shape
carat
color
clarity

My two new stones from Finewater

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Magenta

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/20/2009 11:30:27 PM
Author: D&T
Magenta -thanks, I thought you might have wondered about the spinel, like i did with your citrine
3.gif
and of course I had to have Gary cut me a portuguese round like your spess. I love it, he does such nice cuts. I'm trying to rack up my brain for another colored gem for him to cut, but what... hmmm

9.gif
Oh, the possibilities that come up, in swapping jewelry
2.gif

What to ask him to cut next...a garnet or spinel? Something with a high RI. They tend to be my favorites. Not that I've actually got a spinel, unfortunately. With his trip later this year, he's bound to be able to get his hands on some good rough.

(threadjack)

That yellow tourmaline in that yellow gold setting has been very helpful, too, so thanks! Any chance you can put it in a white gold mount, and take some pictures (if you don't have one, it next to a white gold ring would do)? I was thinking I'd have to go with a white metal for the very yellowy-orange spess, but I'm starting to think otherwise after those pictures...

(/threadjack)

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/22/2009 12:06:28 AM
Author: Magenta

Date: 6/20/2009 11:30:27 PM
Magenta -thanks, I thought you might have wondered about the spinel, like i did with your citrine
3.gif
and of course I had to have Gary cut me a portuguese round like your spess. I love it, he does such nice cuts. I'm trying to rack up my brain for another colored gem for him to cut, but what... hmmm

9.gif
Oh, the possibilities that come up, in swapping jewelry
2.gif

What to ask him to cut next...a garnet or spinel? Something with a high RI. They tend to be my favorites. Not that I've actually got a spinel, unfortunately. With his trip later this year, he's bound to be able to get his hands on some good rough.

(threadjack)

That yellow tourmaline in that yellow gold setting has been very helpful, too, so thanks! Any chance you can put it in a white gold mount, and take some pictures (if you don't have one, it next to a white gold ring would do)? I was thinking I'd have to go with a white metal for the very yellowy-orange spess, but I'm starting to think otherwise after those pictures...

(/threadjack)
I think next on your list should be a mali garnet
31.gif
I bought one from Barry (and they are a firecracker next to all of my gems - he still has one on this site, a bit smaller and inexpensive but his picture doesn't show the great dispersion or doesn't do the mali justice at all neither does my picture
7.gif
), I need to find the picture, I set it in this setting for reference. The garnet was yellow with a tint of Green, and it did not go well, the color was not strong enough for the gold metal and looked much better in white gold. I have a WG ring, no WG semi mount though I will try to take pictures next to WG later. I also put the Citrine in this mount, and it lookd great as well. So your Spess color can definitely hold its own, I don't think it will have a problem at all in yellow gold.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Both stones are lovely!!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’d been wondering about that spinel for a while. How does it compare to Gary’s picture?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Princessplease.

MAGENTA -here you go, the pictures of the metal color as promise

The two top are my citrine in yellow gold, two in the middle is citrine in a metal holder and a semi pendant mount, although it needs rhodium plating though,
The bottom left is the citrine, and the bottom right corner is the golden tourmaline. Hope this helps in metal choices.

metalpics6.22.0901.JPG

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/22/2009 8:54:23 AM
Author: Chrono
I’d been wondering about that spinel for a while. How does it compare to Gary’s picture?
Its very lively IRL and it sparkles quite a bit, this one is very true to the pictures. love it
1.gif
although I took a picture with my own shawdows casting on it
40.gif
so it looks darker than it really is.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks D&T. Purple spinels are really underrated, aren''t they?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/22/2009 9:07:01 AM
Author: Chrono
Thanks D&T. Purple spinels are really underrated, aren't they?
yes, they are, I actually prefer them over my Amethyst
23.gif
as there are more dispersion.

ETD: actually i thunk i'm more inclined to lighter colored gems, my amethyt is still rich looking but maybe too dark of a stone for my everyday liking

Magenta

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/22/2009 9:00:06 AM

Thanks a lot, D&T! I've been extremely busy the last few days, but now can go back to happy pondering...

Some accurately coloured pictures of the spinel would be nice, too. I'd like to see more eye candy, if you're willing - and various of us have contributions to make to the vendor likeness thread, so you need to take them anyway
2.gif

A mali garnet, you say...hmmm...I think the money will be going in other directions for the moment (setting the spess, for one thing!), but I'll keep my eye out for one.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/25/2009 4:17:56 AM
Author: Magenta

Date: 6/22/2009 9:00:06 AM

Thanks a lot, D&T! I''ve been extremely busy the last few days, but now can go back to happy pondering...

Some accurately coloured pictures of the spinel would be nice, too. I''d like to see more eye candy, if you''re willing - and various of us have contributions to make to the vendor likeness thread, so you need to take them anyway
2.gif

A mali garnet, you say...hmmm...I think the money will be going in other directions for the moment (setting the spess, for one thing!), but I''ll keep my eye out for one.
Promise I will give my spinel some photoshoot time, once the sun comes back, I''ve got a few projects going on and they all might come on PS all at once
2.gif

Ryon

Shiny_Rock
Both stones look amazing you can''t go wrong with Gary =)
He does an amazing job

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/25/2009 11:25:10 PM
Author: Ryon
Both stones look amazing you can''t go wrong with Gary =)
He does an amazing job
thanks Ryon! I definitely agree!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results