shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help finding a 2-2.5ct OEC

toofuzzy

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

My hubby just gave me the green light to start shopping an "upgrade" - in quotations because I won't actually be replacing my engagement ring... rather, this new diamond will be an addition to my collection :)

I would love to get a 2.0-2.5ct OEC. My budget is $22k max. I'm not super color sensitive (I could go as low as a K or L) but I'd love to get an OEC with a nice, symmetrical pattern.

Anyone know of reputable online or brick-and-mortar retailers with nice OECs? The only online retailer I know of is Jewels by Grace. I live in the Northeast U.S. and am willing to travel if you guys know of good B&M stores :)

Thanks in advance!

Q

Queenie60

Check out Old World Diamonds. I have read many posts where people on our forum have contacted Adam at Old World Diamonds. Good luck. :wavey:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some worth looking at...
http://www.jewelsbygrace.com/loose-diamonds/2-01-to-3-00/2-35ct-old-european-cut-diamond-gia-k-vs1#.V1WS3PkrK2w
http://www.jewelsbygrace.com/loose-diamonds/2-01-to-3-00/2-42ct-old-european-cut-diamond-gia-k-vs2#.V1WTC_krK2w
http://www.jewelsbygrace.com/loose-diamonds/2-01-to-3-00/2-41ct-old-european-cut-diamond-gia-i-vs2#.V1WTIvkrK2w over budget

I think there may be more listed soon because they were just at a show.

Check out Love Affair Diamonds too. I dont think they have anything for you right now but I think she'll have more up very soon.
(you could call and ask if you want to try to get first dibs on something).

http://www.loveaffairdiamonds.com/

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Email Erica from Love Affair Diamonds and Grace from Jewels by Grace both have just gotten a stash of new stones from JCK, so email them with the specs of what you are after and your budget and let them suggest stones for you, you might find something before it is listed for sale.

clearfading

Shiny_Rock
If you want the best cut and maximized brilliance I would definitely go with Victor Canera. They have a return policy so you can decide for yourself.
https://www.victorcanera.com
Canera European Round

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would definitely give Erica of Love Affair Diamonds a call -- she always has some really AMAZING OECs! Then, you can have Caysie of CVB (who works alongside Erica) create an exquisite setting to house your new bling! :love: :love:

I'm currently working with CVB/LAD, and both Caysie and Erica has been super easy to work with. I'm excited to see what you end up getting!! :wavey:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Adam at old world diamonds in NYC. Worth the trip. I bought mine from him and I'm in CA. You gotta look in person. OECs are all so different even two beautifully cut ones can appeal to different people.

I think brilliantly engaged may be able to source some too. They are in NYC, I think.

Lastly you need to see how the color affects your stone too. You might be surprised by what you like.

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
arkieb1|1465226942|4040768 said:
Email Erica from Love Affair Diamonds and Grace from Jewels by Grace both have just gotten a stash of new stones from JCK, so email them with the specs of what you are after and your budget and let them suggest stones for you, you might find something before it is listed for sale.

Check out Erica's instagram and facebook - she has posted quite a few stones from her recent trip to Vegas. All look very pretty!

toofuzzy

Rough_Rock
Thanks, everyone! I just reached out to Adam at Old World Diamonds about this 2.36 K VVS2 OEC (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dn-s4pXySfU). Totally drool-worthy!

Now I just need to get my hubby to come with me to NYC to look at it :)

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg that is GORGEOUS!!! What kind of setting are you thinking about? Please keep us updated on what you choose :bigsmile: :naughty: .

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
toofuzzy|1465311089|4041166 said:
Thanks, everyone! I just reached out to Adam at Old World Diamonds about this 2.36 K VVS2 OEC (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dn-s4pXySfU). Totally drool-worthy!

Now I just need to get my hubby to come with me to NYC to look at it :)

toofuzzy, if you like it, ask Adam to set it and send it to you. You will get a chance to wear it around, and live with it for a bit. I'm in CA and that is what he did for me.

I love that K, and the faceting looks really crisp and more on flowery side to me, my fave. See if he can send you a short video of it with the stone just on his hand.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was thinking about a temporary setting to see if you liked it, since you're still in the process of making a decision.

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice, lovely stone and good price.

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
Flowery and for a great price !

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous flowery facets. Does it speak to you? Do you like the videos?

toofuzzy

Rough_Rock
The pictures and video definitely speak to me. I'm just a little scared of pulling the trigger on a $17k rock (even though my hubby said it would be OK). Haven't made such a big purchase in a while!

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love that stone!! Is it still available though? I had inquired about it last week and grace said she sold it to another vendor. :confused:

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Swoon! Beautiful!!!!

toofuzzy

Rough_Rock
Bad news, JDDN is totally right. I emailed Grace and she said that it's been sold... bummer! Oh well, I'll keep searching for my perfect OEC !

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Toofuzzy....I know right?! I was all excited about it last week, lol. Did you get to see the one you posted from Oldworlddiamonds?? It looks sooo nice on the video!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
toofuzzy|1465586645|4042752 said:
Bad news, JDDN is totally right. I emailed Grace and she said that it's been sold... bummer! Oh well, I'll keep searching for my perfect OEC !

You need to put anything you post on here on hold, until you decide what to do if you can because lurkers read these posts and buy those stones all the time.

toofuzzy

Rough_Rock
Update:
I just called Adam at Old World Diamonds and put a 2.4ct K OEC on hold! YAYYYYY, I'm so excited :)

It's been a rough couple months at work (and it's shaping up to be a rough 2016), so I needed something to motivate me to keep working hard!

I know I'm jumping ahead a little, but what sort of setting would you guys recommend for an OEC?

Sagefemme

Shiny_Rock
Is Adam sending you the stone? I really think that's the best way to find out if you love the it. You want to be looking at it in YOUR kitchen and YOUR workplace and YOUR backyard. I think the setting is the hardest part. I'm still trying to nail down a setting for a stone I bought in November (it is in a temporary setting so I can wear it until the new setting is ready). If you don't have firm ideas for a setting a cheap temp might be the way to go.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results