shape
carat
color
clarity

Need Expert help with 3/4 eternity ring

Q

Queenie60

bfe12928b137095a021eb67e59a78c62--selfies-comment.jpg Need some advise. What do you think about putting ten -1/2 carat OEC's on the CVB Norah band? This photo shows it with 7 stones. I'm wanting a 3/4 eternity, set in platinum. Experts please advise.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Personally I would want as much diamond coverage as possible. Even my three-quarter eternity makes me crazy because the underside always seems to be on the top!

Q

Queenie60

Personally I would want as much diamond coverage as possible. Even my three-quarter eternity makes me crazy because the underside always seems to be on the top!
Thank you - how many stones on your 3/4?

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Queenie, I am doing a similar band- Caysie's "bianca." It has 4 prongs instead of 6. My 10 OEC's are 3mm each, so a smaller look but I LOVE the idea of using 10 so you get more coverage. What size is your finger?

Q

Queenie60

Queenie, I am doing a similar band- Caysie's "bianca." It has 4 prongs instead of 6. My 10 OEC's are 3mm each, so a smaller look but I LOVE the idea of using 10 so you get more coverage. What size is your finger?
Finger size is 4-3/4. I'm considering .50 carat each stone. What does the Bianca look like?

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE it. The stones just pop. Since mine are only 3 mm and I'm using 18k yellow gold, I wanted minimal prongs showing.

il_570xN.1154597702_ruq1.jpg IMG_7046.PNG.jpeg Unknown.jpeg

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We have about the same size finger. If I did half carat stones, I'd be worried that they would feel uncomfortable next to my middle finger and pinky.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
59C1E483-D00E-4797-BE87-03D60ADCDB46.jpeg
Thank you - how many stones on your 3/4?
It's one of Caysie's and has the equivalent of 13 stones. 9 are french cuts and four are 4-diamond quatrefoils [each quatrefoil shape about the size of one diamond]

Q

Queenie60

We have about the same size finger. If I did half carat stones, I'd be worried that they would feel uncomfortable next to my middle finger and pinky.
Something to think about. This is why I started this thread. However, last October I tried a full eternity with 1/2 carat stones at IDJ while in NYC. It seemed to feel okay to me. Maybe I need to rethink the size of stones. Anyone out there have an eternity with larger stones? If so, please chime in.

Q

Queenie60

I LOVE it. The stones just pop. Since mine are only 3 mm and I'm using 18k yellow gold, I wanted minimal prongs showing.

il_570xN.1154597702_ruq1.jpg IMG_7046.PNG.jpeg Unknown.jpeg
I like this ring. I'll check it out more closely. Thank you Soxfan!

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have an eternity with half carat stones & I love it. It has a very small sizing bar in the back. At first, wearing it is a different feel due to the stones, but soon you don't notice it at all. I'd go for as much coverage as you can get, but would not do an entire eternity, leave a small sizing bar in. Have fun, no matter what you end up doing! 8-)

Custom-Eternity-Diamond-Ring-in-Platinum-by-Whiteflash_42448_f.jpg
And the pic below, is one that I took, which is terrible.
IMG_0987.jpg

Q

Queenie60

Thank you Sarahb. So this is a 6 carat ring? And, what size is your finger? And I certainly agree, need to leave space on the underside for sizing purpose. Beautiful ring!!!

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Sarahb. So this is a 6 carat ring? And, what size is your finger? And I certainly agree, need to leave space on the underside for sizing purpose. Beautiful ring!!!

@sarahb , hope you don't mind me jumping in to respond. :halo:
Fortunately, the thread on your stunning eternity is composed of digital pages; paper pages would be showing a lot of wear from my frequent thumbing through to admire your ring. :whistle:

@Queenie60 , the ring was made in size 6.5 according to the attached thread.
You might might want to get a beverage of your choice and make yourself comfortable before taking a look at this thread and the gorgeous photos of this lovely ring.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/wf-eternity-ring-arrived.181339/

Q

Queenie60

Fortunately, the thread on your stunning eternity is composed of digital pages; paper pages would be showing a lot of wear from my frequent thumbing through to admire your ring. :whistle:

You might might want to get a beverage of your choice and make yourself comfortable before taking a look at this thread and the gorgeous photos of this lovely ring.

Thank you! Yes, I went through two cups of coffee reading and admiring this ring. Brought one thing to my attention, 1/2 carat stones are fine however, they need to be set low like Sarahb's ring. This will insure a comfort level. My ring size is 4-3/4 so I will be going with 10 stones rather than 12. I will speak to Caysie about this. Wow! What a ring. And this confirms my desire for .50 stones!!!

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Queenie60 ,

I'm so excited for you and can't wait to see your eternity when its created. It will be amazing! :dance:

By the way, you might want to consider whether you'd like the diamond-free portion of the ring plain or engraved. However, with your small ring size that tiny bit of band might be too small for engraving. I've seen some photos of rings that have diamonds on one portion and then engraving on the rest, although those might have been more like half-eternities rather than three-quarters. Just a thought.

