shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help deciding on three MRBs

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Additionally, does the JA warranty for one time free ring resizing, within a year of purchase, not apply to cover resizing of the ring’s prongs and subsequent setting of an upgrade diamond free of charge? According to JA’s Q&A, it states:
No, resizing has to do with finger size...not diamond size.

“If I purchase an engagement ring and a loose diamond, do I have to pay extra to have the diamond set into the ring? Of course not!“

Are you purchasing a new setting? If yes, I dont think you have to pay to have the new stone set. If you're putting the new stone in an
old setting then there is probably a setting fee. ASK JA. Again, "ring resizing" is about finger size...not diamond size.

nichoesq

Rough_Rock
Additionally, does the JA warranty for one time free ring resizing, within a year of purchase, not apply to cover resizing of the ring’s prongs and subsequent setting of an upgrade diamond free of charge? According to JA’s Q&A, it states:
No, resizing has to do with finger size...not diamond size.

“If I purchase an engagement ring and a loose diamond, do I have to pay extra to have the diamond set into the ring? Of course not!“

Are you purchasing a new setting? If yes, I dont think you have to pay to have the new stone set. If you're putting the new stone in an
old setting then there is probably a setting fee. ASK JA. Again, "ring resizing" is about finger size...not diamond size.

Thanks tyty333. I guess the current JA rep is correct then, and supposedly the prior JA rep had mistakenly misinformed me. Wasn’t sure which of the JA reps was correct considering the mixed answers, because at least in my thinking, I agreed with the first rep and saw the one year resizing warranty with the fact that these are both JA products.

I’ll need to confirm with JA whether any potential damage to the stone during setting will be covered by them - I haven’t yet had the opportunity to insure this stone. Hopefully any potential damage is at least covered, otherwise, I wouldn’t know why I am having them set the stone rather than a local jeweler.

Last edited:

Old_Fossil

Rough_Rock
Anyone know if it’s normal for upgrades through James Allen to take around 6-8 weeks? Supposedly that is the current wait time, and i’m a bit shocked.

“We will resize your ring once for free within the first year of your purchase, including free return shipping worldwide . . . During the resize process small amounts of metal will be added or removed to increase or decrease the size as needed.“

In fact, it appears the service for free diamond setting is triggered by the purchase of a JA engagement ring and a loose diamond. The JA’s Q&A states:

Here, the above information appears to suggest that the ring resizing and the setting of the upgrade stone should be free of charge (or am I mistaken). The engagement ring and diamond, i.e., the new upgrade diamond, was purchased from JA and therefore based on the above I should not “have to pay extra to have the diamond set into the ring[.]” Further, the JA engagement ring was purchased less than a year ago and should fall within the one year period for free ring resizing, which would involve “small amounts of metal [to be] added . . . to increase . . . the size as needed.” Wouldn’t the prongs be considered part of the ring - if it was solely referring to the shank, wouldn’t it be mentioned as such?

Based on the above, or any other information on JA’s website, let me know your thoughts.

@nichoesq I am in the same boat you are with a JA exchange. I am exchanging the original main stone in an engagement ring I purchased for Christmas for a better cut stone, and they received my return in January and I am still waiting on it. I was so tired of waiting I cancelled my JA H&A stud earrings order and ordered a pair of ACA studs from Whiteflash, and both their earrings and customer service are amazing. I honestly will consider myself lucky if I receive the JA order before May.

I am in agreement with the other PSers here, in that resizing refers to the adjustments of the ring to fit the finger, not the stone.

nichoesq

Rough_Rock
@nichoesq I am in the same boat you are with a JA exchange. I am exchanging the original main stone in an engagement ring I purchased for Christmas for a better cut stone, and they received my return in January and I am still waiting on it. I was so tired of waiting I cancelled my JA H&A stud earrings order and ordered a pair of ACA studs from Whiteflash, and both their earrings and customer service are amazing. I honestly will consider myself lucky if I receive the JA order before May.

I am in agreement with the other PSers here, in that resizing refers to the adjustments of the ring to fit the finger, not the stone.

