Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Need opinions on this princess

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

trentfrog

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone

I need to decide on this princess very soon. Could you tell me your opinion on this princess. I just have the cert at this point but I wanted to know if it was worth getting the vendor to bring it in so they could conduct an idealscope, aset etc. I think it could be pretty good but I need some other opinions on the colour, clarity depth, table etc. Any good?

Attachments

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi trent,

I can''t quite read the depth, table and other measurements on the attached file, could you post them for me please?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/11/2009 8:19:56 AM
Author: Stone-cold11
Lorelei, here is the AGSL reportcheck http://www.agslab.com/reportTypes/pdqdf.php?StoneID=0009320110&Weight=0.958&D=1

I think it looks good on the table and depth, 2 chevrons cut should see larger virtual facets than most princess cut. G VS2 is a sweet spot, no worry there.
Thank you SC, its my old eyes at fault here! I will take a look...

Trent, it looks promising on paper and G VS is a nice colour and clarity combo so I would think it is worth further evaluation.

trentfrog

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/11/2009 8:42:31 AM
Author: Lorelei

Lorelei, here is the AGSL reportcheck http://www.agslab.com/reportTypes/pdqdf.php?StoneID=0009320110&Weight=0.958&D=1

I think it looks good on the table and depth, 2 chevrons cut should see larger virtual facets than most princess cut. G VS2 is a sweet spot, no worry there.

Trent, it looks promising on paper and G VS is a nice colour and clarity combo so I would think it is worth further evaluation.
Thanks so much for your advice guys. I think this might be a winner. I´ll keep you posted.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Ditto - an AGS0 G/VS2 should be really nice, and it's a great size that's hard to come by (looks like 1ct but avoids the price premium). We say don't pick princesses by the numbers, but AGS0 is a pretty reliable indicator of princess cut quality. This is the closest I would come to picking a princess sight unseen...of course you're going to see it, but it's a pretty safe bet all around.

ETA: Stone-cold, how do you know it's a 2-chevron cut? I don't see an inclusion plot on the link or anything that suggests the chevron pattern...am I missing something?

Stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/11/2009 11:24:41 PM
Author: jstarfireb
Ditto - an AGS0 G/VS2 should be really nice, and it''s a great size that''s hard to come by (looks like 1ct but avoids the price premium). We say don''t pick princesses by the numbers, but AGS0 is a pretty reliable indicator of princess cut quality. This is the closest I would come to picking a princess sight unseen...of course you''re going to see it, but it''s a pretty safe bet all around.

ETA: Stone-cold, how do you know it''s a 2-chevron cut? I don''t see an inclusion plot on the link or anything that suggests the chevron pattern...am I missing something?

It is on the report pdf uploaded by trent.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Oh I see...didn''t check that, just clicked the link.

trentfrog

Rough_Rock
style="WIDTH: 99%; HEIGHT: 255px">Date: 4/11/2009 5:28:27 PM
Author: trentfrog

Thanks so much for your advice guys. I think this might be a winner. I´ll keep you posted.

So what exactly does the 2 chevrons cut mean. Is that good?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/13/2009 4:04:25 PM

style="WIDTH: 99%; HEIGHT: 255px">Date: 4/11/2009 5:28:27 PM

So what exactly does the 2 chevrons cut mean. Is that good?
This thread explains, it is really a matter of personal preference.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/how-the-number-of-chevron-facets-change-the-character-of-a-princess-cut.53052/

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Our Favorite Jewels from the 2021 Golden Globes
    Our Favorite Jewels from the 2021 Golden Globes
    Paris Hilton is Engaged
    Paris Hilton is Engaged
    Diamonds and Jewelry - Recommended Reads, Part 2
    Diamonds and Jewelry - Recommended Reads, Part 2

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.