shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help with Hearts on Fire setting and superideal

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey, I was nvr saying anything bad things about HOF, just stated what OP said about the HOF policy.

I nvr say you are HOF rep too? Just want to clarify stuff, I dun like shady stuff. :razz:

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Stone-cold11 said:
Hey, I was nvr saying anything bad things about HOF, just stated what OP said about the HOF policy.

I nvr say you are HOF rep too? Just want to clarify stuff, I dun like shady stuff. :razz:

I am trying to clarify things, too, but I can only do so through my experiences as a customer/owner. As I said, all I wanted to do was help the OP with his setting.

I didn't expect the Spanish Inquistion...
No one expects the Spanish Inquistion!!

I hope you are a Python fan :bigsmile:

seekingdiamond

Rough_Rock
Stone-cold has told me that the diamond I am looking at (link to report below) will be good. But, I spoke with Brian today and he pointed out a feather (which I hadn't noticed before). He made me comfortable with it and I was impressed he spent so long talking with me about it even though I didn't bring it up... said it is difficult to see and should be covered by a prong (but this will unfortunately cover part of his tattoo/serialization). Anyway, just wanted to see what Stone-cold or anyone else thought. Upon closer look (magnifying the PDF), the feather is much more prevalent than I would have thought. I suppose this is standard for S1 diamonds...

http://www.agslab.com/pdf_sync_reports/104045953005-PLDQR.PDF

seekingdiamond

Rough_Rock
seekingdiamond said:
Stone-cold has told me that the diamond I am looking at (link to report below) will be good. But, I spoke with Brian today and he pointed out a feather (which I hadn't noticed before). He made me comfortable with it and I was impressed he spent so long talking with me about it even though I didn't bring it up... said it is difficult to see and should be covered by a prong (but this will unfortunately cover part of his tattoo/serialization). Anyway, just wanted to see what Stone-cold or anyone else thought. Upon closer look (magnifying the PDF), the feather is much more prevalent than I would have thought. I suppose this is standard for S1 diamonds...

http://www.agslab.com/pdf_sync_reports/104045953005-PLDQR.PDF

I should note that I have no reason to doubt either Stone-cold or Brian. Just trying to wrap my head around all of this.

Sorry for the double post... can't seem to edit my own posts (?).

Thanks!

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry, I just looked at the light returns, didn't look at the clarity much as there is not really enough information out there to determine if it is eye-clean or not, durable or not. These questions should only be answer by Brian. SI1 should be fine especially if Brian said so. The prongs covering it is just going to be cosmetic?

Edit post has a time limit, think about 30mins?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My question is (before you make a final decision), do her friends and family mostly have rings in the 2 ct. range? Because this ring is going to appear larger than 2 cts. with the halo. If you are in a big city with large diamonds, this is an excellent choice! But I have a 1.63 ct. diamond and it would look waaaay to large for me to have a halo around it since I mostly am around people with 1 ct. diamonds.

And I think it is perfect to get the HOF setting with a BGD diamond! That is the smartest thing to do because his diamonds are certainly equal to or better than HOF!

This stone would still look very large in that setting on a small finger and I'd prefer VS2, personally:

http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamond/diamond-detail/?product_id=AGS-1040407590018

(Know you really weren't asking for more suggestions but I thought I'd throw it out there!)

seekingdiamond

Rough_Rock
Stone-cold11 said:
Sorry, I just looked at the light returns, didn't look at the clarity much as there is not really enough information out there to determine if it is eye-clean or not, durable or not. These questions should only be answer by Brian. SI1 should be fine especially if Brian said so. The prongs covering it is just going to be cosmetic?

Edit post has a time limit, think about 30mins?

Thanks Stone-cold. Once again you are incredibly responsive and helpful. Brian has said that the feather is only cosmetic and will not be a durability issue. He said I shouldn't worry since we can cover the feather with a prong, though I am somewhat nervous since the feather is close to the girdle. Just came back with this information in my previous post to get a second opinion to quell my neurosis... Oh and I took your suggestion and requested the hearts picture. He posted: http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamond/diamond-detail/?product_id=AGS-104045953005

diamondseeker2006 said:
My question is (before you make a final decision), do her friends and family mostly have rings in the 2 ct. range? Because this ring is going to appear larger than 2 cts. with the halo. If you are in a big city with large diamonds, this is an excellent choice! But I have a 1.63 ct. diamond and it would look waaaay to large for me to have a halo around it since I mostly am around people with 1 ct. diamonds.

And I think it is perfect to get the HOF setting with a BGD diamond! That is the smartest thing to do because his diamonds are certainly equal to or better than HOF!

This stone would still look very large in that setting on a small finger and I'd prefer VS2, personally:

http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamond/diamond-detail/?product_id=AGS-1040407590018

(Know you really weren't asking for more suggestions but I thought I'd throw it out there!)

That is a great suggestion! I have been looking at that one as well. Due to issues with the setting, 1.5ct may actually work out better (and it will probably look huge anyway as you said given the hall). A lot of her friends do or probably will have larger stones. Her sister, in particularly has a 2ct (though I know it doesn't shine like a Brian Gavin!).

Thanks everyone.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ya, saw the hearts image already. Looks good to me.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good luck and please come back and post a picture of the ring when you get it!

seekingdiamond

Rough_Rock
Thanks again to everyone for their help!

I have posted a video (albeit poor quality) of the diamond here:

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/brian-gavin-sparkle.150347/?uid=47812']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/brian-gavin-sparkle.150347/?uid=47812[/URL]

I will post pictures over the next few weeks as the ring is finalized. Hopefully I will get my sister (who is a much better photographer than I am and has a real DSLR camera vs. my camera phone) to take some glamour shots of the finished product!

AnneinGA

Shiny_Rock
WOWOWOWOWOWWOWOWOWOWOWOW
:appl:
It's stunning. Can't wait to see the setting. :)
Congrats.

w33m4n

Rough_Rock
I know this thread is really old but is there anyway someone can help me do the same thing? I really like this setting but want to put a 1ct diamond in it instead, of a 1 ct hof diamond.

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Is it true a HOF is 40 percent higher cost than an alternative premium-cut diamond? ;(

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
There has been something that has been bothering me. If someone comes to PS and his FF has picked out a setting that she loves, why do we rush to tell them to have a replica made? We have some from talented artists who are able to do the work-- for more money. We have other jewelers who may well not be able to do the job. I have seen this happen with Veraggio, HOF and Tacori settings, among others. By all means, give advice about the diamond, but let them get the setting of their dreams. I saw someone get a replica of my setting on this board. It was not well made. Are we really helping when we do this?

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Agreed, if this is someone's dream setting and they can afford it, why replicate it? Just help them find the perfect diamond :loopy:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results