shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help from Experts to evaluate Idealscope and ASET image

pomchi

Rough_Rock
Hi All - I am new here. I am looking to buy 2 CT TW Diamond earnings for my wife and I have narrowed down my search to a diamond pair thru Pricescope and looking for expert advice so that I can be sure of this purchase.

Can the experts here provide me some guidance based on attached ASET and Idealscope images if there are any areas of concern? I am looking for great performing diamonds but little skeptical after receiving these pictures from the retailer. I have been trying to draw some conclusion by comparing with pictures on the internet (on whiteflash.com etc) but I am not sure if it is a fair comparison.

Can you someone please help? I will greatly appreciate.

Thanks

600_185450-aset_black__fancy_-01__3_.jpg

600_185450-idealscope-02__2_.jpg

600_185451-idealscope-01.jpg

600_185451-aset_white-01__2_.jpg

pomchi

Rough_Rock
Re: Need help from Experts to evaluate Idealscope and ASET i

Bumping thread.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I would say they are okay for earrings, but I wouldn't buy either one for a ring. Mine are from Whiteflash, and I don't regret paying for their quality. But these should be fine if that's what you want as long as diameters are very close.

fair75

Rough_Rock

I would recommend looking for better diamonds. There are many ideal-cut diamonds out there with great ideal scope/ASET scope images.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I think they look fine as long as you arent paying for super ideal cut. Can you point us to the real pictures of them? What are
you paying for them? I assume you have them on hold?

pomchi

Rough_Rock

They both are GIA XXX cut grade and have scored 1.4 and 1.9 HCA report. So I'm satisfied on specs but puzzled with the pictures. ASET images are not perfect symmetrical but how much does it matter if they are graded < 2 on HCA.

pomchi

Rough_Rock

Here are the diamond pictures

Measurements:
Diamond 1 PROPORTIONS

Depth
62.4 %
Table
56 %
Crown Angle
35.5°
Crown Height
15.5%
Pavilion Angle
40.6°
Pavilion Depth
43.0%
Star Length
55%
Lower Half
80%
Girdle
Medium to Slightly Thick, Faceted, 4.0%
Culet
None

Diamond 2 PROPORTIONS

Depth
62.4 %
Table
57 %
Crown Angle
36.0°
Crown Height
15.5%
Pavilion Angle
40.6°
Pavilion Depth
42.5%
Star Length
55%
Lower Half
80%
Girdle
Medium to Slightly Thick, Faceted, 4.0%
Culet
None

600_185450-officelight_gray-01.jpg

600_185451-officelight_gray-01.jpg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

pomchi|1470604199|4063375 said:
They both are GIA XXX cut grade and have scored 1.4 and 1.9 HCA report. So I'm satisfied on specs but puzzled with the pictures. ASET images are not perfect symmetrical but how much does it matter if they are graded < 2 on HCA.

If you are not looking (or paying) for super ideal cut stones then these should be fine. They are a little deeper then recommended.
We usually top out at 62.3 however, the aset and idealscopes look fine except for in one little area for each stone. This could be
due to 8 different crown and 8 different pavilion angles being averaged together to get 1 value for each.

If that one little area bothers you then keep looking. If it's small enough to not bother you then I think they'll be fine. These
stones are not for an engagement ring. Some people want super ideal (like ACAs or BGD). These stones are not super ideal
but I assume you are not paying that kind of price either.

You could always have them sent to you before mounted but you will have to pay to have them shipped back and forth. Might
be worth it for your piece of mind.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results