shape
carat
color
clarity

Needing serious setting help.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My ACA .89 arrived last night and it's fabulous. I'm so excited. Finally! closure on a diamond choice and now anxious to wear it.
I will either get a minimal setting like these and get that diamond on my finger ASAP... vatche-felicity-solitaire-engagement-ring-in-18k-white-gold_gi_1533_th.jpg etoile-du-coeur-solitaire-engagement-ring-in-18k-white-gold_gi_1473_th.jpg
or go wild and get something fun like this and wait it out [I really have a soft spot for floral rings]... shopping3.jpg
rragio-eng-0356-classico-split-shank-halo-solitaire-engagement-ring-in-18k-white-gold_gi_11013_f.jpg
In the first instance I wonder if 4 or 6 prongs is best? Some say under one carat, 4 prongs, others say 6 prongs is safer and looks better.
In the second instance - would I be nuts to spend so much on a setting for a diamond that is not "big"? Will the diamond look big enough to balance out with the halo?

Thanks for any help. This is the beginning of getting a handle on settings, so I'm kind of scattered.
I got the stone "so right" that I want the setting to be just as perfect. I am torn between a setting that highlights the stone and a setting that has a wow factor. Not sure the ACA needs any enhancement and not trying to make it look bigger.
I know only I can decide, but talking it over with you guys will help a lot with the process.

redroze

Shiny_Rock
I would do the first floral halo setting...looks beautiful and I love halos on diamonds under a carat, as long as they're delicate halos and that setting is.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The ritani. Ritani is so well made. I had looked at that second one when I first first started shopping but I wasn't happy with the quality.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks!
I had heard that one brand was better quality than the other.

and thank you for pointing out that delicate is better to showcase a not-so-large stone. I went to look at Ritani settings last week and delicate was the first thing that came to mind.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I would go wild with the third one. So pretty.

First one is boring
Second one is blocky (not elegant)
Fourth one is nice but third one is nicer

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CharmyPoo|1396099004|3643354 said:

First one is boring
going wild, yes!
I just found this one. It's about $1500 less than the one with a pave shank, but it does look a bit higher, which I'm not sure I like as well. 1289512691_1rz2536br__1__2265.jpg

It would be going wild for me to spend 3600 on a setting! but maybe that's OK :lol:

oh...and lastly... then there are these....they have 'way too much structure/metal going on underneath for me, but I love the top views.

92_2.png alexa_vatche.png

tweeter8177

Brilliant_Rock
I really like #3. I actually love #4, but I think the halo looks chunky. I like that it kind of has the solitaire look with the plain shank but the split shank and halo add some pizazz!! How about custom made? :lol:

Congrats on your new stone!!! I would love to see an ACA in person!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
tweeter8177|1396100985|3643369 said:
I really like #3. I actually love #4, but I think the halo looks chunky. I like that it kind of has the solitaire look with the plain shank but the split shank and halo add some pizazz!! How about custom made? :lol:

Thanks! and thanks for your thoughts.
custom made - oh boy...the slippery slope! Might be fun to investigate, though.
I am really sold on super-ideals There are so many beautiful diamonds out there, but my eye really loves the 2 ACA's I've seen. I'm sitting here at the kitchen window in overcast morning light and the stone looks intense the way many diamonds do only in jewelry store lighting.

Perhaps I have a custom setting in my future - - - and you have an ACA =)

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Instead of finding ready made, I would actually consider contacting Engagement Rings Direct for a custom piece. I always like halos to fit perfectly around the diamond. You may be surprised by the price. ERD has been making such fantastic CAD/CAST pieces.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Charmy, bling overload. thank you!!! Favorites are Ericka's and the SS.

I have heard great things about EGD.
Wow, I thought finding the diamond was "almost the end of the story", but I can see that there more fun [obsessing] to come.
Yippee! I'm getting just what I needed from you guys - positive enablement! :lol:

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne|1396102761|3643379 said:
Charmy, bling overload. thank you!!! Favorites are Ericka's and the SS.

I have heard great things about EGD.
Wow, I thought finding the diamond was "almost the end of the story", but I can see that there more fun [obsessing] to come.
Yippee! I'm getting just what I needed from you guys - positive enablement! :lol:

I say it's time to start reaching out for some quotes! I mean at the price range of the above settings you should and see what the various vendors come up with. Those rings above will still be there!

braga123

Brilliant_Rock
Go wild! I love the setting that REDROZE is having done by ERD. I think a style like that will work beautifully with your stone.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
A bit crazier design. I just picked this up for a friend and it is gorgeous. I got soooo many compliments.

jayring.jpg

teobdl

Brilliant_Rock
Love love love the Verragio.

