shape
carat
color
clarity

Invitation Wording.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Which wording do you like?

We've been together for 8-9 years. Living together.

Sunday early evening wedding (ends at 9 pm)

These are the invites. The border will be burnt orange instead of black. Ribbon will be burnt orange (not bright orange). Design will be the same.

Gypsy%20Ebay%20Invites.jpg

Together with their parents,
Layla Lastname
and
John Lastname
invite you to come laugh, dance, dine,
and celebrate their wedding
at Garre Vineyards Martinelli Event Center
Sunday, the Twenty-first of September
Two thousand and eight
Four o’clock in the afternoon

Layla Lastname
and
John Lastname
invite you to celebrate their wedding
Two thousand and eight

Layla Lastname
and
John Lastname
request the honour of your presence
as they unite in marriage
Two thousand and eight

Reception to follow

The honour of your presence
is requested at the marriage of
Layla Lastname
to
Mr. John Lastname
Garre Vineyards Martinelli Event Center
Two thousand and eight

Reception to follow

It is our moment to celebrate
the beginning of our lives together
Please join us as we exchange vows.

Layla Lastname
&
John Lastname

Two thousand and eight

Reception to follow

Please join us as we celebrate
the beginning of our new lives together.

Layla Lastname
&
JohnLastname

Two thousand and eight

Reception to follow

We invite you to join us
In celebrating our love.
On this day we marry the one
We laugh with, live for, dream with, love
We have chosen to continue
our growth though marriage.
Please join us
Layla Lastname
And
John Lastname

Two thousand and eight

Reception to follow

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
#7 tickles my fancy! I loved #1 but something about "laugh, dine, dance" didn''t quite mesh for me, meaning I couldn''t figure out how I would edit the three words so they didn''t become adjectives of one anotherm kwim?

Invites are looking great so far--love the color choices and design.
36.gif
35.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
P.S. You''d better hire bouncers...I''ve never crashed a wedding but I could make an exception in your case, LOL!
3.gif
2.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2008 12:32:20 AM
Author: monarch64
P.S. You''d better hire bouncers...I''ve never crashed a wedding but I could make an exception in your case, LOL!
3.gif
2.gif
Monnie honey, consider yourself invited.
2.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/4/2008 12:38:23 AM
Author: Gypsy

3.gif
2.gif
2.gif
Ha ha...I''m honored. I''ll be a bouncer myself and contribute my services as a wedding gift! Gah, I have way too much fun on this thread when you''re posting things.

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
All very different choices...what about doing 5 but saying the "new beginning" as a tip of the hat to your long relationship -- this is just the beginning of a wonderful new phase. I dunno how good my advice is at this point. I''m exhausted.
Um, and these are not the invites from your previous poll -- where did you find these??? They are beautiful! (Not that the others weren''t, but these are totally different!) Please do tell...

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2008 12:47:25 AM

Date: 3/4/2008 12:38:23 AM

3.gif
2.gif
2.gif
Ha ha...I''m honored. I''ll be a bouncer myself and contribute my services as a wedding gift! Gah, I have way too much fun on this thread when you''re posting things.
Good friends= good times.
4.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2008 12:49:48 AM
Author: enbcfsobe
All very different choices...what about doing 5 but saying the ''new beginning'' as a tip of the hat to your long relationship -- this is just the beginning of a wonderful new phase. I dunno how good my advice is at this point. I''m exhausted.
Um, and these are not the invites from your previous poll -- where did you find these??? They are beautiful! (Not that the others weren''t, but these are totally different!) Please do tell...

Ebay. Seriously. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280205963720&ssPageName=MERC_VIC_RCRX_Pr2_PcY_BID_IT&refitem=280198580448&itemcount=2&refwidgetloc=closed_view_item&usedrule1=CrossSell_LogicX&refwidgettype=cross_promot_widget&_trksid=p284.m183&_trkparms=algo%3DCRX%26its%3DS%252BI%26itu%3DUCI%252BSI%26otn%3D2

Here''s the seller. She''s great.

Gypsy these are gorgeous!

My two faves:
#1 but take out "come" if you want...I think it works just as well w/o.
OR #5.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ebree, I should have said that you all should feel free to edit as you will.

John likes numbers one and seven.

