shape
carat
color
clarity

My wax model is in!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lil_jay78

Shiny_Rock
Hi guys, I''ve been waiting til I had time post, work''s been quite busy...but, here are the pics of the wax model for my ring! The pics aren''t that great, cuz I my camera sucks, but hopefully you guys can see it. I''m having it done at a local jeweler out in Santa Monica...

The ring is gonna be a 6-prong Tiffany setting in platinum. The band is gonna be a bamboo-type band, 2.5mm tapering to about 2mm, made to sit flush with a plain band.

YAY! I can''t wait to see the final product!

birdseye1.JPG

lil_jay78

Shiny_Rock
Here''s another view

top_view2.JPG

lil_jay78

Shiny_Rock
Here''s a profile view.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
how exciting.

Jay, who is this SM jeweler? I''m building up my list of locals for that someday in the future.

lil_jay78

Shiny_Rock
Please excuse my ugly hand. I can''t upload the profile pic...dangit!

wax_model_in_hand.JPG

lil_jay78

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/3/2006 6:18:10 PM
Author: JulieN
how exciting.

Jay, who is this SM jeweler? I''m building up my list of locals for that someday in the future.
Hi Julie,

It''s Bubar''s Jewelry in Santa Monica, run by William Bubar. He is a really really nice guy and really knows his stuff. I should have the finalized product this Saturday and have the diamond set shortly thereafter.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good lookin'' wax! Excuse the ignorance, but what''s a bamboo-type band?

lil_jay78

Shiny_Rock
sorry, that was just the lingo we were using, he he he, it''s just a smooth band. he he he

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks great!!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/3/2006 7:51:05 PM
Author: lil_jay78
sorry, that was just the lingo we were using, he he he, it''s just a smooth band. he he he
Dude, that''s funny. I thought you were going to have horizontal lines in the band so that it would look like a bamboo shoot.

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/3/2006 8:11:53 PM
Author: FireGoddess

Date: 5/3/2006 7:51:05 PM
Author: lil_jay78
Dude, that''s funny. I thought you were going to have horizontal lines in the band so that it would look like a bamboo shoot.
Thats what I was thinking too!

Hey lil Jay, I couldn''t help but see the resemblence between your avatar "head" and the first picture of your ring. Kind of reminded me of the SNL Coneheads when they would wear a wreath on their heads! LOL

Seriously, now. Your ring will be beautiful if the wax is any indication of the final product. So special for your lady to know that her ring was made just for her! Congraulations!
36.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
it looks great. I love seeing the waxes.

lil_jay78

Shiny_Rock
Suzy, I didn''t even think about that?!? Ha ha ha, good observation.

Just FYI, I''m not a Conehead
9.gif
But yeah, i totally remember what you were talking about, he he he, I loved the Coneheads!

mrssalvo, fire, kaleigh
Thanks for the feedback too :) :)

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Looks great!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results