shape
carat
color
clarity

Need (quick if possible!) opinions on two diamonds

Diamanta

Rough_Rock
So, I sadly ended up returning. I was back and forth, since it really is very, very pretty, but it wasn't mind-clean enough for me, too my own surprise. Silly perhaps, however diamonds are an emotional experience (for me) and should only spark joy.

I did however learn from the experience-
1. I prefer a higher colour (F was lovely)
2. I need very eye-clean/mind-clean, at least no black inclusions
3. A well cut diamond with great fire is what I am looking for, the sparkle on this one was lovely but I did wish it was a bit more fire-y
4. Returning overseas is a stressful experience (though WF customer service was excellent, they really did their outmost to help, can truly recommend).

But, back to searching. Thus, looking for 0.7 ct or bigger MRB, high G or over, and VS2 (and on the clean side) or higher. Budget cap around $2800. JA has a lot of options, but very few has idealscopes unfortunately.

Sidenote - since I am in Europe I have also been looking at 77diamonds as someone did in another thread. However, their prices are generally higher and pics worse (and their H&A and ASETs for their "Cupid Ideal" were sample images! I looked at the actual AGS cert for one of them, and ASET was NOT as nice!). So ruled them out.

I am in no hurry, would rather wait and have something that makes me feel completely satisfied than rush.
Any opinions on this one for instance (no IS, so for me very hard to judge)?:

Any help would be much appreciated!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So, I sadly ended up returning. I was back and forth, since it really is very, very pretty, but it wasn't mind-clean enough for me, too my own surprise. Silly perhaps, however diamonds are an emotional experience (for me) and should only spark joy.

I did however learn from the experience-
1. I prefer a higher colour (F was lovely)
2. I need very eye-clean/mind-clean, at least no black inclusions
3. A well cut diamond with great fire is what I am looking for, the sparkle on this one was lovely but I did wish it was a bit more fire-y
4. Returning overseas is a stressful experience (though WF customer service was excellent, they really did their outmost to help, can truly recommend).

But, back to searching. Thus, looking for 0.7 ct or bigger MRB, high G or over, and VS2 (and on the clean side) or higher. Budget cap around $2800. JA has a lot of options, but very few has idealscopes unfortunately.

Sidenote - since I am in Europe I have also been looking at 77diamonds as someone did in another thread. However, their prices are generally higher and pics worse (and their H&A and ASETs for their "Cupid Ideal" were sample images! I looked at the actual AGS cert for one of them, and ASET was NOT as nice!). So ruled them out.

I am in no hurry, would rather wait and have something that makes me feel completely satisfied than rush.
Any opinions on this one for instance (no IS, so for me very hard to judge)?:

Any help would be much appreciated!

I am sorry the diamond didn't work for you. You might want to consider VS1 stones too if the clarity is an important part of the diamond. As far as sparkle and fire, you won't get much better than a branded super ideal cut diamond such as the one from Whiteflash. Fire also depends on the lighting situation you are in so always bear that in mind. I hope you find the diamond that makes your heart sing!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry to hear that :(

You won't find a diamond with more sparkle than wf, so I'm not sure how to help with that. But happy to look on other sites for alternatives. I'm not seeing much on JA right now. The one you found is promising, but given that returns are a pain for you overseas I'd want to be sure

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
I’m order to help your search, what wasn’t mind clean for you? I ask because the WF diamond seems to meet all of your above criteria.

Your perfect stone is out there!

Last edited:

Diamanta

Rough_Rock
Sorry to hear that :(

You won't find a diamond with more sparkle than wf, so I'm not sure how to help with that. But happy to look on other sites for alternatives. I'm not seeing much on JA right now. The one you found is promising, but given that returns are a pain for you overseas I'd want to be sure

No I'm sure it's probably more about lighting like MissGotRocks pointed out, and the brilliance was amazing.
Oh, so nice of you! Yes it looks "good on paper" at least - of course I could be lucky and it's great, in the end I might order and take my chances, but since there is no rush I thought a bit of looking around would be good.

Last edited:

Diamanta

Rough_Rock
I’m order to help your search, what wasn’t mind clean for you? I ask because the WF diamond seems to meet all of your above criteria.

Your perfect stone is out there!

It has a dark crystal just on the edge of the table, insignificant but just bothered me. Like I say, probably a bit silly, but I realized I would always be "looking for it" somehow, if that makes sense.

Diamanta

Rough_Rock
Oooo here's a solid one! Brian gavin is as strict about cut as WF.

D color but SI1 clarity. There aren't any black inclusuosn and I know it would be eye clean *for me*, but obviously people differ a lot in that way:

I looked at the E, it looks very nice indeed. It does have some inclusions on the table but pretty light/white I think? And fluor probably isn't a problem with BGD?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I looked at the E, it looks very nice indeed. It does have some inclusions on the table but pretty light/white I think? And fluor probably isn't a problem with BGD?

Nope, no issue w fluor here. Esp because it's medium. And the inclusions all are white so I don't think you'll see anything IRL

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
If it helps, inclusions are how you know it’s a natural diamond! They are the fingerprint of your stone!!!

Diamanta

Rough_Rock
Hi again guys, what are your thoughts on this one?

The cert is from 2021, JA rep couldn't quite say why but said it wasn't a trade in (I wouldn't mind if it was, as long as they check it before sending), so therefore wonder if you see any red flags that I am too inexperienced to see?

I like colour and clarity and size is ok, so yeah, cut is the question :)

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi again guys, what are your thoughts on this one?

The cert is from 2021, JA rep couldn't quite say why but said it wasn't a trade in (I wouldn't mind if it was, as long as they check it before sending), so therefore wonder if you see any red flags that I am too inexperienced to see?

I like colour and clarity and size is ok, so yeah, cut is the question :)

I like this one!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks! Just realized it has medium fluor, a bit hesistant buying unvetted.

You're hanging on too tight. This is a beautiful diamond. Medium fluro means nothing to performance. And there's still a LOT of debate as to whether *any* level of fluro makes *any* difference to *any* diamond. But - medium fluro? Definitely not.

Proceed with confidence.

Diamanta

Rough_Rock
You're hanging on too tight. This is a beautiful diamond. Medium fluro means nothing to performance. And there's still a LOT of debate as to whether *any* level of fluro makes *any* difference to *any* diamond. But - medium fluro? Definitely not.

Proceed with confidence.

Thank you mrs-b!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results