shape
carat
color
clarity

My Sweet Petite AVC!!

GeorgieQ

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you ac117 that's lovely of you to say! :wavey:

Hi daintyG - can you please point me in the right direction on the JbG bezel, I can't seem to find the setting you're talking about (it's probably staring me in the face!). $1500 usd would roughly convert to a smidge over $2000 aud, depending on the daily exchange rate. Plus there is tax and shipping fees on top of that, but still definitely worth considering - I just can't find it! :oops: Thanks for you help :)

daintyG

Brilliant_Rock
This page mentions a starting price for just the setting ($995), but I think that the bezel is a little different from some of the others.

http://www.jewelsbygrace.com/1-10ct-antique-marquise-cut-diamond-bezel-ring-gia-l-vvs2#.V9iP2jVGT6k

Here is the one with the price I mentioned (for just the setting, it says $1495): http://www.jewelsbygrace.com/53ct-pear-shaped-rose-cut-diamond-bezel-ring#.V9iQOTVGT6k

These are old, so it's possible her pricing has changed since then. I hope that helps. I really considered resetting my cushion this way, but I went with a pave setting from IDJ. I have a teeny little antique pear, and I've been thinking about setting it in a JBG bezel for several months.

GeorgieQ

Brilliant_Rock
Oh thank you daintyG for going to so much trouble on my behalf. Be sure to let us know when your pear is done. :)

daintyG

Brilliant_Rock
It's my pleasure! I don't have a setting budget yet, so it will be several months or longer until I set it. I plan to share pics whenever it's set, though!

Funion

Rough_Rock
Georgie
I really love the shape of your stone. The rectangular AVCs are my favorite! Also love the term "head tingle" gonna have to steal that one if you don't mind! :razz:

GeorgieQ

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you Funion for your lovely compliment! And of course you can use 'head tingle' - it's a very versatile little phrase that I use quite often in a range of contexts!!! :lol:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi GeorgieQ :)

What a gorgeous stone! Are you still considering a plain bezel? If you are, I would recommend David Klass. He does beautiful, fine bezel work, and it's going to cost you far less than you've been quoted so far.

You can find him via FaceBook and he also has a page here on PS showing his work. If you're still saving for your setting, this will expedite matters a lot. And his bezel work really is lovely. I had a 3 stone ring (emerald cut with pears either side) done by him and it's absolutely lovely and the workmanship is all I could have hoped for.

Just a suggestion in case you're still saving and aren't committed to a particular vendor.

Good luck!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's his PS thread.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/show-us-your-david-klass-bling.196654/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/show-us-your-david-klass-bling.196654/[/URL]

and here's a photo of my ring! :bigsmile: I like it so much because the bezel is very even width all around all three stones and because the inside of each bezel is very smooth and even; sometimes you'll see bezels that aren't completely straight, or evenly curved, where the inside of the bezel touches the stone. DK's are very smooth and even.

img_12822.jpg

GeorgieQ

Brilliant_Rock
Hey mrs-b :wavey: thank you so much for your advice! You're collection is amazing, one of my favourites here on PS! Your bezel ring by DK is stunning and I totally agree with you re: the finish of his bezels, he's clearly a perfectionist. I had noticed whilst pouring over loads of bezel pics on the internet that there are those who can do a nice, neat clean bezel.....and those that can't! I have actually sent my stone off to the jeweller who made my original e-ring (a jeweller in Melbourne). She does a beautiful bezel and she's working on some drawings to show me next week. I have a small, short/stumpy finger (3.75), so I don't have much space and even though the .88ct isn't huge, on my finger it certainly takes up some room, so my jeweller is trying to work out the best bezel proportions for the stone and my finger. I kind of wanted a slightly wider bezel (I think) because with my current e'ring which has a very fine bezel I find that the centre stone kind of gets 'lost' with my diamond wedding ring - if that makes sense? So I wanted a little 'frame' around the avc to really showcase it and so that it doesn't compete with my wedding band. Though depending on the proportions, my finger size may not accommodate a wider bezel - I'll just have to see what miracles my jeweller can come up with! Thanks again for your help mrs-b, I very much appreciate it. :)

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! Can you post the dimensions? I am looking at getting a sweet lil AVC and yours gives a great perspective of finger coverage.

GeorgieQ

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! Can you post the dimensions? I am looking at getting a sweet lil AVC and yours gives a great perspective of finger coverage.

Hi Johanna - Wow, this thread is a blast from the past and I'm still in love my avc! So the dimensions are 5.91 x 5.44 x 3.40mm. I found that for my hand size, which is quite small, these dimensions worked well. Being more rectangular than square gives it a longer look, which when you have narrow, short fingers like I do, looks better proportioned on the finger. Best of luck with your avc purchase, I hope you post it here when you get it, I promise you'll love it!

naroo_11

Shiny_Rock
Here's his PS thread.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/show-us-your-david-klass-bling.196654/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/show-us-your-david-klass-bling.196654/[/URL]

and here's a photo of my ring! :bigsmile: I like it so much because the bezel is very even width all around all three stones and because the inside of each bezel is very smooth and even; sometimes you'll see bezels that aren't completely straight, or evenly curved, where the inside of the bezel touches the stone. DK's are very smooth and even.

img_12822.jpg

@mrs-b what are the dimensions of the center emerald?

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b what are the dimensions of the center emerald?

@naroo_11, I just looked through my records and was able to find a photo of the GIA cert. I believe the diamond was a .81ct J VS2, excellent polish and symmetry. It's dimensions were 6.36mm x 4.40mm x 2.91mm. The pear sides were .4ct and .42ct respectively.

naroo_11

Shiny_Rock
@GeorgieQ I have the same problem with small hands, I have 4.5 with short fingers. Looking forward to seeing your finished project. AVC's are what got me started on pricescope.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results