shape
carat
color
clarity

Need affordable SUPER THIN, wispy, platinum bands.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I thinking of going to go this route for my wedding bands, then upgrade to the eternity bands later. Price of the bands I want right now is just out of reach with the wedding expenses. I''ll upgrade to the diamond bands on our one year... or two years.

So... where can I get some ''temporary'' stacking type bands. About 1mm-1.5 mm in platinum for the time being. If they are reasonable I''ll do two. If they aren''t... one will have to do.
2.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy, I wouldn''t buy temporary platinum anything! If you just need something temporary, get palladium or something cheap! That is money you could put toward the eternity rings!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
The wispy platinum ring guards I almost got were $1700
23.gif
... they were called "love bands" and sold by a B&M (some designer brand though -- can't recall). I think Pearlmans has some ring guards like those that I saw lately -- but think they are steep too.

ETA: Here are the ones I saw at Pearlmans but WHOOPS, they have diamonds
3.gif
They are the same SHAPE as the guards I was looking at though. Sholdt sells a wispy tapered guard like this too -- also pricey.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oooooooooooh Kay.

Temp and platinum are a no. Apparently.

Bill was looking to see if he had any of the Daniel K bands without milgrain for me... two matching ones, cause they fit my price range. But he didn''t.
7.gif

I''m not feeling the custom thing for the bands. And I love the Micheal B wisps but GOD they are expensive.

If I went to palladium I think I''d go with the eternity diamond bands. If I''m going to have metal rubbing and scratching issues, I might as well have the look I want, right?

I don''t know what to do about my wedding bands.
40.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did Ocean make your e-ring so that bands would sit relatively close?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
gypsy, why not just get one plat. eternity band to wear now and get the second band for an anniversary down the road. I agree with DS that I just wouldn''t want to waste $ on a temp band. I know wedding expenses can add up, but you are talking about your wedding band which will hold sentimental value long after much of the wedding *expenses* have disappeared. I''d really try to just figure out a way to make at least one band happen.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah. I was thinking that Ms. S. But I'd have to get something I could get again because I want identical bands, eventually. Like the Ritani endless love bands that I talked to Bill about. But I just don't like them. The metal on the outside of the diamonds of the Ritani (same thing that bugged me about the halo) bothers me.

I found the perfect band (in terms of the way the pave was set) at a local BM but it was some ridiculous designer (I've never heard of) and it was 4K for half eternity platinum band
14.gif
with 1.5 mm 0.18 carats of GH VS diamonds . So, I wasn't gonna do THAT.

I'm fine with half eternity. But I want something nice quality, either pave or shared prong... at 2 mm or less. I thought about one of these, but in relation to the Daniel K bands (1300 each), 1800 bucks each is well, not making me happy. I thought about asking Bill about the price of them in Palladium but then there's the whole different metals issue.

http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com/jewelry-designers/scott-kay-jewelry/rings/69U1/96/

SO any suggestions on a non-milgrain, non engraved band.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tiffany Novo...but they''ll run higher than the Scott Kay..but still, they''re very nice!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy, bluenile.com has plain plat. 2mm bands for $275 each...or do you HAVE to have diamonds? Sorry, I''m getting myself all confusi-fied reading this thread, LOL!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2008 12:13:32 AM
Author: monarch64
Gypsy, bluenile.com has plain plat. 2mm bands for $275 each...or do you HAVE to have diamonds? Sorry, I''m getting myself all confusi-fied reading this thread, LOL!

Perfect. Just perfect. No, no diamonds is okay. I get two, for either side of my e-ring. And that''s a price I can afford for ''temp''. Thanks Monnie!!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/4/2008 12:29:26 AM
Author: Gypsy

Date: 3/4/2008 12:13:32 AM
Author: monarch64

Perfect. Just perfect. No, no diamonds is okay. I get two, for either side of my e-ring. And that''s a price I can afford for ''temp''. Thanks Monnie!!
"No problemo" says the enabler...heeheehee.
2.gif
Glad to be of service.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
gypsy,
I actually called DK directly for pricing info a couple of months ago. they told me retail price on the band was $2400 but if I bought it from them directly it would only be $1600. I don''t have a dK dealer in my state so maybe that was part of the reason for them offering the discount, but it might be worth a try? a little more than the closeout rings but less than the scott kay...

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2008 1:47:58 PM
Author: mrssalvo
gypsy,
I actually called DK directly for pricing info a couple of months ago. they told me retail price on the band was $2400 but if I bought it from them directly it would only be $1600. I don''t have a dK dealer in my state so maybe that was part of the reason for them offering the discount, but it might be worth a try? a little more than the closeout rings but less than the scott kay...
Thanks MsS!

I just spoke to Bill about different options on the scott kay (half eternity, 3/4 so forth) so that might be doable. Bill just flat out ROCKS. I could do one before the wedding, and one after. So that would actually be really nice. Like a past present future type thing with the three rings. I''m a sap.

1600 would be great for a DK though, if I bought direct. I''m kinda liking the scott kays though. I''m waiting on Bill''s input on the quality of them though. So well see.

What are your thoughts on half eternity? It doesn''t really bother me much. My rings don''t tend to spin b/c of the shape of them and the fact that they tend to be plump (I have little bones. I used to be a 3.5, when I was a size 6 in clothing. Now I''m a 5.5 ring, and 14 clothing).

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay this is gonna sound KKKKKKKRAZIE but I woke up thinking about this this am (wack-a-doo alert!) ... and I decided that the PERFECT band for your e-ring is the smallest, thinnest Michael B LACE BAND!!

