shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help deciding for engagement ring

LinSF

Brilliant_Rock
I ruled out the one with fluorescence because my girlfriend works in a hospital and I was worried that she would be around lights/devices that would make it glow. I may be wrong in my thinking, but that was the reason.

I'm a flourescence lover, and the thought of her ring glowing under hospital lights is SO COOL!!! Also, being as she probably wears gloves, she may not feel comfortable wearing her ring at work depending on the height of the setting and the possibility of glove tearing and other hospital hazards.

Just things to think about.

cavalier

Rough_Rock
Update: I bought the 2.3ct. Thanks to everyone who posted and helped me.

I went back and looked at both the 2.3 and the 2.07 again yesterday. When looking at the 2.3, I determined that the feather on the pavilion is barely visible to the naked eye when you are looking for it, and only from the side with appropriate back lighting (from the side, it looks like a small nick on a pane of glass). But from the top, the feather is only visible through the loupe, and it's off to the side. The jeweler assured me that the feather is deep in the stone, doesn't reach the surface, and doesn't cross any facets, so there should be no integrity issues ever. She also said that she'll be able to set it so that the feather is hidden behind one of the prongs. So while that doesn't exactly make it "mind clean" to me, it checked all of my other boxes with regard to AGS ideal cut, GIA triple excellent, low HCA score, good size, and great sparkle, so I figured that was a good compromise in order to maintain a price level. I'm excited to see how it turns out next week.

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results