shape
carat
color
clarity

need your expertise on 2+ carat ring setting -thin band!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

loofabear

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone!

I have been lurking on this site for the past few weeks, and I gotta say that there is such a wealth of information here! My bf and I have been shopping for rings, but I think we will definitely be buying the stone online. We have a budget of around 22K, and was wondering if you all had some suggestions for a ring setting for a 2+carat stone.

I''m looking for something with a thin band. My finger size is 5.25. I think I have been through all of the "show me the ring" folder (so addicting!! great eye candy!) I saw a really beautiful setting by precision set that looks thin and tapers towards the rock that i just love, but the setting is just a bit high for me. do you all have any suggestions?? Thanks for your help!!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
hi loofa, welcome!
35.gif

what kind of setting are you looking for? sidestones, pave, etc? have you checked out the ritani endless love? i believe it''s one of the thinnest at 1.7mm (and would make a 2ct rock look ginormous!!!). i also love the whiteflash legato. those both have micropave. very delicious. as far as anything else, sorry i can''t be much help, i''ve only had eyes for those two for now!!!
3.gif

good luck in the search!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
check out the websites of the most popular vendors here for some ideas. pearlmans and goodoldgold carry a bunch of designers and have a ton pics. also check out Leon Mege at www.artofplatinum.com for some beautiful eye candy as well.

loofabear

Rough_Rock
thanks!! i have seen a lot the ritani settings in the threads, and they are beautiful! it''s just hard to tell what they would look like in person since i haven''t tried them on. i also love this ring, but it looks like the cathedral setting might be a little too thick for me (or it might be just the picture). I think it looks great from the top though.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/precision-set-engagement-ring.12633/

also, can someone explain the difference between shared prong, prong, and pave? i am very confused!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results