shape
carat
color
clarity

My WF Champagne Ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
I have always really loved that setting. The yellow gold contrasting against the diamonds is dynamite! Congrats and hope you get the ring back soon.

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
I love the double prong on the setting, it is very pretty, Congratulations on your engagement
35.gif

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hang in there! I know its hard to receive something so beautiful then have to wrap it up and send it off the
next day
39.gif
. I love that setting. Please give us some hand pics when you get it back. I dont think I have
seen anyone on PS that has that setting. Congratulations on your engagement...keep yourself busy with
wedding plans in the mean time!

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Wow that setting is incredible! I love it!

SparklyLibra

Brilliant_Rock
35.gif
Congrats! What a lovely proposal and a gorgeous ring!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/4/2009 3:08:24 PM
Author: whitby_2773

Date: 6/4/2009 3:00:58 PM
Author: geckodani
I adore that setting! Especially in yellow gold! It''s so luscious! Congratulations on your engagement, and don''t worry, the 12th is right around the corner, and you can enjoy it for the rest of your life!
36.gif

ooooohhh! me too! love that yellow gold!

luscious! :)
Count me in! I love the bright whiteness of your diamond against the buttery yellow color of the gold. Very nice
2.gif
. Your diamond really pops.

KLETCO

Rough_Rock
Thank you everyone!!!

And to answer some questions - Yes, it has a matching band, which I''m hoping to order today. I will definitely post shots of the ring with the band when it comes in because I wasn''t able to find a lot of photos of the two rings together.

And the wedding so fast - well, we''d really been planning it since February, which is still fast, but it helps to have super-simple plans. We already had a vacation planned in July to the Cayman Islands. We decided to get married there and we aren''t having guests or anything, just a simple "walk out on the beach." I ordered a simple dress from J Crew, and that''s most of the planning done :) This is a second marriage for both of us, so we wanted to go simple and focus on "us."

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have always loved that ring - can''t wait for real life pictures!

Lula

Ideal_Rock
It is such a beautiful ring! Congratulations on your engagement.

fogdancer

Shiny_Rock
in good portuguese.... uau é maravilhoso! = wow is wonderful, congratulations the ring is lovely, wishing all the best for you and your soon hubby!

hugs

Monica

icekid

Ideal_Rock
wow, I''ve never seen it in yellow gold but it is gorgeous! congrats on your engagement
36.gif

KLETCO

Rough_Rock
The ring came early! Here are some hand pics.

IMG_2075.JPG

KLETCO

Rough_Rock
Another

KLETCO

Rough_Rock
another

kletco2.JPG

KLETCO

Rough_Rock
another

kletco3.JPG

KLETCO

Rough_Rock
another

kletco4.JPG

KLETCO

Rough_Rock
and one more

kletco5.JPG

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
You lucky dog, I absolutely love that champagne setting! Your ring is SO beautiful - congratulations!!!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/10/2009 10:00:34 PM
Author: KLETCO
and one more
It is Gorgeous. do you have a band? if so how does it fit? I love the profile and the surprise melee.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous, I love it. It looks beautiful on your hand.

cara

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE that ring. The satin yellow gold is divine. And I wouldn''t expect myself to love that ring, if you wrote the description down in words.

And the petite looks great with that center. Very lovely. Congrats!

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
You setting is divine! I L
30.gif
VE it!

ficklefaye

Brilliant_Rock
yay, kletco, you must be so thrilled that it came early, its absolutely gorgeous
30.gif
30.gif
i cant wait to see it with the band, and your wedding sounds wonderful as well, simple and sweet

KLETCO

Rough_Rock
I have the band ordered and it is scheduled to arrive next week. I''ll add more photos once I get it!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Yay!! It''s stunning! I say again, that yellow gold is just luscious!

KLETCO

Rough_Rock
Since I didn''t realize that I couldn''t post a link to my blog here (I just didn''t want to have to rehash the whole thing when that info was already out there)... If you would like to see the proposal story, please send me a PM and I will be happy to pass the link along to you.

Ali

Shiny_Rock
Pricescope does not have PM''s. Please feel free to copy your proposal story here.

RubyCharm

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/11/2009 10:08:57 AM
Author: KLETCO
Since I didn't realize that I couldn't post a link to my blog here (I just didn't want to have to rehash the whole thing when that info was already out there)... If you would like to see the proposal story, please send me a PM and I will be happy to pass the link along to you.
I think your ring is BEYOND gorgeous! It's one of my favorite designs by WF. I love the contrast between the yellow gold and the pave diamonds!

And, yes, do tell us about your engagement!

