head PS made is really pretty, almost like a tulip? but I want the bowl to surround the stone more than that I know this is hard and the original head is so close I know it can be done :)

Scott Terence

Shiny_Rock
Hi CB,

Just wondering what you think of the OMC melee, you could think of them as baby Gemini's
emangel.gif

original.aspx

original.aspx

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2007 2:49:05 PM
Author: Scott 00
Hi CB,

Just wondering what you think of the OMC melee, you could think of them as baby Gemini''s
emangel.gif

original.aspx

original.aspx
omg those are delightful!!!! You know what I *really* want for my ring though? I want single cut stones... I don''t think I''m going to be able to get them but that''s what I would love to have. I bet if I really pushed wink might might be able to get them... but I wish I knew how much they''d be upfront.

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
They look like tiny little ice cubes! I think I'd like single cuts better anyway, Cehra.

EDT: Gorgeous, but I think single cuts would really set off your beautiful diamond, and easier to work with design wise.

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/31/2007 8:57:44 PM
this is from the first incarnation of the ring that was done without my direct input by the first jeweler.... she actually came quite close considering she really hadn''t heard what I wanted - but it is definitely lacking the detail I wanted and I want the center section raised a little to set it apart. I also don''t think I want the diamonds to go quite this low on the side but I''m open on that.

Cehra, make sure they drill holes for seats for the meley. You will be sooooooo sooooooo sorry if they dont.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2007 4:26:14 PM
Author: lumpkin

Date: 1/31/2007 8:57:44 PM

Cehra, make sure they drill holes for seats for the meley. You will be sooooooo sooooooo sorry if they dont.
oh yes not only that but I''ve got putting a high polish on the seat/hole AND a thorough cleaning prior to setting on my list LOL

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2007 5:48:00 PM

Date: 2/3/2007 4:26:14 PM
Author: lumpkin

oh yes not only that but I''ve got putting a high polish on the seat/hole AND a thorough cleaning prior to setting on my list LOL

LOL! You are very thorough. I''m sure you will end up with a breathtaking ring. I''m so glad I get to live vicariously through you! I really can''t wait to see it, even though it''s still in the beginning stages of the processes.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results