Wow that’s wild. It sounds from your experience that it’s not limited to the upgrade process but to other purchases including earrings. That’s unacceptable, it’s already been three months. Hope you get your ring soon.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Awesome congrates!!!! Thank you for the pics!!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! It looks stunning on her!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks absolutely beautiful! Love the pics - best wishes for much happiness always!

Old_Fossil

Rough_Rock
Well done @nichoesq that is a beautiful ring - nice light show! Interested to hear your thoughts on the H color, as you had some questions about color early on. In the pictures, it sure shows up icy white - any thoughts on the H color IRL? I ask as I have a JA TH on the way as well in H color, so am interested in your perceptions. You picked a winner in that 2.14 - all the best to you.

nichoesq

Rough_Rock
Well done @nichoesq that is a beautiful ring - nice light show! Interested to hear your thoughts on the H color, as you had some questions about color early on. In the pictures, it sure shows up icy white - any thoughts on the H color IRL? I ask as I have a JA TH on the way as well in H color, so am interested in your perceptions. You picked a winner in that 2.14 - all the best to you.

The H color hasn’t been an issue to me. Face up it’s white and from the side, there may be the faintest amount of warmth, if at all. It’d probably be helpful to see other stones in lower and higher color grades to get a better sense - however, maybe it’s best that we don’t lol. Overall, we’re happy.

Last edited:

Old_Fossil

Rough_Rock
The H color hasn’t been an issue to me. Face up it’s white and from the side, there may be the faintest amount of warmth, if at all. It’d probably be helpful to see other stones in lower and higher color grades to get a better sense - however, maybe it’s best that we don’t lol. Overall, we’re happy.

Thanks for the feedback. We personally have not owned an H, but I have seen plenty IRL in my search, and compared to F, G, and I, and can't really distinguish them from the face up view when mounted. The loose stones I have been able to see I was able to identify them by color, but they were next to each other on white cardboard - and the differences were very subtle, but still noticeable. But when set, was really not able to pick it up as much - the stones I saw were around the 1 ct range, and not really perceptible. The 3 ctw ACA studs we have in I color show very little warmth from the side, but very white face up - which reassures us with H color

I am (still) waiting on my JA TH exchange/upgrade, and the stone we're getting is a 3.8 H. Here is a link if you care to look. I think the main picture/video is slightly out of focus, and the IS images were taken off center. It is a 35/40.8 which the PSers here helped me navigate through the IS images and videos to see that the lowers were more like 77 and doesn't appear to have leakage under the table as is the risk with this CA/PA combo. Also has very bright backlighting on the IS images as yours did - seems to be a thing with many JA vendors. I have an ASET scope, and with pictures the PSers here will help me validate light performance - if it is leaky....back it goes. Great job with your photos.....I know it's tricky to get good ones. Your stone and setting are beautiful - good work.

Last edited:

nichoesq

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the feedback. We personally have not owned an H, but I have seen plenty IRL in my search, and compared to F, G, and I, and can't really distinguish them from the face up view when mounted. The loose stones I have been able to see I was able to identify them by color, but they were next to each other on white cardboard - and the differences were very subtle, but still noticeable. But when set, was really not able to pick it up as much - the stones I saw were around the 1 ct range, and not really perceptible. The 3 ctw ACA studs we have in I color show very little warmth from the side, but very white face up - which reassures us with H color

I am (still) waiting on my JA TH exchange/upgrade, and the stone we're getting is a 3.8 H. Here is a link if you care to look. I think the main picture/video is slightly out of focus, and the IS images were taken off center. It is a 35/40.8 which the PSers here helped me navigate through the IS images and videos to see that the lowers were more like 77 and doesn't appear to have leakage under the table as is the risk with this CA/PA combo. Also has very bright backlighting on the IS images as yours did - seems to be a thing with many JA vendors. Your stone and setting are beautiful - good work.
Wow congrats on the 3.8 ct - that’ll be a show stopper. Also, liking the LGF % at 75 with the PA 40.8 and CA 35. I’m sure if everyone here helped your decision, it’ll be amazing. Plus, that JA True H&A designation is icing on the cake.

Congrats on the upgrade!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results