shape
carat
color
clarity

My wax is ready!!! PICS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here is the pic of the stone and inspiration settings:

Lizzie%20ering%20la%20la%20la.jpg

Reset:
This is taken from page 5 of my SMTR thread:
"I talked to FI about it, and he''s fine with a reset. I had originally designed a ring (not very well I might add, but you can get the general idea) with elements that he and I both liked. They (FI and BFF) went to the store and showed them my design three weeks before he was going to propose. So obviously, being right before Christmas on top of a custom job, they couldn''t get it ready in time. FI wanted to stick with the custom, but between the looming deadline and BFF pressuring him, they chose this setting.

I went to the jeweler the other day with a friend and decided to try on wrings just for fun. Turns out, not so fun. My top priority was that the shank be thin, because I''m not a fan of thick rings to begin with, but they also make me uncomfortable. So I found out that this setting has a shank thats almost 4mm wide. I wanted 2mm. the 4mm is fine if I were going to wear this ring by myself, but in a year when I wear it, it will be with another ring. Period. So I tried on bands, and the only ones that looked ok with it (nothing looked great) were a scattered diamond band about 3mm thick and a channel set sapphire band. Both of those are way out of budget for what I wanted originally anyway--which was a plain 2mm band. Not only that--but that''s a good 6-7mm on my finger, and I wouldn''t be able to stand that.

Here is a pic of my design... (my ghetto photoshop job is on the right, I want the profile of the top middle setting, and the split shank of the bottom middle. I don''t want any diamonds--ALL metal for me). Oh and that is my stone (Barry''s) that I photoshopped into it. Dan''s stone is the top left corner.

Thank goodness I love the stone!"

Originally from this link--page 5.
Link

In the meantime, we have picked out wedding bands. 2mm WG comfort fit band for me, 5mm WG comfort fit band for him PLUS a teeny tiny shared prong sapphire eternity for when I want bling, but also when I don''t want to wear my ering.

The funky profile is from ArtCarved''s "Grace" Ring and the split shank is Daniel K I believe. Oh, and there aren''t any diamonds on it at all. Plain ol'' metal.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Obviously the ring will be more refined than the wax.

IMG_4098 freke.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
IMG_4104%20freke.jpg

IMG_4103 freke.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay!

IMG_4105 freke.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lalalala!!! Last one...maybe.

IMG_4107 freke.jpg

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
I really like the side view!

36.gif
36.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Erica!

One thing I wanted to mention is that the 4 other prongs, (not the top and bottom ones) are a separate mold from the bigger one with the ring part, which is why it looks wonky in the pics.

He had a CZ in it just to see what a stone looks like, but took it out to do the revision of the wax.

Oh! So he said it should be done week after next, but maybe sooner!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Va va voom! I love it! My next custom project will be very similar too. it will be based on this Tiffany ring I love. Your ring looks very very similar.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/10/2009 8:25:36 PM
Author: CharmyPoo
Va va voom! I love it! My next custom project will be very similar too. it will be based on this Tiffany ring I love. Your ring looks very very similar.
Would you mind posting a pic? (Or a link?)

pinkstars

Brilliant_Rock
I think it looks lovely!!!!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Yay Freke! How long now until the finished ring? That side profile is going to be SO awesome - I love it!

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Can''t wait to see the finished product! Have you thought about wedding bands? (or have I missed a WB thread from you?)

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Nice, love the profile on the wax!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks pinkstars!

BEG, I think 2.5 weeks or so? He''s going to go ahead and cast it in the next week, week and a half. Then I''ll take my stone in, and he''ll remove it, put the replacement in, and set the e-stone into the new ring!

YAY!

I''m excited.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Here you go ..

Tiffany2.jpg

Tiffany%20Statement%20Round%20Brillant%20Diamond.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/10/2009 8:42:00 PM
Author: BeachRunner
Can''t wait to see the finished product! Have you thought about wedding bands? (or have I missed a WB thread from you?)
The wedding bands are all picked out. Just a plain 2mm WG band and a 2.1mm shared prong blue sapphire eternity. I''m not going to wear them all together very often once we get married, so I''m not worried about fitting flush.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/10/2009 8:43:24 PM
Author: innerkitten
Nice, love the profile on the wax!
Thanks IK!!!!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/10/2009 8:46:28 PM
Author: CharmyPoo
Here you go ..

Tiffany2.jpg

Tiffany%20Statement%20Round%20Brillant%20Diamond.jpg
Very cool Charmy. When are you doing your custom?

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/10/2009 8:46:55 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Date: 4/10/2009 8:42:00 PM

The wedding bands are all picked out. Just a plain 2mm WG band and a 2.1mm shared prong blue sapphire eternity. I''m not going to wear them all together very often once we get married, so I''m not worried about fitting flush.

Can''t wait to see em all together, at least once!
2.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/10/2009 8:50:00 PM
Can''t wait to see em all together, at least once!
2.gif
Oh you will!!!!!
9.gif
2.gif
3.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
The wax looks great. I am excited for you!!! You''re almost there!!!
36.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/10/2009 8:44:02 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Thanks pinkstars!

BEG, I think 2.5 weeks or so? He''s going to go ahead and cast it in the next week, week and a half. Then I''ll take my stone in, and he''ll remove it, put the replacement in, and set the e-stone into the new ring!

YAY!

I''m excited.

2.5 weeks?? How are you going to wait that long? How am I going to wait that long?!?! Torture I tell you!

mochi

Ideal_Rock
It''s really neat looking!! I can''t wait for you to get it!!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Freke,
I hate waiting for jewelry to get done, but in this case it''s definitely worth the wait. Beautiful!!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you made a very elegant decision in your setting choice! Not too much longer!!!!!!

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
YAY Liz....wax is the next best thing.....
30.gif
36.gif

Lori

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looking good! It''ll be done before you know it.
2.gif

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Very nice, can''t wait to see the real thing. I am sure you can''t either.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/10/2009 8:57:57 PM
Author: Kaleigh
The wax looks great. I am excited for you!!! You''re almost there!!!
36.gif
Thanks Kaleigh! I''m so excited. I think the jeweler is too. And he hasn''t even seen my entire collection of stones....

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/10/2009 9:11:16 PM
Author: Brown.Eyed.Girl
2.5 weeks?? How are you going to wait that long? How am I going to wait that long?!?! Torture I tell you!
I don''t know! And I don''t know how you''ll wait either!

Keep your fingers crossed that it goes fast!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results