shape
carat
color
clarity

My visit with Doron Isaak

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Another to add to my journey to find the perfect setting (here's the history) [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-visit-to-house-of-taylor-in-beverly-hills.156951/?hilit=house%20of%20taylor']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-visit-to-house-of-taylor-in-beverly-hills.156951/?hilit=house%20of%20taylor[/URL]

I'm friends with Doron Isaak. He does amazing things. When I talked to him, he told me he could do something like this with my 2.5 (the stone in the pic is a 4 carat). What do you think of this one??

http://www.modernjeweler.com/articles/2006/0306/images/diam_4_pg67.jpg

lovemybling

Brilliant_Rock
OHHH I like that.... Better than the Liz Taylor definatly!!!! :love: :love: :love:

The sides are so much more fluid. The kites have intention and don't look like they were stuck there as an after thought. Would love to see a profile shot.

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
He had the 4 carat with him when we met and it was set REALLY HIGH (he said that's what the customer wanted) but told me that he has pictures of the lower profile that he's going to email to me. And those are actually his branded cut called Nobel Cut, which is also a cool aspect.

lovemybling

Brilliant_Rock
Again just my opinion but from the picture it looks like it is better made than the liz. More refined somehow. Cann't wait to see more pics and which way you choose to go.

:bigsmile:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This ring looks more well made than the Liz and it probably lends itself better to the shape of a round center stone.

What is your favorite so far?

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I think I'm leaning towards this one. I love that I could have something that's made by someone I actually know and like. It gives it more meaning, and I've decided that I will NEVER buy from XIV Karat no matter how great their selection/prices are. Those buttheads don't deserve my business.

LGK

Ideal_Rock
This one please! The workmanship looks top notch, the design is well balanced and beautifully executed- way nicer than the Taylor setting for sure. I like that you are friends with the designer/jeweler too- that makes it even more meaning ful.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
really like this one :) in my opinion looks much more refined than the liz. it's beautiful!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Oh Yes, I really love that!!!!! Better than the other one for sure!!! I always love Doron's designs whenever I see them! And even better that you're friends with him!!! :appl:

natascha

Brilliant_Rock
This was is a total yes! It made me go Ohhh and come back for a second look even tho it is a split shank which I normally don't like, and most importantly it makes you go Ohhh.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, to have such a friend!!! I don't know him yet, but I think I need to investigate his work further!

That is definitely my favorite of all the rings you've posted. :love: I love that it has a little antique influence, has a unique style and not the same ol' thing, and it lets the center stone be the standout. Really beautiful!

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I decided on this one. Will return with more pics in 6 weeks.

pixies

Shiny_Rock
:appl: Can't wait to see it!

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I got to try on the 4 carat today. It is WAY too high and it's HUGE (so ignore that part of it), but I loved the side shot too much.

doron1.JPG

doron2.JPG

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks beautiful and well made and the lines make perfect sense. I keep thinking of those two little open triangles as "gunk collectors" though. They have to be kept scrupulously clean and I wonder how hard it will be to keep the interior areas like that *polished* and not dulled.

I thought about pitching the idea of pear sidestones in that setting, but I think they'd create the same type of openings.

Like it MUCH better than the Liz. And just generally LIKE it period! From a design sense too -- only wonder about the *practical* upshot of the two openings on either side of the center halo.

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
decodelighted|1298931291|2861494 said:
It looks beautiful and well made and the lines make perfect sense. I keep thinking of those two little open triangles as "gunk collectors" though. They have to be kept scrupulously clean and I wonder how hard it will be to keep the interior areas like that *polished* and not dulled.

I thought about pitching the idea of pear sidestones in that setting, but I think they'd create the same type of openings.

Like it MUCH better than the Liz. And just generally LIKE it period! From a design sense too -- only wonder about the *practical* upshot of the two openings on either side of the center halo.

Actually I thought about that too. I guess I'll just have to see how that works out for me. Since I'm friends with Doron I won't feel too awkward talking to him about that, but for now I think I'll like it. It lends to the "art deco" look to me.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it will be gorgeous and I think you'll love it! Why oh why must it take so long to get??? Don't you wish you could order it today and have it tomorrow? Too bad it just doesn't work that way!

LGK

Ideal_Rock
I think those holes will be OK in terms of grime. I have some settings that have a lot of openings/filigree. Really they don't collect dirt- i mean, your diamond would look like a hunk of grubby snot long before you had dirt collect in those holes. So as long as you clean it at least every week I'm sure it'll be fine.

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
And of course you all know i made a video of it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkLQ_MEY7wI

Again, HUGE diamond and WAY too tall. Mine will sit so that the culet almost touches my skin and yet still almost sit flush to my wring.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Me want :love: !

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ohh, it's breathtaking! I can't wait to see it on your hand. Just out of curiousity, what is your ring size? That 4 ct. looked way too big to me (I know yours is 2.5, which will be perfect, IMO)...and I honestly can't imagine anyone with a ring size smaller than 9 wearing that rock.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is an incredibly beautiful setting! :love: It reminds me a little of Beaudry which I also love. I think the owner of that ring is going to be sorry she asked for it to be set so high, because I think it messes up the look. Yours will be perfect set at the lower, proper height. What is so funny about her wanting it set high is that it's not like you can miss a 4 ct. stone or anything! :twirl:

I don't think you'll have problems with those holes. You'll be cleaning the ring regularly, and unless you lather lotion with your rings on, I don't see it getting gunk in there anyway. I wouldn't change it because I like that it is a split shank with the kites or whatever on the sides. To fill it in would ruin the look, I think.

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
yennyfire|1298939090|2861575 said:
Ohh, it's breathtaking! I can't wait to see it on your hand. Just out of curiousity, what is your ring size? That 4 ct. looked way too big to me (I know yours is 2.5, which will be perfect, IMO)...and I honestly can't imagine anyone with a ring size smaller than 9 wearing that rock.
I'm a 5.75. That puppy was GINORMOUS! I can't imagine anyone wanting something that high. He told me the lady who wanted it that high is an older well-to-do Beverly Hils woman who wants it noticed. Um, yeah, it's gonna get noticed. But not for the right reasons.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Its stunning!!! I cant wait to see it done and on your hand!!! Congrats on picking something you love!!! :love: :love:

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
OMGOMGOMG! The side diamonds (Nobel cut) are being picked out today!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Athena I just adore your new setting choice! It is simply stunning.

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
I love your choice...the kite diamonds really make it special!

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Just got a message that my 3D images will be sent to me on Tuesday!!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Cant wait to see!!! :appl:

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I got my 3D images. I've never seen them before so I don't know how to look at them to see if they're OK. Can someone else help me decipher??

image3.jpg

image2.jpg

image.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results