=)2

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Thank you! Yes, I went through two cups of coffee reading and admiring this ring. Brought one thing to my attention, 1/2 carat stones are fine however, they need to be set low like Sarahb's ring. This will insure a comfort level. My ring size is 4-3/4 so I will be going with 10 stones rather than 12. I will speak to Caysie about this. Wow! What a ring. And this confirms my desire for .50 stones!!!

december-fire, thank you so much! You are so sweet to post my SMTB thread. I'm somewhat self conscious about this stuff, so thank you for doing that. =)2 I have a few more pics that I took today because I keep posting the same ones over & over again. (Sorry, they are just as terrible as any other I've posted on PS.)
IMG_0731.jpg IMG_0732.jpg
Queenie60, thank you! I love this ring. & yes, the basket setting is perfect for this size stone. I see so many preferring the U prong setting, but I'd be deathly afraid of banging a stone on the girdle, its too exposed with the U prong setting IMHO. Caysie will do a terrific job, no doubt, & I cannot wait to see it finished!!

KirstLWA

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Your ring is stunning @sarahb

I have an eternity with a small sizing bar and have actually been thinking lately that I wonder if it is set as low as it could be set.

What is the height of yours off your finger?

I have 17 point princess cuts in mine, they are 3mm in size but the ring sits at 2.5mm off my finger and I wonder if this is actually not as low as it could be set. I don't know the depth of the stones though.

Interested if anyone has input into height off finger for eternities. In particular does mine seem low set or not as low as it could be.

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Krista, thank you so much for your compliment. :wavey:

I took some pics, I hope this helps.

The first pic shows the measurement (hopefully!) from the bottom to the tip of the prong. The last pic shows the band bottom to the top of the upper rung of the basket. Crude, but maybe they might help.

IMG_0757.jpg IMG_0758.jpg

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Maggie, you are so kind...thank you!! :wavey:

Q

Queenie60

Krista, thank you so much for your compliment. :wavey:

I took some pics, I hope this helps.

The first pic shows the measurement (hopefully!) from the bottom to the tip of the prong. The last pic shows the band bottom to the top of the upper rung of the basket. Crude, but maybe they might help.

IMG_0757.jpg IMG_0758.jpg
This is the most beautiful eternity band I've seen. Love the larger stones.

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You are sweet, thank you so much Queenie! How is that beautiful Q OEC getting along, I love it!! :)

Edit to add: Queenie, what are you thinking re your eternity plans? I don't see a problem with adding more stones on that band, but I'm far from an expert. What does Caysie say. I love the setting you're considering. I think it would look awesome with chunky half carat OEC's, talk about sparkle!

Last edited:

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
... the basket setting is perfect for this size stone. I see so many preferring the U prong setting, but I'd be deathly afraid of banging a stone on the girdle, its too exposed with the U prong setting IMHO.

@sarahb , your recent photos, and your previous ones, are wonderful! Please don't hesitate to share photos of your breathtaking eternity! I love seeing your ring! :love:

It was so interesting to read your comment about the basket-style setting providing more protection than the u-prong. This had never occurred to me. In reading posts about the various styles of settings, it seemed as though the discussions tended to focus on aesthetics and comfort. Thank you for bringing this up.

By the way, those pearls in the background of your photos are gorgeous. =)2

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@sarahb , your recent photos, and your previous ones, are wonderful! Please don't hesitate to share photos of your breathtaking eternity! I love seeing your ring! :love:

It was so interesting to read your comment about the basket-style setting providing more protection than the u-prong. This had never occurred to me. In reading posts about the various styles of settings, it seemed as though the discussions tended to focus on aesthetics and comfort. Thank you for bringing this up.

By the way, those pearls in the background of your photos are gorgeous. =)2

Thank you december-fire =)2 I had offered pearl pics on another post, & decided to take more pics of some of my other things instead of reposting the same old tired photos that everyone's seen 50 millions times before....:lol:

Q

Queenie60

image1 (1).jpeg Here's a photo of the ten 1/2 carat OEC stones I sourced from Adam at Old World Diamonds. Being sent to Caysie for review - and we can then begin designing my ring! Quite exciting.

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
image1 (1).jpeg Here's a photo of the ten 1/2 carat OEC stones I sourced from Adam at Old World Diamonds. Being sent to Caysie for review - and we can then begin designing my ring! Quite exciting.

It’s going to be spectacular!! I can’t wait to see the finished ring in all its glory :love:.

Maggiemeans

Shiny_Rock
Premium

Hot Damn! which emoji is the green eye of envy??
Hmm there isn't actually one.

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Oh my, those are gorgeous, how exciting!:appl:It will be spectacular no doubt! :love:

Q

Queenie60

Many thanks to all of you for your kind comments. We shall see, Caysie will look them over with a critical eye today when she receives them. Sarahb, I can't thank you enough for sharing your information about your beautiful eternity band. Your experience has helped me to decide what I truly want. Especially the comment about setting the stones low. I appreciate your expertise so very much. Thank you PS friends for always being there to help out.

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh my word Queenie, you are so very welcome!! I have no doubt you will love your new creation. :love:

I truly am such a novice at this type of thing, the thanks really should go to WF & Bob Hoskins, who held my hand the entire step of the way on that one, I had no idea what I was doing!! I'm looking forward to hearing Caysie's thoughts on your OEC's!:wavey: And of course, the big reveal!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results