shape
carat
color
clarity

Need opinions: is this diamond mounted crooked?

Lane03

Rough_Rock
Very upsetting that this happened from this vendor. I think it's fairly obvious who it is based on the box and that this vendor doesn't sell Scott Kay rings (unless of course the box isn't the box it was shipped to you in). Accidents can and will happen, but how they are handling it is the big concern. Glad to hear the ring vendor is trying to make things right.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good one Scott Kay! That's wonderful that they are willing to look into this further. I'm in Canada and shipping to the US can be a bit of an issue. I'd urge you to continue to pursue this - you are making progress and you want your gorgeous ring to be one that you are happy to wear and proud to show off. There could be warranty issues if it is done local vs back to the ring vendor.

So the hold up is with diamond vendor, is that right? And you have to ship back to them first, before it can get to the setting place? Is that for insurance purposes from diamond vendor? Is there any chance ring can speak to diamond vendor and work thru a simpler plan for you - the end consumer? I guess I'm losing that part of the plan, but as long as you are up to speed, that's all that matters!!

Good luck - I'm hoping it goes much smoother from here on in!

loggedout

Rough_Rock
Well the ring is made by Scott Kay but I purchased the ring from a third-party vendor. I will have to figure out if I can just send the ring back to them directly, that would be a whole lot easier. My concern is getting double-charged on the customs, which is why I think I need to go through the diamond vendor who are the ones that sent the entire package to me.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
I *THINK* that if you have the customs paper work for the ring coming over the border, and this is just a ship back to repair, it may be enough to get it back without paying again. Can you call CRA or CBS if you live in Canada and ask that question? If you explain the situation, they are the right ones to advise you how to not pay a second time. Worth a call!

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

I want to reiterate that a stone setter that feels no obligation to notify the customer of a problem with the setting is one I would never deal with. BGD is off my list for any future purchases.

Shame on them!

Annette

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CharmyPoo|1348235406|3272187 said:
I think at bare minimum - BGD should refund the money of the setting job. If they told the customer and the customer insisted that go ahead .. that is a different story. It doesn't sound like that happened here.

Yep.

They're off my list too, smitcompton.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is a hard one.

I do think that the setting vendor should have caught it. But they didn't and now they are making that up to you.
So the question becomes-- what is the duty of the setter to the customer? Well they were paid for the setting service. To me that creates a duty on their part to inform the customer of any issues that may affect that. I think in this case the setter, BGD, had a duty to inform the customer-- preferably with a picture that the head of the setting was crooked and that it would result in the stone being tilted. They didn't do that. They set it and sent it to the customer and this was an international purchase where shipping fees are costly.

I like BGD and have a great relationship with them. But in this case I think they should pay a portion of the shipping. If they had just called/emailed the customer when they saw the issue (with a picture to back it up), the I would say... not their fault, why should they pay shipping? But since they didn't and they compounded the problem by not informing and setting the diamond in a faulty setting, then shipping it that way overseas, I think they should be responsible for their part of this mess.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results