shape
carat
color
clarity

My Wedding Necklace: Handed down from Great Grandmother

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2009 5:01:28 PM
Author: FrekeChild
I love that you wanted people to stare at your chest. Lol. And by this weekend you mean tonight right?

Hey now... I didn''t say that!!
12.gif

Well the sun has gone down already around here so you lot will have to wait for tomorrow''s self-portraits. I know I will wind up taking them myself because

1) FI is going paintballing at 9 am
2) The cats don''t now how operate a camera. No matter how intuitive and smart I think they (well really just my female) are.

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
That necklace is just spectacular!!!
30.gif

rockin11

Shiny_Rock
What a beautiful necklace..and all the better that it was in the family!! I love beautiful family pieces!!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, it''s STUNNING! Seriously gorgeous. You''re so lucky to have such a gorgeous family heirloom! Wear it in good health!

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
What a GORGEOUS necklace! You''re such a lucky girl to have a piece like that
9.gif

As far as the camera goes, have you checked to see if the exposure compensation is dialed way down? It usually shows as a +/- number in the corner of the screen and if it''s turned down, it will make your photos dark. There are other things that will do it, but since you said you''re using fully auto mode, that''s the most likely thing that comes to mind.

I can''t wait to see more pics...

xoxo

Shiny_Rock
its beautiful!
36.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s stunning!

blackbetty

Shiny_Rock
what a lovely heirloom! the best jewelry is beautiful & meaningful.
emsmile.gif

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Well I''ll play around with the settings on my camera because its so freaking sunny out here today!!! I am blinding myself with the sun coming in over my shoulder as I type. Little rainbows everywhere!

Just gotta charge the camera though.
40.gif

Date: 2/20/2009 3:53:29 PM
Author:Clairitek
I know this much:
It is platinum.
The pearl is not a farmed/cultured pearl.
The bigger diamonds in the chain are some transitional cut (don''t know enough to know if they are OMC, OEC, or whatever) and the little diamonds in the halo around the pearl are single cut stones.
I feel a little silly! I am so new to the old cuts that I thought transitional was a loose term to emcompass OMC, OEC, etc. Whoops! I am not sure what kind of old cut those stones are but I know they aren''t modern!

Ok I''m off to go read the Old Cut thread in RT to edu-ma-cate myself.
9.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Claire that necklace is amazing.

newbie124

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/21/2009 10:13:17 AM
Author: Clairitek
Well I''ll play around with the settings on my camera because its so freaking sunny out here today!!! I am blinding myself with the sun coming in over my shoulder as I type. Little rainbows everywhere!

Just gotta charge the camera though.
40.gif

I would also try to take some photos w/ the Flash forced on. It may not seem intuitive to use flash in the daylight, but I know it''s a trick photographers sometimes use when doing portrait shots to illuminate the person''s face and avoid shadows. Although that may not get to the heart of the problem (would definitely check the exposure setting as Octavia suggested), it would probably help until you''re able to figure out the real issue.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would love to see some more pics!!

Amandine

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, its just gorgeous. Can''t wait to see those neck shots!

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Wow! What a beautiful necklace!! I adore the flower basket for the pearl. I really appreciate that type of craftsmanship in an artist.

::::::waiting for neckshots:::::::::::

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/20/2009 4:26:49 PM
Author: elrohwen
That is a seriously awesome necklace!! You''re so lucky that you get to wear something so special on your wedding day.

I agree! You are very lucky to have such a lovely piece handed down, the necklace is so beautiful!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
It is soooo beautiful!!!
30.gif

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
What a great wedding day necklace! It''s so pretty:)

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Just gorgeous!!!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
About two weeks have passed since I promised everyone a neck shot. I still can''t find my camera charger but I realized I did have a semi-decent one taken with my phone just after I picked it up from the jeweler after it was cleaned.

So here you go until I can figure out where my camera charger is and how to manipulate the settings to get better photos!

ggmanecklaceneckshot.jpg

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
o.m.g.

that necklace is GORGEOUS and it looks like it was made for you!!!

luvbug

Shiny_Rock
Wow I LOVE that!!
Looks perfect
36.gif

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2009 3:18:18 PM
Author: alli_esq
o.m.g.

that necklace is GORGEOUS and it looks like it was made for you!!!
Thank you!

I''d like to think that its my own style, though I sometimes have a hard time defining that since I am still stuck in grad school in a lab (a place where "style" doesn''t exist). I think the necklace is just big enough to be noticed, yet it will let my wedding gown (and me, I suppose) be the star of the show.

AllieGator

Shiny_Rock
That is such a lovely necklace, and sweet that it''s your grandmothers! I think it''s a great idea to use it for your wedding...beautiful!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good grief. It''s absolutely stunning. Again...

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2009 3:40:00 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Good grief. It''s absolutely stunning. Again...
Aw Freke. You know how to make a girl blush.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Whoa. That thing is a stunner.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Wow! That is beautiful... what a wonderful "something old"

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, Clairitek, it is simply gorgeous. It will go perfectly with your dress, and how special that it''s from your great grandmother.

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow, Claire! That''s gorgeous, and what a special heirloom! DO you have a dress thread up yet?

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
My eyes are popping out of my head, that necklace is GORGEOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results