KLETCO

Rough_Rock
Date: 6/11/2009 10:21:16 AM
Author: Ali
Pricescope does not have PM's. Please feel free to copy your proposal story here.

LOL, Clearly I am getting all of my different discussion forums mixed up...

Here's my proposal story

Last week, Todd told me that we needed to go to the bank in Harford County to do some banking for his parents (who are in Florida). He said that the bank only had evening hours on Tuesday and that we had to go Tuesday night. This annoyed me because I really didn't want to go to the bank, and because Tuesday is my running night and I really wanted to run with Natalie. Todd offered to pick me up from work in the Little Car (convertible), because I always love to ride in the little car. I finally agreed, but I was still really irritated, especially when I had to email Natalie to cancel our running date.

So, Tuesday came. Todd called me at work and asked to pick me up at 4:00. I said NO. I was already not interested in going to the bank, and I certainly wasn't going to be leaving work early to do so. Why couldn't we just go on a weekend? Why couldn't Todd go by himself? Irritating. I agreed to 4:30, and he came and picked me up right on time.

He started acting suspicious right away. I mean, first, I put my work bag in the trunk and there was a bunch of clothes and stuff in there. This was confusing, but I decided that it wasn't a huge deal. Then, he started questioning my shoes - what shoes am I wearing? WTF difference does it make? We're going to the bank! But, it was a beautiful day and we were riding in a convertible with the top down, and once I was actually out of work it was super nice to be outside, so I was happy.

We drove to who knows where, as I'm not familiar with Harford County, and then he pulled into a park & ride. He told me we were waiting for someone. Ohhh kayyy.... And that is when, in the little car, he pulled out a box with a ring in it and told me all kinds of nice things and asked me if I wanted to get married. I had been adamant that if he ever proposed, I did not want an audience, and I wanted it to be just the two of us - NO ONE else, plus the little car rocks, so that is why he proposed there.

But I was confused. We were at a park & ride. Hm. Then, guess what pulled in? A van with a trailer with a hot air balloon basket on it!! He was taking me up in a hot air balloon!!!!

I was super-excited, and very happy that we weren't going to the bank.*

We went down the road to Rocks State Park, where we got to know the other couple who were in the balloon, too. They were grad students at the University of Delaware and they got engaged too! At the park, we watched the balloon guys set up the balloon and get it ready. Then, we hopped in and were off!

It was awesome. We traveled from Rocks State Park north, over farm land, houses, a golf course (Geneva Farms), and more. We saw deer and horses and dogs (the dogs were FREAKING out). We stayed at 1000-1500 feet at first, and then dropped down some. At one point, we touched down for just a second in a corn field and then went back up. We pulled some leaves off of the top of a tree. We saw our reflection in a pond. At our highest point, we could see the Chesapeake Bay, Towson, and the mountains in Pennsylvania. We could even see smoke stack or steam rising out of a power plant that was in New Jersey. It was a gorgeous day for a ride in a balloon!!

It was interesting to watch the reaction to the people on the ground. When the burners weren't on, it was very quiet, so you could basically hear everything down below. Dogs were going nuts, horses were a little spooked and little kids were excited to wave at us. People came out on their decks to see us fly by. It was really cool.

We touched down in a field next to a farm house just over the PA line. We crashed a little into some bushes, but we were fine and it wasn't bad. The folks who owned the property came out and we shared a champagne toast at sunset. Apparently, the tradition of a champagne toast and ballooning started in the 1700s in France, where ballooning started. In order to keep farmers from being upset that a flying "demon" had landed on their property, the balloon operators (ballooners? balloonists?) would bring champagne on board and offer it to the property owners. This was very very cool. Unfortunately, it was getting to be about 8:30pm and I hadn't eaten since lunch and I'd drank 2 glasses of champagne. So, I was pretty tipsy pretty fast.

We went back to our car and headed home. I was so tired! We ended up sharing carryout pasta from Genova's for dinner at home at almost 10pm, which was absolutely perfect.

What a wonderful evening! Todd really got me, I had no idea what he'd had planned. And yes, it's real this time, not an April Fools prank. The only bad thing is that the ring has to be sent back and resized down, since when I was asked what my ring size was, I apparently got it wrong. By a lot. Hooray for skinny fingers, but sad because I have to say goodbye to my beautiful ring for as long as two weeks (the jeweler is in Houston). Totally my fault.

Thanks to everyone who already sent Facebook congratulations! :)

* In fact, his parents have been asking us to go to the bank for like 8 months, so the worst part of this story is that we STILL haven't gone to the bank.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results