shape
carat
color
clarity

Need advice on these 2 rings. PLEASE HELP!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

KittyTiger

Shiny_Rock
I know this is annoying ,.... but I need some inputs on this ring:

http://www.goodoldgold.com/3_05ct_j_si2__h%26a.htm

it's a 3.06 carat and cheaper than the one I last decided. BUT it's a "I" color. and a SI-2 clarity. But GOG says it's one of the less noticeable inclusions. Christen says if she looks at it real close tilting it in a certain way under the light, she will see one spec. What do you guys think?

Please help!! Need some input on the "I" color which is really my main concern. I'm really torn between these two rings while I'm waiting for my funds to clear.

Here's the one I had last decided on.:

http://search.virtcert.com/cgi/u/1012/v.cgi?stock=290437&_s=1012&_p=sdf348gd743&_c=&_fs=1&prestock=&_ln=ps

oh, and the 3.06 carat has HCA of 1.2

2.00 carat has HCA of 1.1

is that just a very minor difference.. or a lot?

THank you all so so so much!

C/idealbb/images/smilies/errrr.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Id keep looking
J in a diamond that size would drive me nuts.
You should be able to find something thats a good compromise between the 2.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Actually, Barbug.....look again! The GOG stone is an I color.....the header says so, and the grading report says so!

It appears as though someone made a typo on the initial opening info.

For the price.......a whole carat more stone for less cash.....I'd try that one first. The stone appears to be VERY well cut, and that often can mask the color of stones.

If you find the color is noticeable to you, you can return it under the 30-day return policy and then try the G.

Or.....have them both send to an appraiser near you prior to purchase. Then you can see them both and it will only cost you round trip shipping to return one of them. Investing the $100 or so for round trip shipping is a drop in the lake on a purchase of this magnitude.

P.S. If you do this, don't view them next to one another....if you do, you'll be judging the I *against* the G instead of judging whether or not the I by itself faces up without color to you. Look at the J first.

Good luck.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is just a sample of whats available in that price range that I found in a less than 2 min. search.
click here
hca = 1.0

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
woops I missed that aljdewey good catch.
There is still a huge range between the 2 diamonds and looking around some more and narrowing that range isnt a bad idea.
Just noticed that it is allready on the way in that case its worth a look it might be the perfect diamond for you :}
Let the mk2 eyeballs decide :}

Mexi

Shiny_Rock
I would definitely have a look at that GOG stone.
appl.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I second that Mexi....a 3c I SI H&A that's 99% eye clean for CHEAPER than a similar 2c stone? OF COURSE!!
1.gif
Hands down in my opinion, but then again I love the size and can't see much of color..I've seen an old euro cut 'I' in plat and it looked fine to me.
1.gif
J would give me some pause...but I sounds good. Also F&I has a beautiful 3c I SI1 stone that she loves, so hopefully she can chime in with her comments!
1.gif

KittyTiger

Shiny_Rock
Hey you guys!! THanks for all the helpful replies. I think I am turning towards the 3 carat now.

Thanks Mara!!

Also, the 3 carat has a HCA of 1.2 vs. the 2 carat is 1.1...

is that a big difference????

cynthia

ps... god! I love you guys!
love.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
No diference at all in those HCA scores.
1.gif

BTW I adore that second real diamond picture with the flash of arrows! AND those Bscope scores are practically off the chart! Sweet.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Cynthia:

I REPEAT (because it's GREAT news!).....

The 3 carat stone is an I color! Not a J!

Just wanted to make sure you don't miss that. And no, the scores won't matter a whit. It's not as though 1.1 is better than 1.2, or 1.2 better per se than 1.7.....this stone looks to be a knockout!

KittyTiger

Shiny_Rock
aljdewey~~~~

hehe... yeah... I noticed my mistake in the color.... it is great news! After I'm done with this message to you, I'm going to call GOG to put down my deposit../idealbb/images/smilies/appl.gif

I just needed the "okay" from all you guys. I really value all your inputs and advice.. Can't thank you all enough!!

CYnthia

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
My pleasure.......SERIOUSLY.

That is a screaming stone!

KittyTiger

Shiny_Rock
I just spoke with Jonathan and let him in on the typo of his specs for the diamond of saying it's a "J" but it's really an "I".... and he promised me not to raise my price... yay!!!! hahahah.....

he was really awsome!!
appl.gif

ying

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
ha ha that is SWEET. i love the avatar though i would enlarge it the actual image a little more
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Try this for your avatar. If you want the file PM me or just right click and save!
1.gif

barbug.jpg

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Hi there!

