shape
carat
color
clarity

Need advice on these 2 rings. PLEASE HELP!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

KittyTiger

Shiny_Rock
haha....

thanks you guys!! Yeah, everyone will percieve differently. this one should be okay....

Mara,,... how do I include pics in the post???? I wanna show you the stone set.

thanks!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
When you reply to a post, click 'Attach File' (on the left) and then browse your hard drive for the file, upload the file, type your post, then hit SUBMIT. Be sure to attach the file BEFORE you write in the post body text...or else it will all be erased when you attach the file. So upload first, then type your post, then hit submit.

KittyTiger

Shiny_Rock
Okay, the size it too big, how do you change the size?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
You need to go into a photo editor (MS photo editor, photoshop, etc) and then 'resize' or 'adjust size' or similar and make it smaller. I usually just make something around 50% of original size if I am in a hurry and that tends to work.
1.gif

KittyTiger

Shiny_Rock
first pic of it set... this is actually not the ring I ordered... but it's also from GOG, (they sent me the pics) 3 carat. same setting I asked for... also "I" color...

JHBr359IVS2sideview2.jpg

KittyTiger

Shiny_Rock
2nd pic

JHBr359IVS2finished.jpg

KittyTiger

Shiny_Rock
3rd pic

JHBr359IVS2sideview.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks like a Stuller...very nice and simple!
1.gif

Groovy Chick

Shiny_Rock
Mara

Sorry, i was under the impression it was someone buying for someone else when i read "if she looks real close on an angle she will see one speck".

Also, if you re-read my post, "the stone is too yellow" is preceeded by "IMHO" (in my humble opinion). I thought that made it clear that i'm presenting my humble opinion, not stating a fact.

Anyway, the author mentioned the speck and i simply wanted to express that a visible inclusion/flaw could drive the wearer stark raving mad. I know it would with me.

Pear Princess

KittyTiger

Shiny_Rock
thank you princess for you inputs..

all inputs are greatly appreciated...

i feel like all you guys are my friends from the last few days!!

appl.gif

Ying

Groovy Chick

Shiny_Rock
PS In fact, the author mentions the speck and then asks directly "What do you guys think?" I simply wanted to share that i think a visible flaw will drive the wearer off the wall. I was out and about the other day and i noticed the tiniest dirty speck had appeared on my (brand new) diamond which i couldn't reach without proper cleaning equipment. It drove me mad all day! But then i'm such a perfectionist that today i'm forking out ridiculous dosh for an ultrasonic jewellery cleaner. I think i need serious help!

Pear Princess.

KittyTiger

Shiny_Rock
hey hey princess..

i know what exactly what you mean .. when "you" know the spec is there.. .

I think I will be okay with it tho.. I have truly thought about it... and if not..

this ring can always be upgrade at full value..
21.gif

I learned that from all you guys!
appl.gif

barbug
appl.gif
appl.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
At the end of the day, whatever one has chosen is the most beautiful of all diamonds to buy.

If you get it and it wows you, go for it. Just make sure you see it in different lighting, with & without corrective lenses. It sure is pretty from the pic.

This is my spin on the whole thing:

When I tilt my stone & I look at my diamond carefully close up with *no* corrective lenses in the morning then sometimes I can see my garnet inclusion. It doesn't bother me in the least and I'm rather Zen about the whole thing. I put my contacts in & I see nothing. Quite frankly, I don't care what anyone else can or can not see. I don't think anyone can make a blanket statement that it will bug the crap out of you to see something. It may - just that it's not a definite.

Regarding color, actually I'm pretty good with discerning shades. So, I can't completely rule that I don't have good color actuity. My acceptance & love for my "I" stone may just be a preference. Although I see little difference between my F & I color stone, I can't really compare apples to apples because the size diff. is so much.

The only three things that are important when buying a diamond is 1. It's pretty to you (cut usually has the most visual impact). 2. You have seen enough stones to sort through the ones that don't appeal to you & 3. You pay appropriately for the paper specs.

Good luck & let us know how you like the stone!

KittyTiger

Shiny_Rock
thanks fire&ice

that was very well put. Honestly, I think the 1 tiny, tiny inclusion is nothing.. I actually think this is a REALLY lucky find of an SI-2. Since SI-2 I get a MAJOR discount. Usually SI-2's I see A LOT of crazy stuff going on in the diamond, like wavy stuff all over it. or major inclusions. but this one actually only has the one tiny spec that people can't even see unless they bring it to 6 inches from their face under certain lights...

So, I think it's great! I totally think this is a vs2 or SI-1 clarity!!

and the "I" color is really starting to not bother me at all..... after reading everyone's thoughts...

and you're all right. the cut is the most important.. and if the fire and brilliance is exceptional, who gives a heck about the tint that no one can really tell....

huh?!

barbug
naughty.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
WOW! Great pics!
love.gif
That is an extremely clean SI2 Cert plot. I think this one must been graded on a Monday after a weekend of "party hardy"! LOLOL

And the price!
22.gif
Marvelous!
22.gif

GOG has beautiful diamonds and this one looks like a spectacular find!
16.gif

Can't wait to hear what you think when you see it live and in person! I'd love to be a fly on the wall when you open the box,... Wearing ear plugs, of course! HeeHee
3.gif

KittyTiger

Shiny_Rock
I will definitely let EVERYONE know what I think !!

I'm am soooo excited!
appl.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes I bet that baby will be a STUNNER. That is exactly the type of find I would LOVE to have later in life.
1.gif
Excellent price.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results