C'mon ... LACE would be PERFECTION!!!! It would have the nubby textural quality of your halo WITH smooth solid metal like your shank. It would COMPLEMENT without taking away and be RELATED without matchy-matchy.

Of course this is no "bargain" option -- unless you have luck finding a closeout one or pre-owned on Pearlmans.

RATS.

ETA: I think someone around here scored a gorgeous Lace lookalike on ebay. Maryalaina maybe?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Deco, now your just playing dirtry.
11.gif
You KNOW I have a weakeness for the Michael B Lace rings. Just the thought makes me all tingly.
37.gif
Wonder if she''ll fess up where she got her knock off- will you ask, I don''t know her very well. That could work... and I could get my matchy matchy twin bands for our anniversary still.

Bill is researching other band options for me though. I love Bill. Have I mentioned that I love Bill?

We''re getting John''s band through him, that''s already confirmed with him. I''ll place the order as soon as my tax refund comes through... but my band or bandS are still a mystery.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/3/2008 10:40:24 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Tiffany Novo...but they''ll run higher than the Scott Kay..but still, they''re very nice!
Through signed peices... yes. Retail. Cannot do it. Unfortunately.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/3/2008 8:31:31 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Did Ocean make your e-ring so that bands would sit relatively close?
Yes, As long as it''s under 2 mm in HEIGHT it will fit flush.
2.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just so you know Bev K does customs/ring to order so you probably could get one w/o engraving (maybe cheaper???) very easily. Also I would NOT get an eternity band. Too scary since you have already had changes in your finger size. I am getting a Bev K with a 4 mm sizing bar so it looks like an eternity but can be sized 2 up/2 down.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just weighed in on your invitatons, Gypsy...although you may not want to hear what I said! haha!

As young as you are, I''d recommend a sizing area, too.

Missrocks

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/3/2008 8:02:52 PM
Oooooooooooh Kay.

Temp and platinum are a no. Apparently.

Bill was looking to see if he had any of the Daniel K bands without milgrain for me... two matching ones, cause they fit my price range. But he didn''t.
7.gif

I''m not feeling the custom thing for the bands. And I love the Micheal B wisps but GOD they are expensive.

If I went to palladium I think I''d go with the eternity diamond bands. If I''m going to have metal rubbing and scratching issues, I might as well have the look I want, right?

I don''t know what to do about my wedding bands.
40.gif
Speaking of these, Ebay has a thin 0.40ct, size 6 Michael B band for 1,100. Can''t be resized though. Not bad price, considering MB raised his prices back in February, as if they weren''t intimidating enough before..
23.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2008 4:56:11 PM

Bill is researching other band options for me though. I love Bill. Have I mentioned that I love Bill?

We''re getting John''s band through him, that''s already confirmed with him. I''ll place the order as soon as my tax refund comes through... but my band or bandS are still a mystery.

Well, you know that I''m right there with you in your love an adoration for Bill. I have no doubt he''ll be able to come up with something for you...heck, look at what he managed to pull out for me..

i like the idea of the MB lace too. i don''t think going half eternity is a bad idea at all actually and like you said, if they are sized right, spinning won''t be an issue.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
So I was thinking about your situation Layla....what about sapphire bands!
30.gif
Add a little color. They are less expensive and will be great stackers later once you get your diamond bands. Just an idea
2.gif

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Ooh, carre cut sapphire bands would be yummy. I''d check with SP for those, they used to do a carre/asscher channel set eternity

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Gypsy, I agree that you should get something more permanent if you can. Even if it''s just one band for now. I just found this diamond band that is yummy and thought it may look good w/ your ering. And the price, you can''t beat it!

http://www.jamesallen.com/products/item_63-1992.asp

If you liked my bands, they are Gabriel&Co and I think each one was $725 but that was over a year ago so now they are prob around 800-850. GOG carries this line too.

Good luck w/ your search!
9.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2008 12:16:38 AM
Author: asscher_girl
Hi Gypsy, I agree that you should get something more permanent if you can. Even if it's just one band for now. I just found this diamond band that is yummy and thought it may look good w/ your ering. And the price, you can't beat it!

http://www.jamesallen.com/products/item_63-1992.asp

If you liked my bands, they are Gabriel&Co and I think each one was $725 but that was over a year ago so now they are prob around 800-850. GOG carries this line too.

Good luck w/ your search!
9.gif

Asscher girl, are yours platinum? If they are that's a steal. I love your bands.

Bill has found me a nice ring, platinum and diamond eternity and it's lovely. Plus, it's something I can order another of after the wedding, so it's just right. So I'm probably just going to get both our bands from him, and then another one from him later on. He's my favorite vendor, and I really want the bands to be from him... don't know if that makes sense. But it does to me.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have never worked with Bill but am currently working with Julian and they are amazing to work with. Doesn''t seem to mind my million of questions and is always quick with the answers.

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Nope, they are 14k white gold. No sure if Gab NY does plat. Sounds like you found a solution, that''s great!
36.gif

Sorry to hear about your grandfather, I saw it in the other thread. I hope he gets better quickly. Here''s some ps dust for you!!!
9.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tacori... I''ve talked to Julien, and I have to say the whole place is a class act. My band will be a scott kay and I''m very happy with the choice.
2.gif
I love the Beverly K line... but it doesn''t match my setting at all. I am eyeing one of their larger bands (in WG) for a future RHR purchase though.
31.gif
I think their bands would work really well with your tacori!

Asscher, I love your rings! But yeah, I have a platinum setting so if I can afford it, I want a platinum band too. I like the thought of staggering the purchases. I get what I want... with a little patience. So, it''s a good deal.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results