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
CharmyPoo|1396112647|3643453 said:
A bit crazier design. I just picked this up for a friend and it is gorgeous. I got soooo many compliments.

jayring.jpg

Wow. Who made this? It is beautiful!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CharmyPoo|1396112647|3643453 said:

jayring.jpg

wow! that's a super-ring - great inspiration!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
teobdl|1396114498|3643460 said:
Love love love the Verragio.

ah! a vote for the verragio! I've been looking at that setting for a long time. I love the little insignia flower w/diamond under the main stone.
I really want to have a prong setting so I can see a little more of the diamond, and a couple of the settings here have that.
I've been drawing pictures to send to ERD to get a quote.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I found a style I like at JC Blackburn, but have no idea of quality or cost or who would set it.
Perhaps I could have this one made: jc_blackburn.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne|1396128582|3643548 said:
I found a style I like at JC Blackburn, but have no idea of quality or cost or who would set it.
Perhaps I could have this one made: jc_blackburn.jpg

Singlestone and Beverley K made rings similar to this one. BK will be more reasonably priced.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now for the Single Stone rounds:

_16343.jpg

_16344.jpg

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For some reason I couldn't post on PS for the last hour - my message was : thanks!, DS...it just keeps getting better & better!

[and then it got even better :lol: ]

you are on a ROLL tonight! bling heaven.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CharmyPoo|1396099004|3643354 said:

First one is boring

Yup!! what she said ^

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1396138455|3643593 said:

Wow! I really love this first one. :love:

I don't think she wants to bezel her stone though...

DS do you know what $$ SS settings start at. Ballpark?

tweeter8177

Brilliant_Rock
Jimmianne|1396102152|3643373 said:
tweeter8177|1396100985|3643369 said:

Thanks! and thanks for your thoughts.
custom made - oh boy...the slippery slope! Might be fun to investigate, though.
I am really sold on super-ideals There are so many beautiful diamonds out there, but my eye really loves the 2 ACA's I've seen. I'm sitting here at the kitchen window in overcast morning light and the stone looks intense the way many diamonds do only in jewelry store lighting.

Perhaps I have a custom setting in my future - - - and you have an ACA =)

I think you would be surprised on how reasonable ERD is for CADs! Hopefully I will be able to give a positive review for them in a couple if weeks!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy|1396152023|3643629 said:

Gypsy,
I :love: super affordable! How is the quality on BK?
8wr1181cddm_1.jpg
I absolutely love this - the way the shank connects to those little circles. It's a clever design. I'm now looking to see if I can find photos from other angles.
I'm not clear how to go about this and have tried to research...how do I get a WF diamond into a BK setting? Do you know if WF would do it? I've read that Pearlman's would. Any info is appreciated.

[I enjoyed the idea of a custom setting and sat making drawings too much yesterday, but I think it would be more stress than I want to take on - you know - that perfection thing. Finding the diamond was enough for me :lol: ]

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
hathalove|1396139316|3643603 said:
diamondseeker2006|1396138455|3643593 said:

Wow! I really love this first one. :love:

I don't think she wants to bezel her stone though...

DS do you know what $$ SS settings start at. Ballpark?
Thanks for taking care of me hatha : )
are you getting setting fever too? This thread will do that!

I just googled "floral halos" and OMG, what a feast.

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne|1396182069|3643673 said:
Gypsy|1396152023|3643629 said:

Gypsy,
I :love: super affordable! How is the quality on BK?
8wr1181cddm_1.jpg
I absolutely love this - the way the shank connects to those little circles. It's a clever design. I'm now looking to see if I can find photos from other angles.
I'm not clear how to go about this and have tried to research...how do I get a WF diamond into a BK setting? Do you know if WF would do it? I've read that Pearlman's would. Any info is appreciated.

[I enjoyed the idea of a custom setting and sat making drawings too much yesterday, but I think it would be more stress than I want to take on - you know - that perfection thing. Finding the diamond was enough for me :lol: ]

Yes they will. AND you get a PS discount. :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results