shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT Neo-Edwardian Elegance with a Tanzanite Heart

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Andelain - it turns out that Aurum's website email is currently down. Please send your request to "tricia (at) aurumstudios (dot) com" in the interim. Ask for Courtney. Thank you.

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Tanzigrrl|1398179743|3657810 said:
Andelain - it turns out that Aurum's website email is currently down. Please send your request to "tricia (at) aurumstudios (dot) com" in the interim. Ask for Courtney. Thank you.

Thank you, email resent.

Tanzigrrl, is it going to bother you if this incredible necklace is the inspiration for mine? I'm going to have it done in yellow gold, and will probably go a bit more modern, but in many ways will borrow from this design. I may also use some of my smaller tanzanites in the design with the large one. It's not going to be a copy, but it'll be easy to see that it was done by the same person.

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Andelain - No, not at all. "Imitation is the highest form of flattery." Ultimately it is Courtney's design, so she's really the one who gets to decide if and how it gets used again. And, it sounds like your piece will vary significantly from my own. Please do proceed and, of course, keep us posted on PS! Courtney is a delight to work with and I know you will enjoy the project from concept to completion. :appl:

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Tanzigrrl|1398196105|3657985 said:
Andelain - No, not at all. "Imitation is the highest form of flattery." Ultimately it is Courtney's design, so she's really the one who gets to decide if and how it gets used again. And, it sounds like your piece will vary significantly from my own. Please do proceed and, of course, keep us posted on PS! Courtney is a delight to work with and I know you will enjoy the project from concept to completion. :appl:

Thank you for that, I feel much better about moving forward now. This is such a huge departure from what I had in mind for my tanz. I just love the wiry, open look to it.

I've already made contact with Courtney, she asked for pics of the stone(s) I plan to use. Right now I'm favoring using the 17 ct oavl as the centerpiece and 3 of my pears below it. Plus a bunch of the homeless diamonds I've bought up over the last few years. Tanzanite and ACA's, it's going to be a showstopper like yours is. :appl: :appl: :appl:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Speechless. Truly stunning and elegant. When I see pieces like that, I am blown away by the design; I wouldn't even know how to start to imagine something that magnificent!

Anyway, TG, you rock it! You are gorgeous and it looks lovely with whatever you are wearing - especially love the leather and tanzanite look. ;))

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
That is just fabulous! What a wonderful piece -- shows off the tanz to the max & it's beautiful by itself. Even better to have the attachment that a friend made it. Btw -- you have equally beautiful hands!

--- Laurie

endless_summer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I had to come back to look at it - it really is just absolutely amazing & congrats on jewel of the week - completely deserved!!!

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, Everyone!

And, I was delighted to login today and discover that my necklace was "Jewel of the Week" :wavey: :appl: I'm honored! Thank you so very much!

JewelFreak - thank you! One delightful day - actually - Thanksgiving 2012, I was paid to work as a hand model for the day. It was a lot of fun. I'd jump at the chance to do it again, if I ever get the chance. Getting paid to try on amazing jewels is certainly a fun way to spend a day!!!

Minousbijoux - Thank you! I think the leather jacket adds something, too. :twirl: Originally, way back, I thought I'd only wear it on special occasions but then I realized that life's too short and I need to be out and around wearing it.

Andelain - you must keep us posted on here as your project progresses! You tanzanite is huge and beautiful - I know Courtney will do a great job building a "home" for it.

pixgirl - I certainly took a while trying to figure out what to do with it - I'm happy with the uniqueness of this piece!

AudiLover - thank you very much :love:

redroze - wearing it to work felt perfectly natural - I'll just keep on doing that!

diamondseeker2006 - thank you :wavey:

redwood66 - I think seeing the process adds something to the experience. Usually I'd just wait until the end to see the finished project, but this was fun watching it take shape across time.

yennyfire - after wearing it to walk the dog, go to work, and to the Fox Theatre, I think I've covered a lot of bases in my first week with it. It really feels like it's been everywhere.

woofmama - just so few red carpet moments in real life, so I figure I'll put on the necklace and see if a red carpet just unrolls in front of me

Enerchi - :rodent: thank you

missy - you wouldn't believe the collection of necklace pictures on my phone. If I drop my phone and someone finds it they're going to think I'm obsessed with this necklace

endless_summer - thank you. I love how she makes the filigree light, airy, and feminine but durable and totally wearable

derbygal - thank you!

motownmama- :love:

lorissey
- thank you

LLJsmom - in lieu of the Oscars, I'll just wear it around town. :naughty:

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks endless_summer, I was thrilled to see that it was Jewel of the Week this week! This is a special honor for me (and for Courtney!)

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes indeed! Congratulations on that honor! :appl: :appl: I would have been blown away if it had not been.

What I admire most is your "life is too short" attitude and the fact that you are wearing it often. You are a new role model for me. :praise:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tanzigrrl|1398034304|3656765 said:
Rest assured I will wear it! I have so few (if any) "red carpet" opportunities in life so I will make a point of wearing it and enjoying it. Here I am in jeans, t-shirt, and leather jacket, wearing the tanzanite necklace while walking the dog. :appl:
LOVE THIS LOOK!! Even more fabulous with jeans and a tee. OMG.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just....stunning!
I love seeing the pictures of the work in progress, thank you for sharing that.
Honestly, I think you deserve an invite to the Oscars or Tonys, just so you can share that beauty with the world. I think Joan Rivers would just turn GREEN with envy!
(But, go ahead, wear it while walking your adorable dog, he probably deserves the honor more than Joan, anyway)

Congratulations on creating a masterpiece!

Diamondboy11685

Shiny_Rock
Tanzigrrl|1398110081|3657296 said:
Close-up of my necklace at work today. Yes, I wore this top to match it. No, I don't usually do that. But, hey, it's brand new and I'm having some fun! :tongue:

Wow wow wow! I just love this piece! I'm a tanzi freak myself. Nothing compares to that beautiful color. I'm actually in the process of starting to design a pendant that would work with my favorite tanzanite rings. Currently I have two loose cushions and one loose oval. I keep going back and forth on whether or not to use one, two or all of them to possibly do a dangle drop pendant. I also have a 2ct fancy light brown cushion I might add so that it would match my ering as well. The possibilities are endless which makes decisions hard lol. Here's the rings I mentioned. I'd love to hear your input as I think your piece is just lovely!
image_3040.jpg

aac2013

Shiny_Rock
Gasp, almost quit breathing....beautiful!

sapphirecats

Shiny_Rock
:love: that is simply the most beautiful pendant I've e ever seen! Wow! Spectacular!

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Oohhhh! that is ethereally magnificent! I love you rocking it every day- I'd do the exact same if it were mine! Thank you so much for sharing all the pictures and photos. I have never seen such a beautiful tanzanite- I find that color - just royal perfection. The necklace is the perfect home for such an amazing jewel. Congratulations!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results