shape
carat
color
clarity

My visit with Doron Isaak

afreebird

Shiny_Rock
I can't wait to see your finished ring! It's going to be so beautiful.

I can't offer any help on interpreting the CADs, but I was wondering if you considered having the ring made with a Euroshank (I think that's what it is called)? I used to have an MWM e-ring with a larger stone, and having a slightly squared-off shank in the back really reduced any ring spinning caused from being "top-heavy." Your ring seems like it would be the perfect candidate for a euroshank.

Anyway, I love, love, LOVE how your setting is going to look!

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
afreebird|1299630502|2867788 said:
I can't wait to see your finished ring! It's going to be so beautiful.

I can't offer any help on interpreting the CADs, but I was wondering if you considered having the ring made with a Euroshank (I think that's what it is called)? I used to have an MWM e-ring with a larger stone, and having a slightly squared-off shank in the back really reduced any ring spinning caused from being "top-heavy." Your ring seems like it would be the perfect candidate for a euroshank.

Anyway, I love, love, LOVE how your setting is going to look!

That's an awesome idea, but I'm afraid it wouldn't work well with my wring. Do you think the CAD's look OK otherwise?

afreebird

Shiny_Rock
I think everything looks perfect. I really like how low it looks the diamond will be set.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think seeing one of the finished rings takes a lot of the mystery out of the CADS! I think it looks fine! :appl:

LALove

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry, can't help with the CADs but since you've seen the finished ring and he knows that's what you want I wouldn't worry too much about it/them. I just have to say that I think that is one of the prettiest/most amazing settings I have EVER seen! Ever! I love the art deco aspects of it too!! It's going to look FABULOUS with your beautiful stone!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love: X a trillion!!!

Edit to make sense.. lol

ps: since the only change you want is for the stone to sit lower, just make sure you like how high/low it is as shown by the CADs. Looks good to me- I like how you can just see the culet. :)

slg47

Ideal_Rock
I think it looks great, ditto the other posters that since you have seen an example of the finished ring and liked it...I wouldn't worry too much about the CADs.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
slg47|1299633127|2867821 said:
I think it looks great, ditto the other posters that since you have seen an example of the finished ring and liked it...I wouldn't worry too much about the CADs.

Got to agree with this as well - it looks like it will work out very nicely. The CADs are misleading because they don't show any of the pave work but you do have a very good idea what the ring will look like. I'm very anxious to see it with your stone which is a carat larger than the sample you tried on - going to be a mega ring!!

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
MissGotRocks|1299641179|2867913 said:
slg47|1299633127|2867821 said:

Got to agree with this as well - it looks like it will work out very nicely. The CADs are misleading because they don't show any of the pave work but you do have a very good idea what the ring will look like. I'm very anxious to see it with your stone which is a carat larger than the sample you tried on - going to be a mega ring!!
Actually the ring I tried on had a 4 carat stone and mine is 2.5. It's still gonna look pretty groovy, me thinks. :D

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
OMG!!! He's showing me the wax today!! Seriously, this had been the most fun!! Talk about service - he's coming to me. Helps to have friends. ;-)

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I tried the ring on yesterday. It fit like a glove and looked awesome against my wring. Doron said he hoped to get it done next week. Weeeeee!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I missed this thread somehow but I love the ring you choose and cannot wait to see it completed!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
athenaworth|1301028740|2879762 said:
I tried the ring on yesterday. It fit like a glove and looked awesome against my wring. Doron said he hoped to get it done next week. Weeeeee!!

Where are the pictures!!!

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
tyty333|1301057351|2879894 said:
athenaworth|1301028740|2879762 said:

Where are the pictures!!!

He actually didn't want me to take pictures because it was only the band part (without the head) and he was afraid of the misrepresentation, which is just silly because even the band of it was gorgeous!

ETA: Here's a few pics of the wax molds. I would've included these in this thread originally but my work computer was being all sorts of wonky at the time: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/wax-molds.157709/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/wax-molds.157709/[/URL]

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I think a lot of us are watching for this ring! I think we are going to have another master craftsman to add to our list of best custom ring makers!

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Guess who's gonna have a hot new sparklie today!

LALove

Brilliant_Rock
athenaworth|1301580465|2884186 said:
WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: Please post a million pics!!!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
athenaworth|1301580465|2884186 said:

Well, I know its not me...so it must be YOU!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: I hope you'll start a new thread on Show Me the Bling so everyone can see it!!!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
YES!!! Cant wait to see pics!!!!! :appl:

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I brought a good camera and my cord. I just took a bunch of pictures of my loose diamond because I think it looks so freaking cool. Woot.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
so exciting!! I can't wait to see pictures and here what you think!

LALove

Brilliant_Rock
Did you get it????!!!! :bigsmile: Can't wait to see pics!! :sun:

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Doron's coming to pick up my ring in about 10 minutes, then I should have it about an hour later. Longest hour ever! Thankfully I have a lot of work to do to keep me busy.

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
I'm so excited for you!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
kelpie|1301606277|2884538 said:
I'm so excited for you!

me too! I can't wait to see pics :)

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I'm so super busy with work that I've only been able to take two pictures with my cell phone. It's prettier than I could've ever imagined. The pictures don't do it justice.

new.JPG

new2.JPG

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow!!! :love: :love: :love: :love: Truly magnificent!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: Love it!!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whoa!

:-o

Now THAT is a statement piece :sun: :sun: :sun: It turned out beautifully Athena!! The proportions really work - dare I say that it looks SO much prettier than the gigantosaur you modelled for us as the inspiration?

stci

Ideal_Rock
OMG Athena... this will be a dream come true! What a beauty! :love: :love:

LALove

Brilliant_Rock
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!! it's jaw droppingly STUNNING! The settings so blingy and glamourous but it doesn't over power your stone- the whole rings is fluid and just beautiful! :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results