shape
carat
color
clarity

Invitation Wording.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cara

Ideal_Rock
1 if you want a little something different, 2 if you want simple.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m pretty traditional, so I like #2, 3, and 4. Some of the others are a little on the cheesy side..sorry! And I think the elegant style of the invitations would be better with 2 ,3,or 4, too.

(But I''ll love whatever you choose, Gypsy, because I want you to be happy with it!!!)

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like #2 or #3. i''m very traditional though too and I just prefer to keep things simple. I love your invitations, those are just gorgeous!!

teetee

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/4/2008 1:19:07 AM
Author: Gypsy

Ebree, I should have said that you all should feel free to edit as you will.

John likes numbers one and seven.

Here are edits/ alterations of the two of those:

Together with their parents,
Layla Lastname
and
John Lastname
invite you to laugh, dance, dine,
and celebrate their wedding
at Garre Vineyards Martinelli Event Center
Sunday, the Twenty-first of September
Two thousand and eight
Four o’clock in the afternoon

Glad that you''re going with the ebay invites...those are great! I like this version of #1.
I also like the message of 7 but something about it sounds a bit awkward to me...I think it is the "we" but I can''t think of how to reword it.

On another note, I read somewhere that you''re not supposed to use "and" when spelling out the year...it should be two thousand eight. I''ve been meaning to look it up in the Gregg Reference Manual to confirm but I keep forgetting when I''m at work.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I checked with the etiquette divas last night--

You only use "request the honour of your presence" when the ceremony takes place in a religious venue. It is incorrect to use it if you are marrying in a vineyard.

And as for the year, it is correct to use "two thousand and eight". The Gregg Reference Manual is for business writing rather than for social occassions. All of my etiquette guides use the "and" when writing out the year. (In fact, traditionally you do not include the year in a wedding invite, only in announcements, but it has become commonplace nowadays and therefore accepted.)

Gypsy--Have you chosen to use the edited version of #1? I think it sounds lovely; I''d be very excited to laugh, dance, and dine with you after receiving that invitation!

becoming_sadie

Rough_Rock
I vote 1. It''s clean and simple yet fun.

largirl

Shiny_Rock
I would put "dine" before "dance" to keep it in the order of the evening (I''m assuming you''re eating first?). I think the one "L" word with the two "d" words is what makes it flow slightly awkwardly. I''m trying to think of a different "d" word to substitute for "love" but can''t think of one yet..."delight" maybe? Or you could do all "L" words...like "live, laugh, and love" or something to keep it alliterative?

sunnygirl

Shiny_Rock

I like #2 best with #1 as a close second. For my invites, I am going with #2 (except without the together with their parents part) and at the bottom, putting "dinner and dancing to follow" to add a little fun while still keeping the main part simple. My friend did #2 for hers and added "merriment to follow" on the bottom which I thought was super cute.

Haven - i am getting married in a church - is it bad if I don''t use the honour of your presence stuff? I am not good with all this etiquette at all!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you all for your thoughtful responses! I''m sorry I''ve been MIA, been having some personal issues and literally forgot about this post. Crazy.

BUT now that I''m here. I specifically want to thank the ettiquete mavens for the clarification on "honour of your presence"... I didn''t want to use it as it didn''t feel right, and so I''m very happy that it''s incorrect. YAY.

I appreciate the traditionalists for chiming in too, it helps so much to have all the different perspectives. (DS, silly, I wanted your opinion, I asked for it, and I appreciate it. I know you want me to be happy honey.)

Just reading though the thread. Number one with modifications and number six are still in the running for me... with the modifications suggested as well.

SO...

Together with their parents,
Layla Lastname
and
John Lastname
invite you to laugh, dine, dance
and celebrate their marriage
at Garre Vineyards Martinelli Event Center
Two thousand and eight

Please join us as we celebrate
the beginning of our new lives together.

Layla Lastname
&
JohnLastname
Garre Vineyards Martinelli Event Center
Two thousand and eight
Dinner and dancing to follow

I like number 2 as well, but it has the same problem as number one for me. The "together with their parents" thing. I think Caroline had a good point about that.

SO... maybe this?

Number 8:

Please join us in love, laughter and celebration
as we begin our new lives together
Layla Lastname
and
John Lastname
Garre Vineyards Martinelli Event Center
Two thousand and eight

Dinner and dancing to follow

This whole thing has me confuzzeled.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gypsy, honey, they are all lovely options, you really can''t go wrong. I fear you''re going to drive yourself mad over the wording on your invites.

The only feedback I''ll give on these wordings is that as a guest I would think #1 is an invitation to a reception only. That doesn''t really matter, though, because everyone will get with the program when they show up and realize that a marriage was about to take place!

gtn

Brilliant_Rock
I say go with #8. The best of both worlds
2.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2008 5:10:11 PM
Author: gtn
I say go with #8. The best of both worlds
2.gif
Me too. I''m gonna email it to the invite lady now. She''s going to send me a sample proof. She''s a GEM.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Yes, I agree, #8 is the best!!!
35.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2008 6:38:12 PM
Author: isaku5
Yes, I agree, #8 is the best!!!
35.gif
Hi Isabel! I sent it to the invitation lady today and am very happy to have the decision made. Thanks for the confirmation.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results