hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne|1396184134|3643698 said:
hathalove|1396139316|3643603 said:
diamondseeker2006|1396138455|3643593 said:
Now for the Single Stone rounds:

Wow! I really love this first one. :love:

I don't think she wants to bezel her stone though...

DS do you know what $$ SS settings start at. Ballpark?
Thanks for taking care of me hatha : )
are you getting setting fever too? This thread will do that!

I just googled "floral halos" and OMG, what a feast.

Of course I am! You know I am watching this for inspiration. But honestly I have been enjoying my solitaire so much I worry that maybe I would love the halo a tiny bit less? So hard right?! I just know I would need perfect lines and connections and that costs. I'm sitting it out in the meantime and enjoying the beauty that I have. Also waiting on a few rings that are in the making to show up in SMTB. A three stone and a halo. Don't know what's taking so long. Lol.

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
ecf8503|1396190300|3643737 said:
Jimmianne|1396182069|3643673 said:
Gypsy|1396152023|3643629 said:

Gypsy,
I :love: super affordable! How is the quality on BK?
8wr1181cddm_1.jpg
I absolutely love this - the way the shank connects to those little circles. It's a clever design. I'm now looking to see if I can find photos from other angles.
I'm not clear how to go about this and have tried to research...how do I get a WF diamond into a BK setting? Do you know if WF would do it? I've read that Pearlman's would. Any info is appreciated.

[I enjoyed the idea of a custom setting and sat making drawings too much yesterday, but I think it would be more stress than I want to take on - you know - that perfection thing. Finding the diamond was enough for me :lol: ]

Yes they will. AND you get a PS discount. :)

Just wanted to say that I have communicated with Pearlmans not too long ago when I was on the hunt for an eternity and they have excellent customer service and communication. I must have sent a bunch of emails for quotes on this style and that and they were so responsive and fast. I didn't go through with my order because I was torn on which style to buy and ended up getting my ACA solitaire. I wouldn't hesitate to work with them though. I'm sure they could get any of the BK settings for you :)) plus the discount and no tax! Actually I don't know where you live but you get my excitement. Lol

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
hathalove|1396139316|3643603 said:
diamondseeker2006|1396138455|3643593 said:
Now for the Single Stone rounds:

Wow! I really love this first one. :love:

I don't think she wants to bezel her stone though...

DS do you know what $$ SS settings start at. Ballpark?

It has been a couple of years since I asked them for a quote, but for the second setting I posted but with a cushion-shaped halo it was around $3500. I have heard others say $5-6k, though, for more detailed settings.

Both Pearlman's and Good Old Gold carry Bev K and will set outside stones. I believe they send the diamond to BK to set.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been carrying my diamond around on a pronged stick for two days. Last night I dropped the stick and the diamond flew out [had visions of one of the dogs eating it and made them all leave the room ]

Here is a hand-shot of the popular "presentation box setting". It makes the diamond look huge. I was really impressed with the WF presentation of a loose stone.
p1080603.jpg
Since no one seems to be open on Sunday, I have until tomorrow to decide what to do. So many beautiful options and ideas and things to think about.
Thanks, you guys, for helping me out today.
The work is not done, but there has been much clarification!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pearlman's can get me the Beverly K for just under 2k and that incudes setting the diamond, taxes and shipping it back to me.
I still don't know what the side profile looks like or how high off the finger it sits. 8wr1181cddm_1_0.jpg

And, I am getting a quote on this Ritani
il_570xn_59.jpg which looks like this one from the top:
shopping3.jpg
I've also been talking with WF and they suggested a couple of pretty settings with simple heads & pave shanks.
So it's down to about 4 choices.

