shape
carat
color
clarity

Naked without jewelry dilema

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
Whenever I am going to something stressful and outside my comfort zone and can’t wear valuable jewelry I put on my necklaces my daughters made for me when they were little. Wooden blocks, plastic beads and yarn. Priceless but not something anyone would take. Plus I have the sense of my daughters near to my heart. Do you have grandchildren that can make a few bracelets and necklaces?

What a sweet recommendation. I have nieces and nephews, and I’m reminded of a cute happy birthday necklace they and my mother made for me - I’ll have to dig it out. Thank you for the suggestion :)

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
There’s no way to know if it will progress. It’s my Pulmonary valve. It’s supposedly rare to have it leak enough to need surgery. You can have a defective one at birth..Those are more common. I just keep getting periodic echocardiograms to watch it. It’s been stable..My ejection fraction got a little lower than it should be at some point..but then went back up just into the normal range again. It’s really weird. I don’t even know if it’s related to the valve. Cleveland Clinic is the best. You’ll be in the best care..

I wish you the very best - and it really does help to know that CC is so good!

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
best wishes with the surgery @bright&shiny
and good luck for your hubby too that he looks after you well

heart medicine just gets better all the time

Thank you - we are all going to need it, I think. I was astonished to go for second (and third and fourth) opinions only to find these major institutions had never seen my condition, much less fixed the problem. I’m feeling very fortunate to be able to get so many opinions and to have found Cleveland Clinic. They are truly extraordinary and their record of pioneering heart medicine is amazing. Thank you again for the encouraging words!

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
Thinking of you @bright&shiny and wishing you an easy surgery and may it go as well as possible with a full recovery.
Sending you gentle hugs and all the best wishes.

You are so sweet - especially when you are facing challenges of your own. I hope you have good results and answers soon. And thanks for the hugs and good wishes - I am grateful!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wish you the very best - and it really does help to know that CC is so good!

Thank you..I hope you will post how you’re doing. When is your surgery? I know there are many of us that want to send you prayers, good wishes, etc..on that day..

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, @bright&shiny I am so impressed by your courage. Wishing you the absolute best outcome and I will be thinking of you and checking in here for updates. As far as gold pieces, I recently purchased some fun chains and earrings from babygold.com. They're based in LA but ship really quickly (I live in the Midwest.) I bought two paperclip chains in different lengths and some large hoop earrings. Disclaimer: this isn't weighty gold, it's fashion...so don't expect to pay very fair prices. Still, it's fun stuff and if you have the budget to pick up a few fun pieces they do offer some on-trend statement jewelry.

I've really been digging Katmojo jewelry as well this year. She's NYC based, so shipments come pretty fast to the Midwest. (I'm next door to the state in which you'll be having surgery.

Thank you - I”m not sure I have so much courage - I’m terrified and frankly have been in denial much of the past few months. I’ve only recently decided to go forward with the surgery - despite the certain fatality of the condition. So thank you, but most days I’m barely breathing. But I suppose something in me keeps fighting despite my despair. An unintentional fighter perhaps?

Regarding the jewelry: I am grateful for the recommendations! I’m doing some shopping tomorrow - so I’’ve added your suggestions to the list. BTW: I grew up in Wisconsin, so not too far away from Ohio - or you ;)2.

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you..I hope you will post how you’re doing. When is your surgery? I know there are many of us that want to send you prayers, good wishes, etc..on that day..

I am touched - and deeply grateful. I welcome prayers and good wishes! Testing is Monday, November 14 - a big day with lots to hopefully be answered: we know they are replacing the ascending aorta, but is there enough root material to graft to - or does that need to be replaced as well, and what does that mean for the valve. Additionally, a tiny branch of the right coronary artery is in the way - does it need to be bypassed….ugh. So that’s the first big hurdle. Then the surgery is scheduled for the 18th (Friday) of November.

BTW - the fact that I’m writing about this is a bit astonishing to me. Most of this time i’ve been unable to discuss it at all.…

Thank you again for your warm thoughts, and prayers.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am touched - and deeply grateful. I welcome prayers and good wishes! Testing is Monday, November 14 - a big day with lots to hopefully be answered: we know they are replacing the ascending aorta, but is there enough root material to graft to - or does that need to be replaced as well, and what does that mean for the valve. Additionally, a tiny branch of the right coronary artery is in the way - does it need to be bypassed….ugh. So that’s the first big hurdle. Then the surgery is scheduled for the 18th (Friday) of November.

BTW - the fact that I’m writing about this is a bit astonishing to me. Most of this time i’ve been unable to discuss it at all.…

Thank you again for your warm thoughts, and prayers.

@bright&shiny I put both days in my calendar..I’m sure I won’t be the only one here thinking of you…and sending wishes for an excellent outcome. Cleveland Clinic heart surgeons are the best…Big hugs..❤️

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you - I”m not sure I have so much courage - I’m terrified and frankly have been in denial much of the past few months. I’ve only recently decided to go forward with the surgery - despite the certain fatality of the condition. So thank you, but most days I’m barely breathing. But I suppose something in me keeps fighting despite my despair. An unintentional fighter perhaps?

IMO this is the very definition of courage. Doing what you feel is the best thing under terrifying circumstances. Girl you have courage up the wazoo.

As Mark Twain wrote "Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear.
You go girl. We are all on your side, rooting for you.
You are going to come through this better than ever. Healthy and strong.
And we are here for you however we can be.
(((((Hugs)))))))

And thank you for your kind words. Much appreciated.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh @bright&shiny I'm so sorry you're having to go down the surgery path, but from the sounds of things, you couldn't be in better hands. I do hope that brings you some comfort.

In terms of gold basics, I've purchased a few bits and pieces from Sarraf, and have always been happy with them.

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
Oh @bright&shiny I'm so sorry you're having to go down the surgery path, but from the sounds of things, you couldn't be in better hands. I do hope that brings you some comfort.

In terms of gold basics, I've purchased a few bits and pieces from Sarraf, and have always been happy with them.

Thank you so much for the kind thoughts - I’m hoping that these are the right hands, which gives a certain level of comfort.

I’ll make sure to include Sarraf in my shopping exploration this afternoon. Thank you for the recommendation!

88_star

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Cleveland Clinic is in my neck of the woods so their reputation is highly regarded here. I'm sure you will be in the best of hands and I'll be thinking of you!

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
Cleveland Clinic is in my neck of the woods so their reputation is highly regarded here. I'm sure you will be in the best of hands and I'll be thinking of you!

Thank you for the words of encouragement. I have honestly never experienced such a level of care and concern as I did during the consultation. Amazing place and people. A complete departure from the ‘experts’ here in the North East.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cleveland Clinic is the right place to go! The doctors there are at the top of their field in all things heart related/surgery.

Wishing you calm while you and your doctors plan your treatment and lots of warm hugs! You will get through this journey, we tend to underestimate ourselves when we face these tough challenges. Let us know how you are doing when you can.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@bright&shiny I just wanted to let you know I will be thinking of you during your tests tomorrow. I hope they go well so the surgeon will be armed with all the information he/she needs to do his best surgery ever on Friday ..Big hugs..

mustangchi

Brilliant_Rock
I had to travel from the east coast for open heart surgery several years ago, the anniversary of which is this week. I had a choice between Cleveland Clinic and Mayo Clinic Rochester, I chose Mayo although both are awesome.

Thinking of you as you start this journey.

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending so much love and healing for your upcoming surgery! I was just in Cleveland and my cousin was a doc at CC for a long time- an amazing place.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I totally missed this thread. I really pray that everything went well with the surgery and you are quickly recovering.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results