shape
carat
color
clarity

Need opinion on Ering with ASETs

RingzNoob

Rough_Rock
Hi all,
My search for an engagement ring is winding down, I'm narrowing down to this diamond which fits my criteria. It's a 2.0 H with an HCA of 1.4. To my untrained eyes, it's not an ideal/perfect cut as the arrows are a bit misaligned and there's some really minor leakage at bottom of the table. But considering all the different parameters, and all the other diamonds I've seen it seems to perform reasonably well and fits within my budget. It was also recommended and examined by one of the trusted PS jewelers.

What's your take?

Attached are the images: ASET_black_01.jpg ASET_white-01.jpg IdealScope-01.jpg Officelight black-01.jpg Officelight Gray-01.jpg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you have an IRL photo of the stone? I can guess who it's from, and I trust that vendor. But it looks pretty included from those pics, but it might be eye clean in real life.

What are the specs? Angles, etc?

RingzNoob

Rough_Rock
Here's an image of it, yes the clarity is lower than what I was hoping for, but I was assured it was eye clean by the jeweler, who has it on hand and took pics and videos of it. BTW, which image were you able to see the inclusions from with the original set of pictures?

Specs: H SI2 2.0 Triple Ex
GIA Of course.
8.06 x 8.08 x 4.98mm

Table: 56.7%
Depth: 61.9%
Crown Angle: 33.7 degrees
Pavilion Angle: 41.1 degrees
Crown Height: 13.9 degrees
Pavilion Depth: 43.5 degrees
Girdle Thickness: 2.3-3.0

diamond_pic.jpeg

What do you think?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it has potential. Can the jeweler take a picture of it on hand, or is he ordering it from overseas?

RingzNoob

Rough_Rock
He has it on hand, and took a video and pic of it. I haven't figured how to extract it properly yet, but will try and upload. Here's another image from what I got from him, I'm sure you recognize how to read it:
ha.png

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
He has it on hand, and took a video and pic of it. I haven't figured how to extract it properly yet, but will try and upload. Here's another image from what I got from him, I'm sure you recognize how to read it:
ha.png
If you upload a video to YouTube you can post the link here.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I was able to get it, are you able to view it:
https://streamable.com/uhbhq
Yup, but my idiot phone is making the whole thing super low resolution. What's your budget, and did you look at other vendors prices to make sure it's reasonable? If it's who I think it is they have a good return policy if you aren't happy

RingzNoob

Rough_Rock
Bummer, I just checked on desktop and the resolution is better, if you're able to view it there at some point later.

Yes, compared to similar 'near-ideal' proportion diamonds with similar specs the price is quite reasonable. And yes, the return policy seems more than fair and accommodating and something I'd definitely take advantage of if I don't like what I see in person.

My main concern was making sure there were no obvious red flags, or "No WAY! Skip it" reactions to any of the light images, or specs that I may have not realized. I think I'm going in with a fairly good understanding of some of the trade offs, etc that I'm making.

Definitely appreciative of all the help from you in particular and this community in general during this entire process.

Venzen007

Shiny_Rock
I'd be concerned with what is going on at around 7:30 to 8 o'clock on this one (first series of pics), in terms of a structual issue. It maybe eye clean, but I'd be interested in what sort of inclusions this one has, especially in that area. Maybe one of the pros here could speak to what it looks like, since a pro I am not.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Agreed about the stuff at 7-8 o clock. Can you post the GIA report so we can see what kinds of inclusions these are?

RingzNoob

Rough_Rock
Here it is, any concerns?
Screen Shot 2019-06-14 at 1.30.31 PM.png

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm always leery about stones hitting the magic ct #. i.e, in this case 2ct. Most cutter will try to leave a few extra points (fats) on the stone in order to hit the magic ct weight. What's the girdle thickness on this stone? slightly thick?

RingzNoob

Rough_Rock
Girdle thickness is listed as "medium to slightly thick".

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results