shape
carat
color
clarity

Need advice on custom making large emerald cut eternity band

classicallychic

Rough_Rock
I had asked him the price to get them certified. He said it's only about $1200 or so, and he recommends it. Rubies, do you know what measurements your stones are? And your finger size is tiny I know, but was it a size 4 or 5? I'm wondering if I should up it to 1 ct each stones, or try to see if I can find a .75 single emerald cut stone to see on my finger. I can't find any eternity bands that are complete and local to see what they would look like on.

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
I would get something under 1ct as you will likely pay a premium for hitting the 1ct mark. The band may also be uncommon the larger you go, just a consideration.

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi classicallychic!
I'm so sorry but I don't have the ring with me and I won't have it until Friday. But no worries! Friday afternoon I will post the measurement of the stones. :D
My stones are .80 and the ring is between a size 4 and a 4.25.
I have seen an eternity band that was one carat each stone and I have to say it was HUGE. I'm not sure HUGE in a good way.. all personal preference though.
Till Friday. I will measure the stones as best as I can with a mm ruler.:wavey:

classicallychic

Rough_Rock
I think the largest I’d consider is one that looks like yours on my hands, but the way these are looking so far I’m worried it’s not worth it since it isn’t exactly what I’m looking for. I guess worst case scenario if it’s not the exact size I’m looking for I could sandwich it between two smaller round eternity bands like I’ve seen on here somewhere too. Even though I like the simplicity of just the emerald cut band alone.

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes.. it's always so hard with a custom piece to leave even just a little bit up to chance. It's such a big commitment and you want it to be EXACTLY what you are looking for.
Here is a seller on EBay who has a lot of large eternity bands. Maybe this will give you an idea as far as sizes and how they look on a hand.. even though that hand is a creepy rubber hand!

classicallychic

Rough_Rock
Yes.. it's always so hard with a custom piece to leave even just a little bit up to chance. It's such a big commitment and you want it to be EXACTLY what you are looking for.
Here is a seller on EBay who has a lot of large eternity bands. Maybe this will give you an idea as far as sizes and how they look on a hand.. even though that hand is a creepy rubber hand!

Thanks! I’ll check them out.

classicallychic

Rough_Rock

Those definitely make me feel like my stones may even be too large. So crazy how much bigger they look set

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They do look HUGE. Did you click to the end of the pix and see the rings on that creepy rubber hand? That made me chuckle!
Well seeing that probably make you not want to get one carat each stones..

classicallychic

Rough_Rock
They do look HUGE. Did you click to the end of the pix and see the rings on that creepy rubber hand? That made me chuckle!
Well seeing that probably make you not want to get one carat each stones..

I did. Hey at least they’re on a finger. It’s so hard to gauge size on just the ring pictures alone. Now if they only had a larger finger to show it on. I want to see some far away pictures of some of these rings on too. How do they look not super up close?

Not that I have a huge eternity ring, but I think with an eternity ring your ring size doesn’t matter as much as your finger length. If you have shorter fingers then a 0.7ct stone is going to proportionately take up more length on the finger than it would if you had longer fingers. So I think the metric you should be used to calculate is not ring size (finger width) as much as it is finger length, because the stones will go all around your finger regardless. A larger ring size will only mean that you need to put more stones in / it’s a bit more expensive.

It’s also cheaper to certify that many stones than I expected. Still not pocket change, but cheaper than I thought!

classicallychic

Rough_Rock
Not that I have a huge eternity ring, but I think with an eternity ring your ring size doesn’t matter as much as your finger length. If you have shorter fingers then a 0.7ct stone is going to proportionately take up more length on the finger than it would if you had longer fingers. So I think the metric you should be used to calculate is not ring size (finger width) as much as it is finger length, because the stones will go all around your finger regardless. A larger ring size will only mean that you need to put more stones in / it’s a bit more expensive.

It’s also cheaper to certify that many stones than I expected. Still not pocket change, but cheaper than I thought!

Very good point! I’ve been using the same metric as I would a solitaire ring. I guess now I have to start paying more attention to finger length and stone measurements.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
@classicallychic is Buchwald jewelers close to you? They seem to carry a ring similar to what you are looking for. Maybe you can go try one on there for research.

classicallychic

Rough_Rock
@classicallychic is Buchwald jewelers close to you? They seem to carry a ring similar to what you are looking for. Maybe you can go try one on there for research.

I looked it up. They’re about 4 1/2 hours from me. Maybe my jeweler can borrow it for a few days? I don’t know if that’s how they work though.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Oh, that's far. Are you closer to Sarasota? There's got to be someplace you can try one of these rings on.

classicallychic

Rough_Rock
Oh, that's far. Are you closer to Sarasota? There's got to be someplace you can try one of these rings on.

That's about an hour and a half. We sometimes go to St. Armands circle and Longboat Key. Maybe next time I'll make a jewelry stop first.

classicallychic

Rough_Rock
I measured out 6 mm and marked it on my hands. Not sure how I feel about it. IMG_7784.JPG

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock

classicallychic

Rough_Rock

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
That's the perfect tester! Super cheap, and the exact same dimensions as the one I would be making. I just bought it in a size 8. Hopefully I love it. Thanks!

Yay! It's always good to have a tester piece!

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Actually classicallychic.. I think the stones are probably closer to 6mm while the ring overall looks like 7mm tall.

classicallychic

Rough_Rock
Rubies! Thank you so much. So sorry I made you do that, but it does help a lot. My tester ring should be in on Monday. I’ll post a picture to show how it looks.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Rubies-R-Me It is always great to see your gorgeous ring!!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi classicallychic!
I'm finally home and measured my ring..
I would say 7mm?
Hope that helps! :wavey:
CAB32166-6B70-4E44-BA35-79AB6F45691E.jpeg

Wow, blingtastic. That's a lot of ring. Those ECs look gorgeous and make quite a statement.

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much Sharon and LLJsmom! :kiss2:
You are both so sweet.
No worries at all about the measuring classicallychic.. can't wait to see your tester!

classicallychic

Rough_Rock
Here it is on my right and left hand. The size 8 feels fine. It’s loose, but I wanted that. I feel like I should try to find stones that are closer to 7 mm tall. These are 6 mm and the suite my jeweler found was about 6 mm also. 4177F541-32CF-4EF3-A9C2-3BC4B4896D23.jpeg BDF04092-77E3-4109-B01A-FEDE87478D2C.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results