shape
carat
color
clarity

Need opinions on this princess

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

trentfrog

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone

I need to decide on this princess very soon. Could you tell me your opinion on this princess. I just have the cert at this point but I wanted to know if it was worth getting the vendor to bring it in so they could conduct an idealscope, aset etc. I think it could be pretty good but I need some other opinions on the colour, clarity depth, table etc. Any good?

Attachments

• ideal search.pdf
    75 KB · Views: 34

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi trent,

I can''t quite read the depth, table and other measurements on the attached file, could you post them for me please?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/11/2009 8:19:56 AM
Author: Stone-cold11
Lorelei, here is the AGSL reportcheck http://www.agslab.com/reportTypes/pdqdf.php?StoneID=0009320110&Weight=0.958&D=1

I think it looks good on the table and depth, 2 chevrons cut should see larger virtual facets than most princess cut. G VS2 is a sweet spot, no worry there.
Thank you SC, its my old eyes at fault here! I will take a look...

Trent, it looks promising on paper and G VS is a nice colour and clarity combo so I would think it is worth further evaluation.

trentfrog

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/11/2009 8:42:31 AM
Author: Lorelei

Lorelei, here is the AGSL reportcheck http://www.agslab.com/reportTypes/pdqdf.php?StoneID=0009320110&Weight=0.958&D=1

I think it looks good on the table and depth, 2 chevrons cut should see larger virtual facets than most princess cut. G VS2 is a sweet spot, no worry there.

Trent, it looks promising on paper and G VS is a nice colour and clarity combo so I would think it is worth further evaluation.
Thanks so much for your advice guys. I think this might be a winner. I´ll keep you posted.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Ditto - an AGS0 G/VS2 should be really nice, and it's a great size that's hard to come by (looks like 1ct but avoids the price premium). We say don't pick princesses by the numbers, but AGS0 is a pretty reliable indicator of princess cut quality. This is the closest I would come to picking a princess sight unseen...of course you're going to see it, but it's a pretty safe bet all around.

ETA: Stone-cold, how do you know it's a 2-chevron cut? I don't see an inclusion plot on the link or anything that suggests the chevron pattern...am I missing something?

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/11/2009 11:24:41 PM
Author: jstarfireb
Ditto - an AGS0 G/VS2 should be really nice, and it''s a great size that''s hard to come by (looks like 1ct but avoids the price premium). We say don''t pick princesses by the numbers, but AGS0 is a pretty reliable indicator of princess cut quality. This is the closest I would come to picking a princess sight unseen...of course you''re going to see it, but it''s a pretty safe bet all around.

ETA: Stone-cold, how do you know it''s a 2-chevron cut? I don''t see an inclusion plot on the link or anything that suggests the chevron pattern...am I missing something?

It is on the report pdf uploaded by trent.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Oh I see...didn''t check that, just clicked the link.

trentfrog

Rough_Rock
style="WIDTH: 99%; HEIGHT: 255px">Date: 4/11/2009 5:28:27 PM
Author: trentfrog

Thanks so much for your advice guys. I think this might be a winner. I´ll keep you posted.

So what exactly does the 2 chevrons cut mean. Is that good?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/13/2009 4:04:25 PM

style="WIDTH: 99%; HEIGHT: 255px">Date: 4/11/2009 5:28:27 PM

So what exactly does the 2 chevrons cut mean. Is that good?
This thread explains, it is really a matter of personal preference.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/how-the-number-of-chevron-facets-change-the-character-of-a-princess-cut.53052/

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results