shape
carat
color
clarity

Need Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Hi, all. I need suggestions for what to do with my engagement ring. I have a .97 princess that I received from my husband 5 years ago. He picked it out by himself with no diamond knowledge at all from a mall jeweler. It is okay in quality, H, SI2, and has some sparkle, but not as much as I would like:) Also, I''ve never really *loved* the setting. It is platinum with small baguettes, pretty but just really doesn''t do anything for me. Anyway, for our 5 year anniversary, I am upgrading to around a 2ct RB. I want to keep my origional for senimental purposes, but my question is, what do you think I should do with it? Here are my thoughts so far...making it into a pendant. Either a regular pendant or possibly a thin halo pendant because I already have a .97 round pendant that I wear all the time, so that would be dressier for special occasions. Another option is to have a 3 stone princess cut ring made to wear as a rhr, but not sure about spending loads of $$ on another setting when the diamond is just okay. Any thoughts? Thanks:) Stephanie
1.gif

treysar

Brilliant_Rock

Oh, how exciting!! J

I would do a halo, but hang the diamond so that the corners face up down left right – you know, on an angle.

I would post an example pic, but I haven’t figured out how to do that the new way yet!!

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
How about commemorating your 5th with this stone too?
36.gif
You can make it a RHR by using a 5 stone ring design! Like a 3 stone or a truffle style. So when ever you look down at this ring you can count the stones and remember...your 5th. You could stair step the stones in graduated size. This would be an option to help the keep the price low (by using the smaller stones I mean).

OR-The other princess stones could be color stones to keep the price down. Look at the Bellari line and notice how different shades are used to make a graduated rainbow effect. If you like blues you could use a medium shade of blue topaz for the bottom pair...and then go on to a lighter faint shade of topaz or aquamarine...and then the center stone is your white diamond. Or greens...oooh what about 2 shades of yellows like a canary diamond? Ooo, I like the yellow idea. Some love the pink diamonds...that is an option...me I lean towards the yellow. Again make it two shades and two different sizes growing to the center stone.

OR-Why not have that princess embedded into a band and use it for a wedding band or a safe stone size travel ring? You could put this one in the middle...leave the rest plain, or again add 4 more stones to equal the 5th. Using the graduated size pair idea again. The stones would be seperated by a distance of half the width of your stone.

OR-Do you like to wear a bangle bracelet? That stone would be great embedded into a simple elegant bangle. (look at the Hot Diamond line for inspiration).

OR-I like the idea of setting the stone on a corner if you make a pendant (if that is what treystar was suggesting). You could make it a dangle with micro pave type loupe. I have a pendant that is sterling with a cz...but it is a bezel set slider. It is also a princess. The bezel is not real narrow and it reminds me of a picture frame. The metal is beveled or mitered just like a picture frame. I maybe able to photograph it. I think it may be about one carat. Oh maybe it is an asscher...I dont'' recall right now. It sure gets the compliments.

Or- one more thing...don''t care for this one at all.....a tie tack for your hubby? Or a band for him? I know I know once we get our diamonds we don''t give our diamonds away
32.gif
...forgive me. I fell today and the knot on my head is enlarging.
16.gif
Can''t be held responsible for that last one, little woozy.

DKS

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Okay, so after thinking it over, I think I have decided to make the old stone into a rhr. Does anyone know of a really delicate three stone setting with maybe .25 or .30 ctw. for the sidestone? Thanks for all of your wonderful suggestions so far!
17.gif

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
When you say three stone...delicate... are you wanting something antique looking...more modern...or just really simple and narrow in design?

Are color stones out? You want all diamonds? You have done baguettes...so are you thinking of a different shape?

Tell us...

DKS

jayreneepea

Brilliant_Rock
Something like this would look great!

But, if you decide on a three stone, I like the look of trillions on the sides.

123987.jpg

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
That is very pretty. I am thinking something simple....three stone princess with small sidestones, thin plain band....know of anything, or should I go custom. Thanks again!
1.gif

Meant to say with all three stones being princess cut. Thanks!

Molly1024

Shiny_Rock
I have no idea what size these stones are, but I like the lines on this ring- really sleek, modern, and simple.

3s-2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results