Here are edits/ alterations of the two of those:

Layla Lastname
and
John Lastname
invite you to laugh, dance, dine,
and celebrate their wedding
Two thousand and eight

We invite you to join us
In celebrating our love.
On this day we marry the one
We laugh with, live for, dream with, love

Layla Lastname
And
John Lastname

Two thousand and eight

Reception to follow

I like number 5 but the 'beginning' thing bothers me after 8+ years together too. And I don't know if "new" beginning fixes the problem.

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock
I like #1 too, I like it because it''s a little less stuff and just sounds like it''s going to be a heluva fun wedding. Might have to borrow that wording for my invites...

I liked #7 too, but something seems weird to me with the wording "we marry the one we laugh with, live for, dream with, love.." like, I feel like there should be another word after "love". I''m an accountant, not an english teacher, so I can''t think of the name of the type of word for the life of me...not an adjective, not a pronoun...i give up but hopefully get you my drift.

Anyway, I like the idea of 7 but the wording is a little awkward to me...

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
I really like #1. I think it is unique and eye-catching and it also makes your wedding sound like it is going to be a blast.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2008 1:58:27 AM
Author: karasue91
I like #1 too, I like it because it''s a little less stuff and just sounds like it''s going to be a heluva fun wedding. Might have to borrow that wording for my invites...

I liked #7 too, but something seems weird to me with the wording ''we marry the one we laugh with, live for, dream with, love..'' like, I feel like there should be another word after ''love''. I''m an accountant, not an english teacher, so I can''t think of the name of the type of word for the life of me...not an adjective, not a pronoun...i give up but hopefully get you my drift.

maybe the one we laugh with, live for, dream with, AND love? Does that help?

I like #1 because of the fun factor too. I''m just afraid would wedding isn''t gonna live up to the publicity. LOL. No hard alcohol, ends at 9 pm.... not exactly a PAR TAY. But definitely a celebration.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/4/2008 2:05:05 AM

I liked #7 too, but something seems weird to me with the wording ''we marry the one we laugh with, live for, dream with, love..'' like, I feel like there should be another word after ''love''. I''m an accountant, not an english teacher, so I can''t think of the name of the type of word for the life of me...not an adjective, not a pronoun...i give up but hopefully get you my drift.

I like #1 because of the fun factor too. I''m just afraid would wedding isn''t gonna live up to the publicity. LOL. No hard alcohol, ends at 9 pm.... not exactly a PAR TAY. But definitely a celebration.
If no one minds I would like to say that maybe karasue (as I am) is having trouble with the "we" part of #7? It sort of comes across as "we, as in, all of us, including the invitees" intend to marry???? I''m no english prof, and although I''m pretty proficient in the language itself, I have no idea how to edit it so it is a little more "guest friendly." Or something...

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like 2 and 6...with a slight caveat.

I would opt away from the formal sounding stuff.

Also, since you have been living together for so long, your lives together is not as apt as your new lives, since it will be new to be married. If that makes sense.

I like come share with us...that idea. How participatory are your folks in this? To me, just mho, you have been living together and together in general for a long time. Not sure if you need to include your mom and dad and his mom and dad as part of it...to me, it is more the two of you, as adults who have been a couple for so long, as doing it. Not sure if that is getting to hair splitting, but if I knew you guys IRL and got the invite worded as you two inviting me to share in the celebration...well, it would make perfect sense to me. Therefore, 6 wins it for me, simple, to the point, elegant.

Love the invite to, by the way!

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock

hahaha hard alcohol does not necessarily a fun party make. your wedding will be a wonderful...preferable by FAR to me than the frat party that I''m afraid my wedding could turn into with FI''s ridiculous number of friends and open bar. "Get Low" is top of my list for DO NOT PLAY songs.

Wording in #1 conveys the perfect tone for your celebration to me!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2008 2:13:47 AM

If no one minds I would like to say that maybe karasue (as I am) is having trouble with the ''we'' part of #7? It sort of comes across as ''we, as in, all of us, including the invitees'' intend to marry???? I''m no english prof, and although I''m pretty proficient in the language itself, I have no idea how to edit it so it is a little more ''guest friendly.'' Or something...

Hmm. I don''t know how to edit that either. And it''s my favorite one. Darn it. Number one is also a close favorite and is much less awkard, now that I''ve read it through a few times.

