shape
carat
color
clarity

Need Urgent Advice.

Titan7

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Wow, I am speechless, I would take your very well cut diamond, sell it savage what you can and let her pick the color/clarity combo she wants, within the budget, guessing it will be closure to 1ct. With $10k super Ideas like whiteflash ACA will get you a 1.01 - 1.10 ct F-VS1- VS2. You could most likey find an AGS 1 or GIA very good in F-VS1 in the 1ct size for about $7500-8500.00 There is a pretty big visual difference from 1- 1.5ct. Good luck, hopefully this was a misunderstanding and not a red flag.

alamana

Shiny_Rock
mrs-blop|1451325186|3967383 said:
However, there is a basic standard of good manners that can be prescribed and at which this young lady failed miserably. We can make all the allowances in the world, but in the final analysis, being disappointed doesn't make it ok to have a hissy fit in response to one's fiancee offering her the best ring he could afford. That speaks to a level of self-indulgence incompatible with happy marriage. Nor does being broken hearted allow one to throw oneself into the arms of one's parents, opening the door for group criticism of one's intended.

Being upset doesn't allow you to make miserable the people you are supposed to love - regardless of how badly they've unintentionally failed you. And the jury is still out on whether she has been failed at all.

Do I think he should chuck the relationship on the basis of this? No. I think compromise should be attempted - along with kindness and respect, as I mentioned previously. But that kindness and respect had better run both ways or the person giving-but-not-getting is in for a life of misery. And then i do indeed think walking away is warranted.

+1 to all of this.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Oh dear--a no win situation for sure. :((

Mrs-Blop makes some good points.

The reaction of the young lady was childish at best--sounds like it is generic. :saint: Unfortunately, the family "pile on" undermines the decisions made by the OP...and that might be a challenge to overcome.

If any fault can be attributed to the OP is that he is not a mind reader--for sure, he didn't see this coming. :((

cheers--Sharon

gr8leo87

Shiny_Rock
Before paying too much attention to everybody's opinion of 'red flags' on an internet forum where you can't even know anyone's real name (for whatever reasons) - just sit down with her and talk. And explain to her that SI is not bad - it may be worth sending the stone to EGL - it will explain to her that a piece of paper is only just that - a piece of paper.

At the end it's your life - your love - your engagement - your marriage. It's easier to say I see red flags, I'd reconsider - on an online forum - on another virtual person's real life. While it is distateful to judge an expensive beautiful gift by clarity grades - it is much more heartbreaking for her your reconsiderations - the problem doesn't here seems to be her - it's the parents - talking is the way to go.

All the best. Losing out 25% on buy back would be ridiculous - on a gorgeous diamond just because of grading. EGL is your friend.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results