My questions so far are - is that a good price, in your oinion, for the BK? And as an obsessive perfectionist will I like BK quality?? :confused:
A little bit uncertain about mailing to Pearlman, then having sent to BK, etc. I thought Pearlman did the setting. Seems like more to go wrong with multiple companies involved.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beverly K's quality is very good. :wavey:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy|1396313173|3644678 said:
Beverly K's quality is very good. :wavey:

Gypsy, thanks.
Do you remember where you found the original image for the ring with the circles on the sides?
I've googled everything I can think of and can't find photos of this ring other than the one you posted.
Bill Pearlman said he has never seen any photos except the one on this thread either & it's an older ring, but assured me that the BK rings have very good proportions.
Still, I can't imagine buying a setting without knowing what the side & tops views are and how high it sits off the finger.
It is very reasonably priced with the PS discount and I'm very interested, but if I can't see what it looks like ahead of time, I'm going to have to pass on it. :cry:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can see enough of the side to see that it is not set high. I don't think I have never known the actual height of a head of a ring other than just looking at the picture. It appears to have filigree below the halos. Bev K is very good quality for that price range. Most designers set the stone themselves. That is nothing to worry about. It is a GOOD thing. Ritani should do the same. The diamond should be sent to them to set as well. I like both settings, but they are very different. There are a lot of Bev K settings that I personally like better than this one, but I really like the Ritani for a more contemporary halo design.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1396319130|3644742 said:
I can see enough of the side to see that it is not set high. I don't think I have never known the actual height of a head of a ring other than just looking at the picture. It appears to have filigree below the halos. Bev K is very good quality for that price range. Most designers set the stone themselves. That is nothing to worry about. It is a GOOD thing. Ritani should do the same. The diamond should be sent to them to set as well. I like both settings, but they are very different. There are a lot of Bev K settings that I personally like better than this one, but I really like the Ritani for a more contemporary halo design.

I keep coming back to that Ritani with the 4 petals and no diamonds underneath, but have not gotten a quote yet. The similar ring with pave on the underside of the petals is pretty pricy [3600].

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I'm going for the Ritani. I wake up in the morning thinking about it =) and it feels exciting.
I'm going to a Ritani dealer [again] in the city on Thursday to see if they have one I can try on. [by the way, Gypsy, thanks for the heads-up on setting. I asked, and WF does sent the stone to Ritani].
Meanwhile, I've listed some of my jewelry I don't wear very often on Loupe Troop.[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/forum/preloved-ps-jewels/just-listed-on-loupe-troop-t200301.html']https://www.pricescope.com/forum/preloved-ps-jewels/just-listed-on-loupe-troop-t200301.html[/URL]
I took everything to my PS GIA appraiser last week and she wrote down descriptions & pricing for the items I showed her. I don't have formal appraisals for most of the things, but I'm hoping that won't matter and that the pricing is attractive. If I can just sell some of them I can justify getting the Ritani :Up_to_something:

I am considering the rose gold rather than the white gold setting. Any thoughts on that? I've not had a rose gold color like this and although I love the look, perhaps this is not the time to experiment with new, unproven things.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
duplicate post

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WF ACA is Set! XO to Whiteflash!

I am so excited to be able to wear my diamond.
Thank you, Whiteflash for the most beautiful diamond - everyone there was simply great.

I'm celebrating with a shot of Bailey's and a photoshoot =) p1080797.jpg p1080802.jpg p1080849.jpg p1080806.jpg

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
New thread please in SMTB please with tons more photos!! Congratulationss it's beautiful!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
hathalove|1396477761|3646140 said:
New thread please in SMTB please with tons more photos!! Congratulationss it's beautiful!
Thanks, hatha! I'll have to figure out how you got all those *now famous* diamond light flash photos =)

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne|1396483369|3646198 said:
hathalove|1396477761|3646140 said:
Thanks, hatha! I'll have to figure out how you got all those *now famous* diamond light flash photos =)

ps. I'm so glad I went with the simple setting! In person the setting is just a thin bit of metal behind the diamond and the ACA is the star. I love the way halos look, but an ACA in solitaire is perfect IMHO.
I can't wait to wear this out to dinner with my girlfriends. When I wore the last ACA with them, one of the women said "what is THAT!?"
I just told her it was a very clean diamond & did not go into the details we at PS love so much. If she had said "beautiful diamond!" that would have been one thing - but to ask what it was... :lol:

Get that camera & take more photos! The inspiration would be great.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results