I've said this before - bigger stones are a funny nut. When you get in the I range, it gets tricky. Mara is right - I love my I stone w/ med/strong blue fluor. But, I did view some I's that had too much body color for my taste. In the end, I relied on my jeweler. I think it's definitely worth a view. If Jonathan says it's nice, it certainly worth a look

Good luck!

KittyTiger

Shiny_Rock
Yeah, I agree... I's are tricky....

So, I'll let you guys know when I recieve it...

Mara,

I really like that pic you did for me.. but when I tried to upload it, it gave me this message:

An error occurred uploading a file: file name bad or non-existent or file with same name already exists and overwrite disabled

weird...

barbug408

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
you can rename the file...it's because you are trying to upload it and i already posted it. I would rename the file to something like barbug2.jpg and then try uploading it as your avatar.
1.gif

KittyTiger

Shiny_Rock
Mara:

It still didn't work.. I wonder why... You think if you remove your pic from the post it'll work???

Ying

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hee Hee it worked for me. My new avatar!!!

Are you going into 'My Profile' then 'Edit my Profile' then 'Custom Upload an Avatar' , then you find the file on your system (easy to save it to Desktop)....upload?

PM me your email address and I will email it to you.
1.gif
Maybe that will help.

KittyTiger

Shiny_Rock
Mara,

I tried everything the way you said, still didn't work.. and I also changed the name of it....

here's my email [email protected]

thanks!

Barbug408

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 12/4/2003 9:05:03 PM Mara wrote:

Hee Hee it worked for me. My new avatar!!!

quote]

Mara, I liked your old on better. Sorry. It had more spunk.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mara, sweet Mara, really, that little ol' picture remembered me 100 times a day how open hartedly candide PS product endorsement is! Anything I could posibly do to see it once again? Even shortly?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 12/4/2003 7:51:20 PM barbug408 wrote:
An error occurred uploading a file: file name bad or non-existent or file with same name already exists and overwrite disabled
barbug408
----------------

Try this: it should be the right size already so allow it to keep original size (no stretching or whatever).

sssssssssss.JPG

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes Valeria I actually resized approporiately..and am emailing to Barbug...hopefully she can upload this time!

9.gif
on the avatar picture...I figured I'd be cliche and post a picture of my IS image...I felt left out!
1.gif

KittyTiger

Shiny_Rock
Mara!!!

IT WORKED!!

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

does the diamond looked tinted to you ??? or is it just the lighting????

Barbug

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it's just the lighting. Even the background in that picture is yellowish.

1.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
I'd agree it's just the lighting.

Direct bright light isn't the most flatterling light for diamonds - tends to make them appear dark.

Diffused light shows the details better, but the trade off is it looks yellow or shadowy.

No worries, Cynthia....this is a gorgeous stone.

Groovy Chick

Shiny_Rock
I haven't time to read anyone else's reply but IMHO i can't comment on the cut but an I colour for any stone is too yellow let alone a 3 carat. As for the visible speck, it will drive her round the bend - trust me. The 2 carat G would be a far better choice. Maybe you should keep looking for a 2.25 - 2.5ct G SI1-2. That would be a nice compromise.

Pear Princess

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock

----------------
On 12/5/2003 3:39:41 PM Pear Princess wrote:

I haven't time to read anyone else's reply but IMHO i can't comment on the cut but an I colour for any stone is too yellow let alone a 3 carat. As for the visible speck, it will drive her round the bend - trust me. The 2 carat G would be a far better choice. Maybe you should keep looking for a 2.25 - 2.5ct G SI1-2. That would be a nice compromise.

Pear Princess

----------------

Pear...again....back to what I said about 'too yellow' in my other post. Completely relative. Your eye may pick up color where someone else's does not. Also, Cynthia is buying the stone for HERSELF....so the comment about the spec driving 'her' around the bend....she obviously is buying knowing the deal and still choosing to buy. Sorry but I feel like all the color talk is entirely speculative...people perceive colors differently...exercise caution when discussing 'absolutes' ('an I colour for any stone is too yellow')....to each their own--we all have different eyes. She can only view the stone to tell.

1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results