Can anyone suggest a re-write of number 7 that captures what it says only more eloquently? I''d be grateful.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2008 2:17:44 AM
Author: diamondfan
I like 2 and 6...with a slight caveat.

I would opt away from the formal sounding stuff.

Also, since you have been living together for so long, your lives together is not as apt as your new lives, since it will be new to be married. If that makes sense.

I like come share with us...that idea. How participatory are your folks in this? To me, just mho, you have been living together and together in general for a long time. Not sure if you need to include your mom and dad and his mom and dad as part of it...to me, it is more the two of you, as adults who have been a couple for so long, as doing it. Not sure if that is getting to hair splitting, but if I knew you guys IRL and got the invite worded as you two inviting me to share in the celebration...well, it would make perfect sense to me. Therefore, 6 wins it for me, simple, to the point, elegant.

Love the invite to, by the way!

Thanks DF! Okay... a vote for number 6. You are right, it is very direct and to the point. And it does leave the folks out of it, which is something I was struggling with. The formal stuff was something else I was struggling with. Very helpful post.

And I''m really happy with our invite choice too. Ebay of all places! Who knew!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2008 2:19:10 AM

hahaha hard alcohol does not necessarily a fun party make. your wedding will be a wonderful...preferable by FAR to me than the frat party that I''m afraid my wedding could turn into with FI''s ridiculous number of friends and open bar. ''Get Low'' is top of my list for DO NOT PLAY songs.

Wording in #1 conveys the perfect tone for your celebration to me!

Thanks karasue. The alcohol point is well taken. I am secretly THRILLED that our venue doesn''t have a hard alcohol license! It''s the PERFECT excuse for what I wanted to do anyway. LOL.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Glad it made sense, it is late here!

To me, 7 is a bit hokey. I have seen it so many times as the alternative to the traditional stuff.

I just like it that the two of you are inviting your loved ones to share in your joy and celebrate the day. It is not a religious venue, and I like the simplicity of number 6.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m all about simplicity and #6 sounds wonderful, BUT...I really love how Gypsy/Layla has incorporated three little words she obviously loves and equates with her wedding ceremony in two of the other examples. Maybe there should be a mix of the two?

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous invites.

I always prefer traditional wording, so my favorite is #2.

Also, I believe it''s really only proper to use "request the honour of your presence" when the marriage is being held in a religious place (church, synagogue, mosque, etc.) I''ll double check with the etiquette gang when I get home this evening, though.

And, your real name is Layla!? I LOVE your name, it''s one of my very favorite names.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay, now that I've read the entire thread I see that you prefer #7. Here's my early-morning shot at reworking the words.

I think the problem that I had with the original wording was the "laugh with, live for, dream with" because (although it is not technically incorrect) you end each phrase with a preposition.

7, reworked

We invite you to join us
As we celebrate our love
And on this day, marry
To continue the laughter, life, dreams, and love
We have already created
And choose to continue (or develop/grow/etc.)
Through marriage

Layla Lastname
And
John Lastname

Two thousand and eight

Reception to follow

It's just a shot, you may hate it, and that's okay. Good luck!

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Number 1 for sure...less wordy, sounds fun, acknowledges your parents...

happy in love

Shiny_Rock
I think #1. I love the wording, it would make me expect a fun celebration, not so much a super formal wedding. If that is what you are going for, it is PERFECT!
[stomping feet] why didn''t I use that on my invites!? [done throwing fit now.]
emwink.gif

PS. love the invite choice too!

LegacyGirl

Brilliant_Rock
I like #1 the best

v!v!

Shiny_Rock
gypsy, i love your invites! i like the wording of number 1 the best!

gtn

Brilliant_Rock
gypsy - another vote for #1. I have a problem with this line in #7 "On this day we marry the one We laugh with, live for, dream with, love"

I can''t change the wording without changing the intent/sentiment I believe you are trying to convey.

The only thing I could think of is kind of cheesy (but I happen to like cheese)

"On this day we get to marry our best friend"

Maybe I''m off base here, with that said, I like number 1, the new edited version.

largirl

Shiny_Rock
I love number 1! It sounds so fun! :)

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love #2 best. It''s more traditional, I know, but I tend to lean toward that when it comes to invitations.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results