shape
carat
color
clarity

need help! Princess cut e-ring w/trillions... need suggestions for wedding band!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

aliwnec10

Rough_Rock
I need some help please! Any suggestions would be great and if you have any pics to post... that''s even better!

Attached is my engagement ring... princess cut stone with trillions on the side. I''m having a very difficult time finding a wedding band that fits or looks good. My setting is very low and i''d love to have some sort of eternity or channel band. But nothing looks right with it.

One suggestion that i''ve received is to buy a 1mm plain band to wear with it and then get the band i want to to sit on the other side of it. So that way the plain band acts as a barrier and slides under my e-ring so that my wedding band sits well.

Anyone have any ideas or pictures they can post of their same e-ring with their wedding band????

3242428.jpg

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
HI!
I really like your ering. Just to get a better idea of proportions, what is the size of your center and side stones? I love getting to look for rings for people!
36.gif
36.gif

I think a thin spacer may be a good idea.

Do you want a diamond wedding band? If so, I think a princess cut band would look good. Here is one that is channel set. I also think a prong-set one would look good, I just have to find a pic!

3mmband.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ali, I LOVE your ring!!!
30.gif
Now, normally I am not a big fan of princess center stones, but I absolutely love yours with the trillions on the sides! I really don''t have any advice to give you...sophie''s suggestions are what I would have said.

aliwnec10

Rough_Rock
Thanks girls! My center stone is 1 carat and the side stones are .33 i believe. I like the channel ring you posted but the big problem i have is that my ring is set so low, most bands end up looking bigger or as big as my e-ring. Meaning they end up being the same height. Did that make sense?

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE a diamond wedding band. Preferrably an eternity band of some sort if possible.

lillei

Rough_Rock
Hi,
I was finding that I had the same problem when I was looking for a wr. I have a solitairre cathedral setting, and it seemed as though all the eternity bands I tried on were the same height as the diamond on my e-ring. Though still pretty, it''s not what I was looking for, because it covered the view of the cathedral on the one side where both rings meet. To me, it seems as though many eternity rings have a lot of unneccessary metal beneath the diamond, and therefore the wr looks tall. Are we the only two that notice that?
33.gif
Anyway, I did end up getting an eternity band; it was a custom job, but now the wr sits lower and still shows off the cathedral.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I would do the smallest possible PRONG set princess set band...you need it to be delicate...imo, the channel is lovely but too chunky and would take away from the ring....

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/13/2006 10:44:11 AM
Author: moremoremore
I would do the smallest possible PRONG set princess set band...you need it to be delicate...imo, the channel is lovely but too chunky and would take away from the ring....

Iagree...I think a prongset would go nicelt with this e-ring. I think they should be princess cuts, what do you guys think?

aliwnec10

Rough_Rock
I don''t suppose anyone has any pictures to show me what they think would be the best option???

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
are you set on wearing it with your ering? Some people I know switch their ering to the right hand and put the band on the left. I would get a princess cut prong set band. Then, you can get a very thin platinum band for times you want to put the ering back on the left hand and wear a band with it. if your fingers are both similar sizes you can switch easily. I still wear my ering on my left and my eband on the right. sometimes people think I am still engaged and not married, but I a not too concerned. Point being, if you do not need or care about wearing the together, you can wear one on each finger so each shines in its'' own right and you are not worried about it fitting properly!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Imagine this but full eternity. Half eternity is good as well though.

12514.jpg

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Hey, I had this same problem when I had that same setting & wound up going to a whole new setting that needed no band.

That said, this is a very pretty setting, and what I found trying on all types of bands was that I think I would be happiest with either a channel set princess eternity band (diamonds all the way around...even though its not an exact match..well, its diamonds all around! gorgeous!) or a custom band to sit up flush..

I think someone on here posted a band that curved oh so slightly, and it looked good.

Good luck!

Jeannine

Honeyfly

Rough_Rock
That is the setting I wanted for about 6 years, and carried a picture in my wallet!!!! Then I had the same dilemma, so now I am getting a princess solitare instead. So I really can''t help you, unless you get a custom made band it won''t sit flush with it. Good luck, I hope you find something great to go with it, I really do love it!

aliwnec10

Rough_Rock
Okay ladies and gentlemen... i have been to 5 stores in the past few days and all of them said to stay away from a prongset type band.

Did i mention i''m getting very frustrated by the whole thing. The couple of places that had something that looked ''okay'' had the smallest bands with the smalled diamonds in it. Now i''m not sure about some girls... but i wanted an extra bit of sparkle to my hand. So what do i do? I''m ready to get a different setting for my engagement ring all together, even though I LOVE IT!

Can anyone recommend someone in the diamond district?? That''s my last resort. I''ve heard good things about it, so i thought i''d try it out. They''ve got to have quite a selection right?

ndnyhagen

Rough_Rock
Ali,
Why not work on a custom designed band with a competent jeweler? They should easily be able to collaborate with you on a half-eternity band, my preference due to future sizing challenges, that molds itself around your engagement ring. I''m not sure but I think that Reese Witherspoon''s asscher e-ring may have a similar profile to yours. It appears as though her wedding ring conforms to fit that profile. (There are many pics of her ring on PS. Check out some of the Celebrity Ring postings...) Best of luck with your search, but don''t rule out a custom option for something that is uniquely "you".

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results