shape
carat
color
clarity

Need your advice

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kjaylou

Rough_Rock
New to the forum, just spent last few days reading and learning. While I am still catching up, I found these 3 stones within my target range. Like it? hate it? I''d love to hear from you!
Shape: A Cut Above H&A
Carat: 1.508
Color: I
Clarity: VS1
Depth: 60.3
Table: 56
Crown Angle: 34.7
Crown %: 15.2
Pavilion Angle: 40.7
Pavilion %: 42.9
Girdle: Thin to Medium
Polish: Ideal
Symmetry: Ideal
Culet: Pointed (0.3)
Fluorescence: Negligible
Measurements: 7.45-7.47X4.50

di_AGS-6782305.jpg

Carat: 1.670
Depth: 60.7
Table: 55
Crown Angle: 34.6
Crown %: 15.5
Pavilion Angle: 40.8
Pavilion %: 43
Culet: Pointed
Measurements: 7.71-7.73X4.69

di_AGS-6868310.jpg

Carat: 1.730
Depth: 60.6
Table: 55.8
Crown Angle: 34.9
Crown %: 15.4
Pavilion Angle: 40.8
Pavilion %: 43
Culet: Pointed (0.4)
Measurements: 7.80-7.82X4.73
di_AGS-6868302.jpg

P.S. How does "Fluorescence" affect a stone with I rating? I was told it could somehow adjust the yellow tone the I has, correct?

Thanks.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wouldn't give fluorescence a second thought unless it is 'strong' - in theory it would make a near colorless diamond look whiter when the light turns it on, but it really is a very subtle effect. Not much to talk about, IMO.

These three are great, of course.

If anything I'd go below VS and above I - but this is a personal choice to make. If it is right for me, it doesn't mean it is for everyone. Otherwise no I/VS would ever get sold!
31.gif

Speaking of the devil... here's one G-SI1

PS: edited to add... am I seeing things or is this indeed dead on the 'Tolkowsky ideal' ?
38.gif
(that was 53 table, 35 crown, 40.5 pavilion, girdle not mentioned / this is 54-35-40.5). Most modern ideals (AGS0, H&A, whatever goes under the top notch cut slot) have slightly deeper pavilions and lower crown angles... and larger tables.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
oooohhhhh...i like them all!
18.gif
having the idealscope images would help seal the deal, but so far i''m leaning towards the last one... such a nice size!
having blue fluorescence can help a lower color stone look more white, but as val noted, it would need to be at least ''strong'' to have any real effect. well cut stones such as these will not show as much color as the average pedestrian cuts you see in most jewelry stores. face up, you would be hard pressed to differentiate them from the colorless stones.
you won''t be dissapointed with any of them. best of luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results